PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN/Reiss/PFT: Moss and Patriots agree on 3-year, $27M deal [mergedx9]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PFT: Moss deal done ?

If it is truly 3 years 27 million that sounds reasonable for a player like Moss.

I actually think the Pats and Moss have had the parameters of a deal in place all along. Maybe Moss' agent was holding out for one last concession (as Brady's agent did during those negotiations), even though both sides knew that a deal would be done. Maybe not.

In any case, I think Moss and the Pats have mostly just been eff'ing with the media over the weekend. They couldn't sign the deal before Friday to begin with, so why not miss the league filing deadline on Friday and jerk around the likes of Clayton and Mortenson over the weekend?

Moss hates the media as much as Belichick does.

When they are good and ready, they'll either call Reiss and let him break it or one of Randy's buddies in the media (maybe the guy in Minnesota).

Last edited:

In fact, the whole process has been dictated by Randy reading his horoscope:

Make the decision that you’re going to take a more adventurous approach to the week ahead. Don’t decide or assume ahead of time, how things will unfold, instead let life surprise you. When you approach life with a sense of curiosity and adventure you open yourself up to the myriad of possibilities that exist.

(edit: fyi, that's the sample "weekly generic horoscope" at a site that licenses atrology content. anybody want to start a sports horoscope business? "Your relationship with your agent will be foremost in your mind this week...")

I actually think the Pats and Moss have had the parameters of a deal in place all along. Maybe Moss' agent was holding out for one last concession (as Brady's agent did during those negotiations), even though both sides knew that a deal would be done. Maybe not.

In any case, I think Moss and the Pats have mostly just been eff'ing with the media over the weekend. They couldn't sign the deal before Friday to begin with, so why not miss the league filing deadline on Friday and jerk around the likes of Clayton and Mortenson over the weekend?

Moss hates the media as much as Belichick does.

Now that's a fact.

Re: Reiss now says MOSS DEAL IMMINENT

Wait, so the sky's not falling?

When they are good and ready, they'll either call Reiss and let him break it or one of Randy's buddies in the media (maybe the guy in Minnesota).

Ha. I see I cross-posted this with Reiss announcing that "sources" have confirmed a deal is "imminent".

Looks like the Pats and Randy decided to throw Reiss the bone.

I just hope imminent doesn't mean 5 days.

Reiss: Moss deal imminent

I don't see why that a-hole at PFT should get credit for this story. He breaks wind and claims it's a story, just like his tweety bird counterpart at the 4 letter cesspool.

I thought he was going to Green bay to be with Favre or he was reuniting with Culpepper or the Jets were after him or San Diego was interested? I am now sooooo confused...

This is where Clayton ought to man up and say he was flat out throwing shiiit at the wall to see if it would stick and that he is an utter boob...

ESPN is also reporting that they are close to a 3 year 27 million deal.

Take this info with a grain of salt, since it clayton who was saying that Moss wanted to get reunited with Culpepper.

Hopefully this is the case, although I learned in 2004 to never believe it until the ink is on the contract when we heard "Pedro back to the Sox imminent" and then he signed with the Mets the next day.

I trust Reiss' sourcing to the point if he says it's imminent it is.

Pft: Moss Deal Done

http://beta.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

MOSS DEAL DONE
Posted by Mike Florio on March 3, 2008, 2:10 p.m.

A league source tells us that the Patriots and receiver Randy Moss have agreed to a new contract. Per the source, the deal is for three years, $27 million.​

The contract hasn’t been signed, and the language is being finalized.​

It’s unknown how much of the deal is guaranteed, signing bonus, etc.​

This would be great news!
Now if we can just get that Johnson guy out of cincy
Aww hell just bring back Gaffney i'd be happy.
Now on to the draft has anybody been thinking of a possible scenario to get both Gholston and Groves on the team but adequately fix the secondary as well?
Yeah I don't know either.

Excellent. This has been a good news day.

Re: Pft: Moss Deal Done

lets hope this is almost over :)

WEEI says it's Mort reporting the deal as 3/$27M. But his report is still as closing in on, not done deal.

The New England Patriots and Randy Moss are finalizing terms on a three year, $27 million deal, a source told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

The two sides are currently in the process of reviewing contract details, the source told ESPN.

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3274806

Hope this is true, would be great to get this signing done with, sorry if this was already posted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey