PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN/Reiss/PFT: Moss and Patriots agree on 3-year, $27M deal [mergedx9]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PFT: Moss deal done ?

At this point, the "preliminary and uncorroborated" part means that basically this is the same as all the other rumors.

Right. I love that.

I have "preliminary and uncorroborated" rumors that Lindsey Lohan & Jessica Biel both want to sleep with me.

This is good news for you, "BradyToMoss".

Now you won't have to be a fan of another football team.

You got that right.............

Clayton now reporting that Moss has called Bart Starr, keeping things Packer driven. Moss wants to play with Bart, look for Moss to end his career with Starr............

Last edited by a moderator:

Right. I love that.

I have "preliminary and uncorroborated" rumors that Lindsey Lohan & Jessica Biel both want to sleep with me.

At the same time? Wow, good for you...

I hope it's true, regardless of the dollar amount, I think he's worth it.

To be honest, anything to get the people around this board down off the bridges is going to be more than welcome.

You got that right.............

Which way were you leaning?

You should check out the Cowboys. Seems like it would be a good fit for you.

FWIW, Don Banks, SI reporter was just on the Jim Rome radio show and he said he thinks the Pats and Moss have an understanding, and that he'll re-sign, but he's a little surprised it hasn't happened yet. He said the Brady comment (we're a pair, where he goes, I go, paraphrasing) with no smile on his face, and some other stuff I didn't get made it clear he and the Pats are meant for each other, and is the reason no other team is going after him. Banks finished saying he'd be very surprised if Moss doesn't re-up, but, again, why the wait? I know, nothing new. :confused:

One other think, Banks said he covered the Vikes when Moss was there, but I don't know what that adds.

When will the pain end.

FWIW, Don Banks, SI reporter was just on the Jim Rome radio show and he said he thinks the Pats and Moss have an understanding, and that he'll re-sign, but he's a little surprised it hasn't happened yet.

Why? Because the timetable has been inconvenient to Don Banks and other reporters who want to cover it? If Moss and the Patriots are truly working towards a contract, they should wait until they are good and ready. Last time I checked they were under no obligation to sign it right away, I'm pretty sure we've got some time left before mini camp.

Plus, I'm sure that Belichick and the Pats will be falling all over themselves to report the signing to the league way ahead of whatever reporting requirements are outlined in league memos....

Just like they always release their injury reports early with extra information....

At this point, the "preliminary and uncorroborated" part means that basically this is the same as all the other rumors.

yes, but look at all the mileage the mediots got out of a "preliminary and uncorroborated" story that walsh had a tape of the Rams walkthrough...by the time they were done with it, 90% of the country assumed it was a fact...

Well, John Clayton has changed his tune ... again.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3274806

Talks between the Patriots and Randy Moss heated up Monday as both sides are working toward getting a deal done Monday, according to sources.

On Friday, Moss started to listen to offers from other teams. On Saturday, he explored possibilities with other franchises and even discussed the possibility of reuniting with his former Vikings teammate, Daunte Culpepper, on another team.

While all this was gong on, Moss stayed in touch with the Patriots with hopes of reaching a deal. Friends of Moss believe a deal with the Patriots is imminent but neither the Patriots nor his agent, Tim DiPiero, are commenting.

John Clayton covers the NFL for ESPN.com.

Has anyone bothered to check with "The Physic Hotline" yet?

JOHN CLAYTON =

beaky-buzzard.jpg

WEEI was just mocking Clayton for essentially rehashing his Culpepper drivel over the weekend byt ending with essentially the same spin as Florio - only 20 minutes after Florio spun it...LOL

I think Reiss had it right, the deal was essentially in place, Moss saw the first few signing yeilding what appreared to be insane bonus money, decided he wanted to probe his own market a bit, is finding out it's not as hot as hyperventilating mediots painted it over the weekend, and the deal will get done today or by tomorrow. If the team didn't allow Randy time to be comfortable with essentially whatever he is leaving on the table being not that much, then there could have been repercussions down the road. And signing a guy like Randy with repercussions looming is not a smart/value signing. They may in fact sweeten the pot a bit if he shows them there is legit interest for substantially more money, but they won't throw stupid money (overpay) at him in a panic - they just don't do that.

Last edited:

I don't know if it is clayton, but on espn they just said that Pats and Moss are finilizing on a 3 year 27 million contract.

I saw it on Espn, they had a banner going on the bottom of the screen.

WEEI was just mocking Clayton for essentially rehashing his Culpepper drivel over the weekend byt ending with essentially the same spin as Florio - only 20 minutes after Florio spun it...LOL

I don't think there's ever been a more obvious example of an 'insider' making wild stabs in the dark. Clayton looks way out of his depth next to Schefter.

I don't know if it is clayton, but on espn they just said that Pats and Moss are finilizing on a 3 year 27 million contract.

I saw it on Espn, they had a banner going on the bottom of the screen.

as i said in another thread, ESPN wants to take credit for any news as it broke it.

Has anyone bothered to check with "The Physic Hotline" yet?

In fact, the whole process has been dictated by Randy reading his horoscope:

Make the decision that you’re going to take a more adventurous approach to the week ahead. Don’t decide or assume ahead of time, how things will unfold, instead let life surprise you. When you approach life with a sense of curiosity and adventure you open yourself up to the myriad of possibilities that exist.

(edit: fyi, that's the sample "weekly generic horoscope" at a site that licenses atrology content. anybody want to start a sports horoscope business? "Your relationship with your agent will be foremost in your mind this week...")

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes