PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN Radio:Don't expect an agreement today

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Just heard on ESPN radio not to expect an agreement today. In fact, they said not to expect and annoucement until later in the afternoon tomorrow.

Teams have to be under the cap by 6 PM tomorrow unless extended.

If things fall apart we can expect that announcement anytime.

Last edited:
Like everyone, I just hope they get it done before the deadline, whichever day that is. There's more than enough money to go around . . .

Well, that puts it to the last second again for teams to know what they have to do. What a mess.

But it is actually hard to have much sympathy for the teams. They should simply have already layed out what they need do to for 94.5M cap or higher caps and be just sitting now waiting for the final word.

It is also hard for me to understand why some of the teams jumped the gun against the Thursday midnight deadline and left themselves exposed to exactly what happened. Again it seems only sensible to have it all figured out what they were going to do and then submit their package only a few minutes before the deadline. Why they felt compelled to make cuts ahead of that and even broadcast them to the media is really hard to figure. The flip side to that is that maybe those were cuts they wanted to make anyway and didn't care about the deadline or wanted to make that a more palatable reason for the cuts !?! Interesting.

PATSNUTme said:
Just heard on ESPN radio not to expect an agreement today. In fact, they said not to expect and annoucement until later in the afternoon tomorrow.

Teams have to be under the cap by 6 PM tomorrow unless extended.

If things fall apart we can expect that announcement anytime.

Thanks for the update.....I still think this sucks! I am not big on the waiting game this and free agency have become.

Again..Upshaw leaves..and unless he mysteriously returns..and there is an extension..it's gone plain and simple...the NFL should call his bluff and go ahead with it all..I'm sick of the bozo walking out..let HIM face the angry players who will get screwed by it...his legacy is in the crapper..here it belongs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes