PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN Radio: Brady's right & Polian backpeddling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I was the one on here when you all were in doom in gloom mode and predicted way back in mideseason that the Pats would only lose to KC and that was it.
Jets were the only team that was seen as a threat this year to the AFC East but but that all ended when Pennington went down. That is ancient history.
Funny that you talk about a tough schedule in the beginning but ignore the cupcakes the rest of the way.
I did mention Tampa as a decent win but it's nothing to feel great about. The entire NFC, with the possible exception of Seattle, suck big donkey balls.
You're delusional if you think the Pats were in the KC game. "It was our mistakes" claim is silly. Yeah, if you guys didn't make the mistake of not defending the run or pass and didn't throw the INTs maybe they would have won. Guess it was just a lucky day for KC.
Brady and BB care way too much about what sports writers say. This is ironic as they often claim not to care what they say. Hmmmm.
Harrison37, you bring so much to this board. We'd all sorely miss your one-sentence posts about nothing.

ClosingTime said:
Hey, I was the one on here when you all were in doom in gloom mode and predicted way back in mideseason that the Pats would only lose to KC and that was it.
Jets were the only team that was seen as a threat this year to the AFC East but but that all ended when Pennington went down. That is ancient history.
Funny that you talk about a tough schedule in the beginning but ignore the cupcakes the rest of the way.
I did mention Tampa as a decent win but it's nothing to feel great about. The entire NFC, with the possible exception of Seattle, suck big donkey balls.
You're delusional if you think the Pats were in the KC game. "It was our mistakes" claim is silly. Yeah, if you guys didn't make the mistake of not defending the run or pass and didn't throw the INTs maybe they would have won. Guess it was just a lucky day for KC.
Brady and BB care way too much about what sports writers say. This is ironic as they often claim not to care what they say. Hmmmm.
Harrison37, you bring so much to this board. We'd all sorely miss your one-sentence posts about nothing.

ClosingTime -
Its clearly obvious you didn't actually watch the game. The only reason that the Chiefs won the game was Brady and the receivers giving up the interceptions. I blame both because 3 of the 4 interceptions went off receivers hands. The 4th was clearly overthrown by Brady. Without those interceptions, the Patriots are in the game. Would the outcome have been different? Probably. Can I say for sure what it would have been? Nope. I am not Nostrodamus.

Now, as for your assessment of the NFC, this just shows you haven't actually watched many of their games either.

REgarding your argument about the KC game I'll simply say that if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.
So you think the NFC is strong? That's what you are saying for the record.
Me, I don't think any of those teams, except Seattle and maybe the Giants are even in the top 10 teams in the league.
All 6 AFC playoff teams, Seattle, SD, KC, Giants.

When did the disrepect card become so popular? Everyone seems to be playing it around the league. Even if the Pats were being "direspected" earlier in the year, they haven't been lately. They were one of the few late season stories, especially after the Colts had their first loss. Everyone has been talking about the roll that the Pats and Steelers have been on heading into the playoffs. The Pats have the second best odds behind the Colts to win the Super Bowl. Not to mention that nearly everyone outside of Jacksonville thinks they are going to beat the Jags this weekend. It just seems to me that this should be a non-issue by now.

Pats (10-6) -8 vs Jags (12-4). The horror. The Pats should be a least favored by 27. Don't people know what the Pats have done!!!!!!

workhorse said:
When did the disrepect card become so popular? Everyone seems to be playing it around the league. Even if the Pats were being "direspected" earlier in the year, they haven't been lately. They were one of the few late season stories, especially after the Colts had their first loss. Everyone has been talking about the roll that the Pats and Steelers have been on heading into the playoffs. The Pats have the second best odds behind the Colts to win the Super Bowl. Not to mention that nearly everyone outside of Jacksonville thinks they are going to beat the Jags this weekend. It just seems to me that this should be a non-issue by now.

People who think that the ODDS mean anything are hilarious. Truly hilarious. The ODDS mean NOTHINGl. Because they have nothing to actually do with the game. They have more to do with Vegas trying to get the most money possibly out of the bettors.

ClosingTime said:
REgarding your argument about the KC game I'll simply say that if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Typical quote from someone who can't stand the facts being used.

ClosingTime said:
So you think the NFC is strong? That's what you are saying for the record.
Me, I don't think any of those teams, except Seattle and maybe the Giants are even in the top 10 teams in the league.
All 6 AFC playoff teams, Seattle, SD, KC, Giants.

Actually, I think that the NFC is stronger than you are giving them credit for. I am sorry that you can't understand the difference.

Now, as for who the top 10 teams are, how can you consider KC and SD to be there? SD will be there next year, but not this year. And I think you are totally disrespecting Carolina, Washington, and Tampa.

Ok, I think people are missing a number of valid points.

First off, while we went 4-4 to start the season, there were any number of really good things to take from that section. Not least of which is the win over Pittsburgh.

Has everybody forgotten Brady's perfect 4th quarter? Just read what Peter King (by a mile the best writer around) said about the game in SI.

Just because we had a mixed record that half of the season, doesn't mean we should write it off.

But what we were missing in that section was some consistency and a big defense.

Then came Tedy....

Then came Sey....

Then came.....

A shut out of Tampa Bay. WE SHUT THEM OUT.

Our defense was swarming at the end of the year.

Playing exactly the way they need to come a date in the RCA.

Our season has been completely different to the Colts.

We have needed the 16 games to get our various units on track and working together.

I could see that. Most people could see that, but some didn't want to.

The Colts have had their team healthy most of the year, they approached it differently, and with a lot of success (so far).

But now we're rolling.

Now we've worked out most if not all of the bugs.

The Colts are rolling too, ditto the Steelers.

It's primed.

We're ready.

#12, #54, and BB are ready.

Our season starts here!

Let me say this once....

I DO NOT WANT TO GET TO THE SUPER BOWL WITHOUT BEATING THE BEST TEAMS IN GREAT GAMES WHERE THE BEST PLAYERS PLAY AT THE TOP OF THEIR GAME.

Anything less and I'd feel cheated.

Here we go...

Another classic playoff series....

CAN I GET AN AMEN???!!!!!!!

Did I go off point?

ClosingTime said:
Pats (10-6) -8 vs Jags (12-4). The horror. The Pats should be a least favored by 27. Don't people know what the Pats have done!!!!!!

Gotta love people who think that the Odds mean anything and try to use that as an argument that it shows respect.... Here's a hint for you. All that it shows is that alot of people were putting money on the Pats and not the Jags and that Vegas wanted more betting on the Jags.

DaBruinz said:
People who think that the ODDS mean anything are hilarious. Truly hilarious. The ODDS mean NOTHINGl. Because they have nothing to actually do with the game. They have more to do with Vegas trying to get the most money possibly out of the bettors.

Well even if you feel that way, the Pats are getting respect from Vegas. Odds makers aren't going to set a line that is going to lose them money. Not to mention the fact I was just using it to illustrate a point. BTW, the Jags are 100 to 1 to win it all.

Back to Pollian's comments this AM on ESPN.
He so tried to cover his arse.
A team that makes the playoffs is a "good team"
A team that wins some games in the playoffs is a "great team"
A team that wins it all is exceptional/extraordinary.

This is true to Indy's philosophy of "we participated". Interesting that you are great even when you don't get to the final game...

DaBruinz said:
Typical quote from someone who can't stand the facts being used.
What facts? if our receivers didn't drop the ball, they would have caught it? How is that a fact son? Newsflash - whoever plays better wins the game.
Committing fewer mistakes count a lot toward this.
Typical rationalization from a fan that can never give another team credit.

DaBruinz said:
Now, as for who the top 10 teams are, how can you consider KC and SD to be there?
Because I watcch the games and i trust what I see. The NFC teams only have good records because they beat up on other pathetic NFC teams. I don't understand why you refuse to see what EVERYONE has taken as a fact all season. SD and KC looked pretty good against you guys. I really thonk you are only taking this ridiculous stance so you can prop up the Tampa game as a great win.
DaBruinz said:
SD will be there next year, but not this year. And I think you are totally disrespecting Carolina, Washington, and Tampa.
Carolina is probably the 11th best team in the league, maybe 10th, over the Giants. Ask yourself, who would you ratehr have to play, Carolina or KC or SD.
As for Tampa and Washington. They're dogs with fleas.

I haven't read the entire thread so forgive me if I'm repeating something that somebody else said.

But I think Patriots fans should be supporting Polian's claim that the Colts are a great team. It's better for the Patriots' legacy for the Colts to be regarded as a great team.

If you belittle the Colts, then you're also belittling the Patriots achievements since our domination over the "invincible" Colts is one of the most impressive aspects of our run.

If the Colts are accepted as a great team, it only serves to benefit the Patriots.

SAme reason Pyper that DaBruinz is pimping Tampa Bay.

ClosingTime said:
Golic and Brady are full of shiite.
First off, in the beginning of the season the Pats struggled and had major problems in their secondary, as well as playing good teams. Was everyone just supposed to stick their heads in the sand and pretend that they were playing well even after getting detroyed?
If that is the case, this messageboard was a source of the most egregious disrespect in tearing apart the teams deficiencies.
Second, only an idiot would have claimed, and I don't recall anyone even saying this, that the Pats would miss the playoffs. Most rationally said that the Pats had big concerns in the secondary but that they'd make it into the playoffs and again be a very dangerous team. There was never, ever, ever any doubt that the Pats would win the crappy AFC East.
Third, I fail to understand why people find it so easy to overlook the strength of the opposition. When most on here and in Boston were freaking out early in the seasonabout a 4-4 record, to me that record wasn't bad considering. It's very tough to have back-to-back games against good teams. Conversely, now people are blowing way too much smoke up the Pats asses for their latest streak in which they beat the dregs of the league, one playoff team from the JV conference and got their asses handed to them by KC.
Glad people are finally wising up to Brady's nonsense. He cried wolf (disrespect) one to many times.

Agree to disagree...

I will admit it though -- I almost thought for awhile (mid-season) that the Pats were going to have another 2002 year (no playoffs). I am not afraid to admit that.

That being said, I am pleasently surprised on how the team pulled through (hopefully to win the superbowl again).

Pat the Pats Fan said:
Back to Pollian's comments this AM on ESPN.
He so tried to cover his arse.
A team that makes the playoffs is a "good team"
A team that wins some games in the playoffs is a "great team"
A team that wins it all is exceptional/extraordinary.

This is true to Indy's philosophy of "we participated". Interesting that you are great even when you don't get to the final game...

I would change the:

"A team that wins some games in the playoffs is a "great team"
to...

"A team that wins some games in the playoffs is a "very-good team"
and...

"A team that wins it all is exceptional/extraordinary."
to...

"A team that wins it all is great."

I would say that a dynasty is considered "exceptional/extraordinary."

Sounds more realistic.

workhorse said:
When did the disrepect card become so popular? QUOTE]

When Tom Brady opened his trap, that is when.
NFL Network AGAIN talked about it tonight with Ron Woodson and Terrel Davis...both were laughing at Brady and mocking the Pats saying that is very unlike a BB team to come out to the media with being so outspoken. They also had a bit of the transcript from Dillions stupid locker room rant yesterday. Sitting back, if I was not a Pat's fan, I would think the Pats were falling apart. But being a Pats fan I KNOW that the Pats DID play the disrespect card with the media in the past through mostly and notably Rodney Harrison.

However, because this time Tom Brady said it, it is BIG news...actually behind the coaching firings, it is THE story of the week. Tom Brady HAS to realize by now that he has major power in the NFL and with that power comes a HUGE responsibility. He should have kept his damned trap shut and let the other lower profile players speak about the disrespect that the Pats are not getting.

I dunno. I think it was all deliberate. If there is ANYONE who is aware of how his statements will be interpreted in the media, it's Tom Brady.

On Monday, the "Jags" were the disrespected team, and they were starting to build themselves some momentum there. THey had the media on their side, and it very well could have started steamrolling towards, "The Jags are probably gonna pull this one out", thus giving the team even more confidence.

Tom, speaks up, and all of a sudden, the Jags have to spend time answering questions about THE PATRIOTS, instead of focusing on themselves. He completely deflected and distracted attention away from the Jaguars.

As far as ESPN, NFL.com, Sirius Radio, WEEI, CBS Sportsline, Tony Kornheiser, ROn Jaworski, Skip Bayless, Woody Paige, or any other moron that has taken the job as a sports reporter, how many of them help determine the score after 60 minutes of football?

ClosingTime said:
What facts? if our receivers didn't drop the ball, they would have caught it? How is that a fact son? Newsflash - whoever plays better wins the game.
Committing fewer mistakes count a lot toward this.
Typical rationalization from a fan that can never give another team credit.

Damn, you are dense. The FACT of the matter is that on 3 of the interceptions, the Pats receivers had the ball go off their hands. That is the FAULT of the Patriots Receivers. The Colts DBs had NOTHING to do with forcing the interceptions. But, Hey be stupid all you want. You are the one people are ignoring on here.

As for giving other teams credit, you are laughable. I have given plenty of teams credit. You should look in the mirror, though, with your comments. You are the one who wasn't giving the Patriots credit. And don't give us this garbage that you were.

ClosingTime said:
Because I watcch the games and i trust what I see. The NFC teams only have good records because they beat up on other pathetic NFC teams. I don't understand why you refuse to see what EVERYONE has taken as a fact all season. SD and KC looked pretty good against you guys. I really thonk you are only taking this ridiculous stance so you can prop up the Tampa game as a great win.

You trust what you see? You've already shown that what you see can't be trusted.

SD looked good against a very depleted Patriots team. THAT is a fact. One that even someone like yourself should comprehend. KC did NOT look that good. The Patriots, Tom Brady in particular, played poorly that game.

I think you don't have a clue as to what I think because you are too busy hating on the Patriots as you have done all season.

Also, MOST ignorant fans claim that the NFC was a JV league. Educated fans realize that there were quite a few good teams that ended up going head to head. When that happens, you get teams with records not as good because someone has to lose.

ClosingTime said:
Carolina is probably the 11th best team in the league, maybe 10th, over the Giants. Ask yourself, who would you ratehr have to play, Carolina or KC or SD.
As for Tampa and Washington. They're dogs with fleas.

Sorry, Pittsburgh is the dog with fleas. Not Tampa or Washington. As for which team I'd rather play? That's easy. KC. Why? Because their defense really isn't that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back