PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN Radio backing off earlier reports that Maroney wont play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats0204

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Too funny.........just listening to the Felger show and ESPN is now backing off their earlier reports about Maroney not playing Sunday.

thanks for letting us know. good news that even ESPN is backing off now.

It's not on ESPN's scrolling botton line either. What about Wendy Nix and her impeccable sources, Felger ? :confused: :bricks:

BelichickFan said:
It's not on ESPN's scrolling botton line either. What about Wendy Nix and her impeccable sources, Felger ? :confused: :bricks:

Is she on ESPN now?

I don't know too much of wendy nix since she concentrated on football. your opinions on her and her credibility?

MrBigglesWorth said:
I don't know too much of wendy nix since she concentrated on football. your opinions on her and her credibility?
I don't know her much but when she's on NEST she seems like some stupid airhead broad. Yeah, yeah, I don't like women in sports so I'm prejediced :)

Willie55 said:
Is she on ESPN now?
That's who Felger said had the inside info ESPN was going with.

Other than NEST, she does (or maybe used to do) sports on Channel 7 in Boston.

I have seen her maybe 6 times in NESN, and the only impression that i got out of her is that she is terrible. She'll just go with what the majority says. No insights..no nothing. Big waste of time. Alot like Felger and Borges.

BelichickFan said:
I don't know her much but when she's on NEST she seems like some stupid airhead broad. Yeah, yeah, I don't like women in sports so I'm prejediced :)
I'm glad you said it. Most of them are so...contrived is the best word I can think of. Cheryl Miller is the exception, but she was one of the best two or three women basketball players of all time. So, she knows of what she speaks.

What's wrong with Maroney?

I used to watch her when I lived in Boston. I always thought she was as easy to listen to as she is easy to look at, and when she was on a panel with other Boston media members I thought she held her own just fine without having the negative and nasty edge that so many of them have. But I don't know that she did much investigative reporting, or whether she's any good at it.

PromisedLand said:
I used to watch her when I lived in Boston. I always thought she was as easy to listen to as she is easy to look at, and when she was on a panel with other Boston media members I thought she held her own just fine without having the negative and nasty edge that so many of them have. But I don't know that she did much investigative reporting, or whether she's any good at it.

Her work on ESPN has been laughable, and I'd say this Maroney report is strike one against her as an investigative journalist.

She left Ch 7 at the end of June for ESPN. She's eye-candy no doubt. However if this is her first big Boston-based scoop and she's messed it up (ie: Maroney plays Sunday) her stay at ESPN won't be very long. Its one thing for Mortenesen or Salisbury to retract a scoop, another thing for somebody on the job 2 months.

Richter said:
Her work on ESPN has been laughable, and I'd say this Maroney report is strike one against her as an investigative journalist.
I actually have not seen her on ESPN, and I watch Sportcenter and/or ESPNews almost every day, some days I catch PTI and/or Around the Horn, and I sure watch NFL Football, college basketball and football, and various miscellany. What show is she on? (If it's baseball that would explain why I haven't seen her; I rarely watch baseball on TV unless I need help sleeping.)

PromisedLand said:
I actually have not seen her on ESPN, and I watch Sportcenter and/or ESPNews almost every day, some days I catch PTI and/or Around the Horn, and I sure watch NFL Football, college basketball and football, and various miscellany. What show is she on? (If it's baseball that would explain why I haven't seen her; I rarely watch baseball on TV unless I need help sleeping.)

She's done some on location reports for Sportscenter, that's about it. They're the usual puff pieces, just garbage really, a waste of everyone's time.

Richter said:
She's done some on location reports for Sportscenter, that's about it. They're the usual puff pieces, just garbage really, a waste of everyone's time.
I probably did see her then but it just didn't make an impression. Is she gone from the Boston sports scene then? (I believe she had moved to Channel 7 from NESN just before we moved away?)

Pats0204 said:
Too funny.........just listening to the Felger show and ESPN is now backing off their earlier reports about Maroney not playing Sunday.

You could almost dismiss it by the fact that a news outlet had the info prior to Wednesday considering that Belichick's coaching staff makes the freemasons look like nothing when it comes to secrecy.

It's possible ther Pats will do what they did with Bruschi in the playoffs last year against Jacksonville where they dress him but will only play him if the team seems to be struggling.

However, this is not the same thing as being OUT.

Wendy is OK, actually knows sports, holds her own when up against blow hards (she used to do WEEI's Big Show occasionally and did a decent job the other day of trying to get Felger to be more rational and challenged him a bit (almost chided at times) about overstating the situation and some of the particulars in the Branch goings on. She was a sports anchor at Ch.7 in Boston and sometimes hosted Sports Extra instead of Amorosino. A better interviewer than flat out reporter I think. She likely decided to go national because she is married to one of the Sox former temporary GM by Committee members (can't remember his name but not Jed Hoyer) and I'm sure her access and objectivity were open to some criticism locally as a result of all the Desperate Housewives in house FO drama.

A worse talking head Boston mediot was filling in on EEI today - Butch Stearns whose own channel ditched it's Sunday show. What a dufus. When I tuned in he was in an argument with a very sharp caller who was trying to explain to him how Branch and his agent were looking for the Pats to rip up that final year and that was the sticking point. All Butch kept saying was I never read that.... Could not for the life of him grasp the concept. And with Steve Buckley co-hosting there was no hope since if it doesn't involve the Sox or baseball nostalgia Buck is out to lunch.

You really do have to wonder how some of these folks ever got to where they are sportsmedia wise in a large market town like this.

Hmmm... you mean she couldn't be objective about the Red Sox the way the Globe and their NESN subsidiary are? :rolleyes: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back