PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN predicts patriots draft Russell Okung

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESPN - 2009 NFL Draft

I am not really sure that tackle is an area of need. :eat3:

Since when do the Patriots, under Belichick, draft strictly on need?

Lets review:

Matt Light will be 31 by the time the new season starts and Nick Kaczur is a better than average JAG.

The last time the Pats drafted an OT in the 1st round, they moved him to OG, which is an area of need for the Pats since O'Neal will be turning 33 during the next season.

O'Neal has been injury prone through-out his career.

The only drawback I see in the ESPN grand scheme is that Okung has to declare first as he is a junior.

Since when do the Patriots, under Belichick, draft strictly on need?

Lets review:

Matt Light will be 31 by the time the new season starts and Nick Kaczur is a better than average JAG.

The last time the Pats drafted an OT in the 1st round, they moved him to OG, which is an area of need for the Pats since O'Neal will be turning 33 during the next season.

O'Neal has been injury prone through-out his career.

The only drawback I see in the ESPN grand scheme is that Okung has to declare first as he is a junior.
But you have to give O'Neal a lot of credit for guts, not many guys can play CB their entire career then move across the line and play Guard on a team fighting for a playoff berth. :itsok: :D

In my mind, the draft would really have to take a huge left turn for BB to NOT draft a defensive player in the frst round.

I still really like Mount Cody of Alabama, especially after a year of working with Woicik, while Vince plays it out.

I saw article on Oline and amazing the pats tackles espeically the left tackles lead the league in rushing when rushing behind him.

also the left tackle runs for the patriots are the strongest in the NFL ,yet we definitely got to replace him as a priority?.

what we need is a gaurd badly as neal gets dinged up or makins leaves with have nothing.

Um, based on that link I see that ESPN is ranking Okung as the 32nd best prospect in the draft - nothing there to indicate they expect NE to win SB 43... :confused2:

That was my point.

I am predicting we win SB43!

A guy who could possibly move Light over to RT and anchor the line for the next 10 years.

I'm of the opinion, that while Light is a good LT, he'd make an awful RT. He's small and quick as tackle's go, and RTs are normally bruisers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back