PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost forgot. ESPN CAN TAKE THEIR POWER RANKINGS AND SHOVE IT.
I will STILL continue to boycott them. I've heard enough crap from that publication to know that they are full of crap. :mad:

They did put you at number 1 but i understand what your saying ESPN always hates on the Buffalo Bills and I think were very underated!

Of all the teams in the Division, The Bills are the only team in our division that I don't "HATE". I like Jauron and quite frankly, I respect them. I hope you guys beat the crap out of the Dolphins and Rats.

I agree with my fellow Patriot Brethren. I think that the Bills can compete for the Wild Card if they get good QB play.

It's funny...I hate the Colts MORE since they left our division. Probably because I never considered them a threat. I do consider the Bills a threat but respect them much more than the Jets and Phins.

It's funny...I hate the Colts MORE since they left our division. Probably because I never considered them a threat. I do consider the Bills a threat but respect them much more than the Jets and Phins.

The rivalry definately intensifed after they left.

its crazy thinking the patriots and the colts could still be in our division. That is scary!

16-0 Pats on ESPN power ranking stat.?

will the history repeat itself.?

I'm with those who say the Giants should be #1. The defending SB Champions should get this ranking until they clearly show on the field that they no longer deserve it after a few weeks of play. I felt this way when we were the champs and I feel this way now.

I want your honest opinion on where you think the bills should be ranked. I am not here to troll the boards but to have friendly conversation with the opponents that we face. Good Luck in 2008!

tough question and welcome to the board. i think you'll find that folks welcome intelligent football conversation from opponents' fans (and even a little trash talking) when it is expressed politely and thoughtfully.

as for your question. espn has the bills at 19, so to move them up more than one or two slots would say they are in the top 50% of NFL teams, which is a ranking that they might earn early this season but that their recent performance doesn't merit at this point. i'd leave them where they are, but be open to their being "undervalued." personally, i think they will be the top divisional challenger this season.

I dont' see the patriots going 16 and 0 again but i could easily seeing them go 13 and 3 or 14 and 2. I just don't see them going 16 and 0 but you never know they are a very strong team!

I'm with those who say the Giants should be #1. The defending SB Champions should get this ranking until they clearly show on the field that they no longer deserve it after a few weeks of play. I felt this way when we were the champs and I feel this way now.

The flaw is that the team has to stand by itself as a 2008 team - Not what was done in the past. The Giants deserved that No.1 position for 3 weeks from the Super Bowl (ouch that hurts to type) up till free agency - After that you can Kiss 2007 bye and look at the teams rosters and determine your rankings...........and NO way the Giants jump past the Patriots and Colts with the current rosters.

I don't understand why this is so difficult to understand.

I dont' see the patriots going 16 and 0 again but i could easily seeing them go 13 and 3 or 14 and 2. I just don't see them going 16 and 0 but you never know they are a very strong team!

16 and 0 is more than any fan could ever ask for...that being said, i sure would like to see it again.

All that cheating crap takes a back seat to two undeafeated seasons. Anyway, I'll take any record that gets us to the Post Season.

As for your Bills, If they stay healthy, they can compete for a post season spot.

Wow I am surprised allot of patriots fans think we can make the playoffs makes me feel good but i feel the same thing of course!

Wow I am surprised allot of patriots fans think we can make the playoffs makes me feel good but i feel the same thing of course!

They should have been a wild card contender last year except injuries just simply caught up with your ball club at the end of the season. I really don't know why everyone is saying "if Trent Edwards steps up" because I thought he did everything that a Bills fan could have asked for last season. You'll probably disagree which is your right as a Bills fan, but from what I saw, Trent Edwards was the most consistent quarterback you guys have had since Kelly.

On no i don't disagree at all I think Trent Edwards is the answer if you go the boards though you will see some are for J.P Losman and some are for Trent. Its crazy actually! Question when Drew and Tom were both playing and when drew came back from his injury who did the fans want starting?

Last edited:
On no i don't disagree at all I think Trent Edwards is the answer if you go the boards though you will see some are for J.P Losman and some are for Trent. Its crazy actually!

Losman???? Yikes, how can you root for a guy who's last name makes for such a catchy newspaper headline when he looses?

No thanks. Edwards will lead to you the promised land. However, the dude does seem a little goofy - Kinda like he's perpetually stoned.

allot of our ladies fan thinks he is hott again i don't care if he is i just want to win football games. It has been fun talking to the patriots fans today at work i should do it more often your not that bad!

On no i don't disagree at all I think Trent Edwards is the answer if you go the boards though you will see some are for J.P Losman and some are for Trent. Its crazy actually! Question when Drew and Tom were both playing and when drew came back from his injury who did the fans want starting?

The thing though is that no team in the division should try to copy what we did in order to build our franchise. I like where you guys are going with Jauron at the helm because, through it all, you guys were the only team in the division that didn't try to steal our blueprint. What happened to the Dolphins when they tried? They went from a 9 win season to a 4 win season and Saban jumped ship. What happened when the Jets tried? Well, they're still trying but it will most likely blow up in their face like every other move in the history of that horrid franchise. The Bills have went their own route to build their team and it's ended up having you in second place (even though you had a losing record last year) and will most likely have you jockying for a spot in the Wild Card. The Dolphins have also started building their franchise differently and they will be competitive in a few years under Parcells/Sparano. The Jets? Honestly, it's not because I hate them, but I only see them taking a step back in the future. They made a lot of big money moves that caused dissention in the lockerroom and meanwhile the only proven commodity that they signed was Faneca. Sure, these moves could be successful but they still didn't address their major weakness: quarterback. And, believe me, neither Pennington nor Clemens will get it done.

I couldn't agree more about our rebuilding method! I think **** Jauron will be one of the greatest coaches in Buffalo Bills history if the front office will just give him a chance. They are a very young team with a great deal of talent and are a force to be reckoned with for years now I think. I think our time is coming and hopefully sooner then later!

I couldn't agree more about our rebuilding method! I think **** Jauron will be one of the greatest coaches in Buffalo Bills history if the front office will just give him a chance. They are a very young team with a great deal of talent and are a force to be reckoned with for years now I think. I think our time is coming and hopefully sooner then later!

The bills suck...

IM just kidding, calm down. I think the bills are a fighting team, when they arent playing when the pats are, I usualy try to catch a game, they can suprise you sometimes, the only problem I see them having is not being able to finish the job, you know, like the cowboys game.

Dont' remind me of the Cowboys game i think i almost hit a tree 25 times on my way home!

Dont' remind me of the Cowboys game i think i almost hit a tree 25 times on my way home!

yea, Im a patriots fan all the way, but that game actually pissed me off. I hated that stupid smile on romo's face when they won, like they actually deserved, maybe the team did for rallying back, but if you throw 6 INT like he did, you dont deserve anything in that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back