Welcome to PatsFans.com

ESPN Power Rankings

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by KontradictioN, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,395 / 33 / -53

No Jersey Selected

2. flutiemagic

flutiemagic Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I want your honest opinion on where you think the bills should be ranked. I am not here to troll the boards but to have friendly conversation with the opponents that we face. Good Luck in 2008!

3. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +2,395 / 33 / -53

No Jersey Selected

Well, I would put them at 11 or 12. The Bills are going to be a team contending for a Wild Card berth at the end of 2008.

4. Larry Whigham

Larry Whigham Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I think it all depends on their QB play. Edwards is going to have make a big leap to get them to the next level and I'm not sure I see that happening. That said, I love Jauron and think he gets the max out of his players.

5. flutiemagic

flutiemagic Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

thank you guys i like that have a friendly opinion about it and not bashing me for being a bills fan!

6. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +710 / 11 / -7

I would put the Giants at #1.

Until proven otherwise, that is what they accomplished.

There is actually a logic to this cliche: You don't know for certain, objectively speaking, that the performances leading to a championship are the exception rather than the rule. Until we know otherwise, they have established their level of play as the best in the NFL.

I do not enjoy saying this, of course. And yes, subjectively, I would still put my money on the Pats ;)

PFnV

7. flutiemagic

flutiemagic Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Being a bills fan there is no way you can put the giants at number 1 they should of never even made the playoffs and your team should be 19 and 0! I am sorry the patriots are the best team in the nfl by far and I am a bills fan for many years but i also know when to be realistic!

8. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,256 / 22 / -6

I agree. I don't think the Giants are in the top five best teams, but for the sake of power rankings they have earned the top spot.

9. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +321 / 13 / -1

#12 Jersey

Of all the teams in the Division, The Bills are the only team in our division that I don't "HATE". I like Jauron and quite frankly, I respect them. I hope you guys beat the crap out of the Dolphins and Rats.

I agree with my fellow Patriot Brethren. I think that the Bills can compete for the Wild Card if they get good QB play.

10. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,256 / 22 / -6

I would say in the 10-15 range based on schedule, what they did last year, and the fact that they have improved a bit without many losses.

11. flutiemagic

flutiemagic Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't why everybody thinks you guys are such hostile fans you are pretty friendly fans in my opinion. I am sure I will get bashed here and there but thanks for not bashing me so far!

12. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +2,395 / 33 / -53

No Jersey Selected

Only people that come on the forum and troll it up think we're hostile fans. If you're fair and it shows that you just want to come here to talk football then we'll assist you in that area. If you come on here and the first thing you do is bash the Pats (even without glorifying your team afterward) then you're not going to get a friendly reception. ColtFreaks is the only website I've ever been to for another team where I got an unfriendly reception just for voicing my opinion on SpyGate. Then again, you have to consider that most of the people on there are from Indianapolis and they might be a little inbred/slow so it speaks for itself.

Even the Jet fans are unbiased toward Pats fans for the most part.

13. flutiemagic

flutiemagic Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well i was talking to some of the bills fans on our website and they got banned for talking about spygate so trust me i wont' bring it up sorry camera gate lol!

14. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I've posted on the Bill's site from time to time. They say that bringing up other that other teams do the same and other things is just deflecting. Maybe so to a degree, but could you ask them why they don't seem to mind that other teams "cheat?" Why just hate the Pats? Double standard?

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  15. flutiemagic

flutiemagic Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

i agree there should be punishment for every team that cheats. the problem is your team got caught but let me tell you if we were cheating i think we would be punished too!

16. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +239 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

Would it have been a 1st round pick???

I doubt it...

Look at the tampering that went on this year punished a 5th round pick and a swap of 3 s which was liek 7 spots.

17. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +948 / 17 / -8

#3 Jersey

To be fair, though, IIRC the Niners didn't even actually make contact with Briggs. Over on the Niners boards there were folks complaining about the fact that they got punished for tampering, and they couldn't even do it right. :D

18. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Agreed but that wasn't my point. The point is other teams have been caught cheating. Other teams have admitted to doing what the Patriots did and worse. Yet no one there is upset over that......they quickly dismiss any such talk and only focus on the Patriots.

19. flutiemagic

flutiemagic Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

i wonder why though if it wasn't for the patriots there would be no Tom Brady and Randy Moss connection. That is one fierce duo! This is why we got Leodis to help cover this guy! That connection is amazing!

20. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +321 / 13 / -1

#12 Jersey

I almost forgot. ESPN CAN TAKE THEIR POWER RANKINGS AND SHOVE IT.
    I will STILL continue to boycott them. I've heard enough crap from that publication to know that they are full of crap. :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.