PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN Picks Panthers over Pats in SB

Status
Not open for further replies.
feelthepain said:
Yep, pre preseason predicitions are so interesting, glad to see Pat fans pick and choose the predictions they believe, especially when they favor the Pats....go figure.

Yeah, those guys who think the Dolphins can win with no offensive line, a sketchy secondary, and a QB who has never won a damn thing who is held together with duct tape really know what they are talking about. If Miami had a young QB like Cutler, I'd worry about them going forward.

feelthepain said:
Yep, pre preseason predicitions are so interesting, glad to see Pat fans pick and choose the predictions they believe, especially when they favor the Pats....go figure.

THank you Jon Madden. Care to tell us what happens if the football travels past the goaline now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jacky Roberts said:
Yeah, those guys who think the Dolphins can win with no offensive line, a sketchy secondary, and a QB who has never won a damn thing who is held together with duct tape really know what they are talking about. If Miami had a young QB like Cutler, I'd worry about them going forward.

Nothin like a bias homer with a keyboard.

Last edited:
So, I'm supposed to believe *all* predictions if I agree with any. That doesn't make any sense. I think the Patriots are much better than the Dolphins. So, if someone picks the Patriots over the Dolphins, I'll agree with that. If they pick the Dolphins over the Patriots, I won't.

It's called thinking for myself.

PlattsFan said:
So, I'm supposed to believe *all* predictions if I agree with any. That doesn't make any sense. I think the Patriots are much better than the Dolphins. So, if someone picks the Patriots over the Dolphins, I'll agree with that. If they pick the Dolphins over the Patriots, I won't.

It's called thinking for myself.

It's called wishful thinking on your part. This is a whole new year and what happened last year or two years ago have nothing to do with this year. You Pat fans want to live off your previous rep, like your team stays on top and everyone else remains the same, get real it doesn't work that way. You know why the Eagles are no longer the class of their division?? Because their rivals have gotten better. Pat fans love to toot their own horn and disrepect everyone else at the same time, thats the definition of blind faith.The Pats time on top won't last forever that is a fact. Saban has the fins poised to win the division.

feelthepain said:

Are you talking about yourself?

You're an @ss clown!

feelthepain said:
It's called wishful thinking on your part. This is a whole new year and what happened last year or two years ago have nothing to do with this year. You Pat fans want to live off your previous rep, like your team stays on top and everyone else remains the same, get real it doesn't work that way. You know why the Eagles are no longer the class of their division?? Because their rivals have gotten better. Pat fans love to toot their own horn and disrepect everyone else at the same time, thats the definition of blind faith.The Pats time on top won't last forever that is a fact. Saban has the fins poised to win the division.

Whatever. When you have something substantive to say, let me know.

feelthepain said:

What is wrong with what I said? You think their OL is solid and Culpepper's years of quarterbacking a winner will lead Miami to the Super Bowl? Take off the tiel glasses and take a realistic look at this team.

feelthepain said:
Saban has the fins poised to win the division.

He does? LOL!!

Please give us an unbiased reasoning to why this is going to happen this year.

feelthepain said:
It's called wishful thinking on your part. This is a whole new year and what happened last year or two years ago have nothing to do with this year. You Pat fans want to live off your previous rep, like your team stays on top
Well, I can see why you want to ignore who your team did in the past :D

I can also see why you need to brag about your team BEFORE any games are played, because of the phins' habit of losing games. Kinda sucks not to be able to brag about your team during the season. Been there, done that.

Actually, we probably aren't in disagreement about the relative conditions of each team:

Both the pats and phins improved in the off-season, we both agree.

The pats had a better team than the phins last year, we both agree.

Jacky Roberts said:
He does? LOL!!

Please give us an unbiased reasoning to why this is going to happen this year.

The Fins are going into Sabans second season without having to learn a whole new system. It's a system the team knows works and they believe in, something they didn't have at the start of last year or in 04. Miami has gotten younger and faster On D they will be more aggresive with Dom Capers aboard because he's an expert with the 3-4 D Miami will improve on their 49 sacks from last year, Saban and Capers have coached together in the past and are very good friends. We have a much better secondary then we had last year, even though you don't agree. Saban brought in the players he thinks fits what he wants to do, so lets see who knows more about secondarys?? You or Saban, wow thats a tough one.

Miami's Oline improved vastly from 04 to 05 cutting their sacks given up by half. Hudson Houck is arguably the best Oline coach in the NFL. We have upgraded the LT positionwith LJ Shelton and moved Rex Hadbnot from G to C, where he played in college. He has a nasty disposition and he will imporve the Center position for us. Miami also upgraded the FB,TE and WR positions. With Fred Beasly one of the best run blocking FB's in the game, Justin Peele an improvment at blocking at the LOS for us, Kelly Campbell super fast leathel target for Culpepper when in Minn and very good return man and Derek Hagan the all time Pac 10 WR in history and a steal for us in the 3rd round. If that weren't enough we then upgraded all three starting 2nd and 3rd string QB's form a year ago.

Daunte is a huge upgrade over Gus and Harrington is a huge upgrade over Sage Rosenfels Cleo Lemon is a very athletic QB with a big arm at the third spot we are lucky to have him. Saban has turned nearly the entire roster over in his two offseasons and added the players that he feels will fit in his system. Miami will be much better prepared this season and the we will not be the team you think we are. The Pats control over the division is no longer in their control. You can chosse to close your eyes and hope for the best, but what good will that do??

Last edited:
feelthepain said:
The Fins are going into Sabans second season without having to learn a whole new system. It's a system the team knows works and they believe in, something they didn't have at the start of last year or in 04. Miami has gotten younger and faster On D they will be more aggresive with Dom Capers aboard because he's an expert with the 3-4 D Miami will improve on their 49 sacks from last year, Saban and Capers have coached together in the past and are very good friends. We have a much better secondary then we had last year, even though you don't agree. Saban brought in the players he thinks fits what he wants to do, so lets see who knows more about secondarys?? You or Saban, wow thats a tough one.

Miami's Oline improved vastly from 04 to 05 cutting their sacks given up by half. Hudson Houck is arguably the best Oline coach in the NFL. We have upgraded the LT positionwith LJ Shelton and moved Rex Hadbnot from G to C, where he played in college. He has a nasty disposition and he will imporve the Center position for us. Miami also upgraded the FB,TE and WR positions. With Fred Beasly one of the best run blocking FB's in the game, Justin Peele an improvment at blocking at the LOS for us, Kelly Campbell super fast leathel target for Culpepper when in Minn and very good return man and Derek Hagan the all time Pac 10 WR in history and a steal for us in the 3rd round. If that weren't enough we then upgraded all three starting 2nd and 3rd string QB's form a year ago.

Daunte is a huge upgrade over Gus and Harrington is a huge upgrade over Sage Rosenfels Cleo Lemon is a very athletic QB with a big arm at the third spot we are lucky to have him. Saban has turned nearly the entire roster over in his two offseasons and added the players that he feels will fit in his system. Miami will be much better prepared this season and the we will not be the team you think we are. The Pats control over the division is no longer in their control. You can chosse to close your eyes and hope for the best, but what good will that do??

I certainly understand a Miami fan's optimism about going in the right direction, but my problem is the thinking that next year the Fins are going to be an elite team. As good as Saban claims to be, he's never done in the NFL. That being said, New England's talent is still much, much better. As good a guru Saban is on the 3-4, Belichick is the master of this. I like Ronnie Brown and think he will do good things, but with a sketchy O-line and a new QB playing against a team that has the best D-line in football, I dont share your optimism. Improved? Yes. Division contender? No. I think if they can manage the same record as last year, it'll be an improvement considering the last few games in 2005 were more an aberration than anything.

Homers have reasons to beleive...

feelthepain said:

Homers have to have their reasons for optimism. Gald you listed them. Now one at a time.

The Phins RBs are better this year? Why ? Because they lost Ricky Williams and picked up a journey man FB? OK I'll buy that.

They improved their Offensive line. How? They picked up a first round bust cut by two losing clubs the Cardinals and the Browns both of whom are crying for Offensive linemen. They cut, but on second thought brought back their own failing LOT Damion Macintosh "just in case". And they moved a Guard to Center. (I thought their old center was the rising star of their rejuvenated O-Line? No?) OK, I'll buy that.

They will get more than 49 sacks out of a geriatric line that is another year older. The youngest guy was 33 last year. They are all a year older. Now the DBs are all young and inexperienced so they'll hold coverage longer than the old wily All Pros they ditched did who were going over the hill. Still that means less time to get to the QB, probably, but if you say the senile set will be better ... OK I'll buy that.

The Dolphins had no draft. But they picked up a broken hipped DB in round 1, traded for Pep in round two and drafted Hagan a falling WR who has only two deficiencies, a) he can't catch and b) he can't run. But if you say he's a steal. Then they had no picks until round seven ... OK, I'll buy that.

The Dolphins upgraded their QBs. How? Culpeper is a fair QB, but he is replacing a SB winner. But saying Harrington and Lemon are better than Ferotte is a bit much... But, OK I'll buy that.

Oh, and by the way. I'll buy that thing. Do you want cash or will you take a check for the Brooklyn Bridge?

:blahblah: If Pats boards are so irrelevant, and Patsfans themselves such laughingstocks as fans, then.... why are you here at Patsfans.com?

PS: I was making a joke with the Steelers comment. As in, it was not meant seriously.

ClosingTime said:
We don't really care who picks what. None of it is relevant. I'm amazed how much time Pats fans, generally speaking, waste complaining or praising, depending on whether the Pats were described favorably, sportswriters' prognostications. The 'no respect' thing has made Pats fans a laughingstock. Seriously. Half this board, and even other Patriots boards, is filled with threads about how some guy with a computer didn't pick the Patriots to win every single game by at least 40 points. Then the judgement is summarily that noe of these guys know a football from a potato. Given that, why even bother.
I know it's the offseason and all but some of you guys need to give it a rest.
A lot of these journalist picked the Pats last year. Some didn't. There was praise for the former and ridicule for the latter. Here's a towel to wipe the egg off your face. Not a Terrible Towel, but a towel nonetheless.

feelthepain said:

Let me get this straight.
The Patriots have won 3 of 5 SBs. The have won the division 4 of 5 years, and tied for it the 5th. Thinking that the talent and coaching that accomplished that will continue to achieve is 'blind faith'.
The Dolphins have not seen the playoffs in 3 years, and steadily digressed until squeaking out a winning record last year. They are 'poised to win the division' after not coming close for a very long time, isnt blind faith.

I dont think you could be more wrong.

Excuse me, but in the one game last year where both teams were trying, didn't the Patriots beat the Dolphins in Miami behind 100+ all-purpose yards from Heath Evans????????

How's it gonna look to that nursing home defense when they have to stand up to Dillon and Maroney?

The Fins will be like the 2004 Jets.We''ll sweep them but they''ll sneak into the playoffs.There's no way on earth the Fins wins the division this year with Culpepper at QB.As long as the Pats have Brady and BB the division is ours.Daunte can't hold a candle to Brady's talent at the QB position.I can't wait for the Steelers to stomp a hole in the Fins asses on 9-7-06.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back