Status
Not open for further replies.

denverpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
This is great news. No repsect, we get no respect at all!

denverpatsfan said:
This is great news. No repsect, we get no respect at all!

I can only imagine what Steelers fans think about it. Oh my!

:bricks:

Last edited:
just because they don't pick us to win the superbowl this year doesn't mean we get no respect...just getting it that far in THEIR playoffs shows a lot of respect because of the people we lost on offense and defense. i'm suprised we even made it that far, just be glad they didn't knock us out against the Colts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Underoath said:
just because they don't pick us to win the superbowl this year doesn't mean we get no respect...just getting it that far in THEIR playoffs shows a lot of respect because of the people we lost on offense and defense. i'm suprised we even made it that far, just be glad they didn't knock us out against the Colts.

it was a joke. The pats love to play the no respect card. SO we like to bring that up every chance we get. :D

I swear, the Panthers are the NFC version of the Colts. Except they've actually made a Superbowl in my lifetime. Still, they are vastly overrated. Delhomme is like a junior Lord Favre with the media now, he has one nice run and people act like he's a great QB. That Superbowl did more for his rep than any one game has ever done for another player. He's mediocre. The offensive line isn't that great, Keyshawn Johnson is not a weapon, the starter at running back is a crap shoot, the front four is very overrated, the secondary has never been that good, and they've done nothing to justify the love they get from the so-called analysts since that Superbowl run, unless getting taken behind the woodshed by the Seahawks counts. There are other teams I'm worried about, but the Panthers aren't one of them. We meet them in the Superbowl, and another Lombardi is headed to Foxboro, by 20+ points. OVERRATED.

The Panthers defense looks to be pretty darn scary. Arguably the best defense in the league (on paper, anyway). Smith (who I can't stand) WAS the best wide-out in the league last year. Fox is a very, very good head coach. I'd take Brady over Delhomme every day and twice on Sunday though.

Man, a rematch would be fun. Blood match.

In 03 they seemed like a Patriots Lite south...in many many ways..but then, they seemed way to big for their britches (Big headed and such for doing what?? Losing the SB??). But then injuries and..a bad year. They were better last year...and yes tough. Very similar to the Pats..THAT would be GREAT!!!

I was hoping for that last year. It has to happen now. The Panthers are my second favorite team.

I wonder whatever happen to that guy who used to come here that was a panther fan, I think his name slickpantherwillie or something like that.

I think Carolina might be the class of the NFC, no disrespect meant to Seattle. Defense wins championships, and they have a very good one. Also their offense isn't too shabby, with Delhomme being a fierce leader, and then you add possesion receiver Keyshawn Johnson to Steve Smith's speed, and Deangelo Williams to back up Deshaun Foster (and maybe even take his place). John Fox is an excellent coach to boot. They could be a very scary team for the next few years, and almost beat us in SB XXXVIII. I would hope that IF we make it to the SB, that means we are still a dynasty, and though it will be another close game, I think we always win close playoff games (in our dynasty years).

Brownfan80 said:
I can only imagine what Steelers fans think about it. Oh my!
We don't really care who picks what. None of it is relevant. I'm amazed how much time Pats fans, generally speaking, waste complaining or praising, depending on whether the Pats were described favorably, sportswriters' prognostications. The 'no respect' thing has made Pats fans a laughingstock. Seriously. Half this board, and even other Patriots boards, is filled with threads about how some guy with a computer didn't pick the Patriots to win every single game by at least 40 points. Then the judgement is summarily that noe of these guys know a football from a potato. Given that, why even bother.
I know it's the offseason and all but some of you guys need to give it a rest.
A lot of these journalist picked the Pats last year. Some didn't. There was praise for the former and ridicule for the latter. Here's a towel to wipe the egg off your face. Not a Terrible Towel, but a towel nonetheless.

This would be a very interesting rematch.The Panthers are a team that I really respects.How ever I will still pick the Pats to come out on top.I really don't see Carolina coming out of the NFC next year.Mark my words.''The Eagles will be a very dangerous team on a mission next year''.

Every year people tout their defense and improved offense what they fail o speak to is the fact there staring QB is Jake Delhomme..LOLOLOLOLOL.

Hes way to streakt IMO to be taken seriously, while they commit to the run and I respect it they really dont run that well. There offense is throw it up for grabs to Steve Smith..its junk.

Richter said:
I swear, the Panthers are the NFC version of the Colts.

Actually, I think the Panthers are the NFC version of the Patriots.

Organizationally, they value many of the same traits that we do.

Delhomme is a moxy QB who's built a rather impressive resume of postseason performances, last season notwithstanding.

I like the Panthers. Best case scenerio would be for them to always lose to us and then to beat the Colts in the one year when Manning does manage to break through.

2006: Patriots over Cowboys
2007: Patriots over Panthers
2008: Panthers over Colts
2009: Patriots over Panthers

That's how I'd like to see this decade end.

PYPER said:
Actually, I think the Panthers are the NFC version of the Patriots.

Organizationally, they value many of the same traits that we do.

Delhomme is a moxy QB who's built a rather impressive resume of postseason performances, last season notwithstanding.

I like the Panthers. Best case scenerio would be for them to always lose to us and then to beat the Colts in the one year when Manning does manage to break through.

2006: Patriots over Cowboys
2007: Patriots over Panthers
2008: Panthers over Colts
2009: Patriots over Panthers

That's how I'd like to see this decade end.
I couldn't agree with you more.I would just replace the Colts with the Chiefs in your 2008 Superbowl.I really would love for my big cousin LJ to get a ring 1 of these years.Man I wish he played for the Pats.

Last edited:
I"ll tell you right now that if the Pats play Carolina, they won't lose. Carolina is this year's "Johnny come lately" team. I"m sure Carolina fans are giddy at the prospect of playing in that game, but if anyone is happy about playing the Patriots in the playoffs, they are crazy. I think Dallas and Seattle are better than Carolina and I think Atlanta may win that division anyhow.

Im sure the national perception is the Pats are slipping. I guess almost hosting the AFC title game at home last year after being deciimated by injuries gives people a short memory. When Carolina lost SB39, they came back the next year with all those injuiries and missed the playoffs. The Pats have all their injuries, still win the division, and almost go back to the Super Bowl. I think Patriots haters are in for a miserable year again this year.

There is a long, lng season ahead of us, which can't come fast enough.

But, I'm going out on a big limb here. I predict that the Patriots will beat Buffalo in the first game of the season.:rocker:

There you have it. It took all the courage that I could muster to make that bold prediction. I'm waiting for the call from ESPN now.

Yep, pre preseason predicitions are so interesting, glad to see Pat fans pick and choose the predictions they believe, especially when they favor the Pats....go figure.

ClosingTime said:
I'm amazed how much time Pats fans, generally speaking, waste complaining or praising, depending on whether the Pats were described favorably, sportswriters' prognostications. The 'no respect' thing has made Pats fans a laughingstock. Seriously. Half this board, and even other Patriots boards, is filled with threads about how some guy with a computer didn't pick the Patriots to win every single game by at least 40 points. Then the judgement is summarily that noe of these guys know a football from a potato. Given that, why even bother.
I know it's the offseason and all but some of you guys need to give it a rest.
A lot of these journalist picked the Pats last year. Some didn't. There was praise for the former and ridicule for the latter. Here's a towel to wipe the egg off your face. Not a Terrible Towel, but a towel nonetheless.

Spot on. For me predictions are meant in the spirit of fun, not to be taken seriously.

As for the Panthers, I respect their team...and think they have some top notch fans.

feelthepain said:
Yep, pre preseason predicitions are so interesting, glad to see Pat fans pick and choose the predictions they believe, especially when they favor the Pats....go figure.
what do you expect???
What was the point of this, to expose everyone on here as pats fans that have faith in the team???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back