PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN Page2 Analysis on NBA actions, comparing with NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCPatsFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
One of my friends sent me this piece that is on page2 of disney's website. Nice anlaysis on NBA's ongoing reactions to its recent controversy, with some keen insight comparing it with NFL's reactions on cameragate.

I liked these lines ".....Spygate, which exposed that cheating in the NFL is acceptable as long as it isn't advanced by technology"

and then

"Spygate went from being a league issue to a congressional cause because Goodell acted hastily, doling out a punishment to the Patriots before he even viewed the evidence."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hill/080611

This is why some people are willing to entertain Donaghy's wild accusations rather than accepting Stern's firm denials. A referee who was once suspended indefinitely because of a personal beef with Tim Duncan, who had to resign from the NBA because he pled guilty to falsely stating his income, is back in the league and officiating on the NBA's biggest stage.

count me as one 'semi-abdicated former-fan' who not only "entertain" the accusations but WHOLEHEARTEDLY believes them.

There is a reason I don't watch an NBA playoff series until game 6 or sometimes game 7. Cause you always know there will be one. Unless a team just flat out sucks; they will not lose in the nba playoffs until game 6; the refs are going to give HC advantage at least if not blatantly call the game to keep the underperforming team in it.
I just don't think it is so much about personalities (cuban vs stern etc) as the author allludes to.

It is all about REVENUE. they lose way to many advertising opportunities in a short series. So they will pressure the refs to ensure that the Lakers win at least one of the next two games to ensure that this series goes to 6 games. You can take that to the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back