PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN Ombudsman to investigate ESPN's coverage of Spygate [June Update]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course they are going to investigate it, it's the only way they can keep the story going and regurgitate their factless news, it's not about competition and sport it's about body wash ads and espn the magazine, pity.

Interesting that while I'm listening to espn radio just moments ago, I hear a pre-commercial tease about "east coast bias" in regards to espn and baseball. I stay tuned to listen. Apparently somebody wrote in and called out espn in regards to their criteria for baseball games that they would broadcast on tv, catching them in a lie. The broadcaster, Freddie Coleman, made no attempt to refute the accusation. I'm paraphrasing, but the host syas "Hey, espn is a business. We're in business to make money. Those teams (Reds Sox, Yankees, Mets) generate higher ratings, which means more money. That's just the way it is." He left that with a figurative shrug, making no apolgies for other teams that don't get on tv or talked about, and signed off and said good night.

Those may not be the absolute exact words, but they were close and the message was very clear - especially for an espn broadcaster to come out and say it publicly.

Profits are not only everything, they are the only thing that matters at espn.

Last edited:
Re: ESPN Ombudsman to investigate ESPN's coverage of Spygate

Don't hold your breath.

An "ombudsman" is a fancy word for the lipstick a media outlet puts on its own pig. When they screw up, they assign the ombudsman to write a little me culpa wrist slap that is buried with the buy here/pay here furntiture store ads on page 89 and seen by nobody.

By putting lipstick on their pigs in this fashion, they can claim with a straight face to have "integrity".

hwc is exactly right. The ombudsman (or "the people's editor", as the NYT calls it), is a complete joke, meant to give the appearance of a set of checks and balances when in reality it is just cover for their bias ...

The retractions and corrections are never put on the same page as the original error .... always buried in the back .... because if that were the case you might realize how pathetically unethical and incompetent mainstream media is...

R

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back