PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN NY: Holmes, Jets ready for takeoff vs. Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. I sure hope our guys step up.

Will we be aggressive like with Rapistburger, or give Sanchez time to make mistakes?

Their passing game somehow worries me more than their running game.

Damn I hope we win.

Will we be aggressive like with Rapistburger, or give Sanchez time to make mistakes?

Damn I hope we win.
I agree. I hope we play more man, and don't give up the short pass.

I'm going to be VERY interested in seeing how Cotchery's groin injury has healed. That wasn't any small affair when he injured it, and we ought to be testing him early and often.

This is easily the best and juiciest article I read all week. You could practically hear Cimini chuckling as he set the Jets up.

Bulletin board material. Let's see if McCourty and Chung have some gonads after reading that.

I hope Holmes gets McCourty most of the time Monday night. He's probably ****y enough to request it.

I can't wait for this game, hope the Pats win.
Shut those Jets up.

I just really want this to be one game all year where our secondary has a ridiculously good game just because of all the disrespect they have been given (not saying they don't deserve it the stats are there for a reason). But i just would love another 4 int game or ff on holmes or keep holmes and edwards to 2 catches between them... something like that would make my xmas

the more sucess our offense has the more it puts pressure on them to open up. their defense really allows them to be patient with their offense so its important to play from ahead.

Holmes seems to have forgotten about Meriweather, Chung, and Sanders.. who all play quite a bit and all have the capability of laying the wood.

Holmes seems to have forgotten about Meriweather, Chung, and Sanders.. who all play quite a bit and all have the capability of laying the wood.

This is my exact thoughts, he forgot about Chung, he flys all over the place. I cant wait to beat this team and shut them up.

Would someone please tell Holmes Devin McCourty is not Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie?

Nah, forget it, he'll know soon enough. :D

I loved the last lines of the ESPN article:

=======
And they will face Belichick's embattled Kiddie Corps in the secondary.

"Our job is to go out and exploit those guys, physically," Holmes said. "I'm here now and my job is to get the job done. And I plan on getting the job done Monday night."

========

Man, I hope every single defensive player has this taped!

Can't wait for Monday!!

I think this is great. That's good. I hope Holmes continues to speak out. The idiot doesn't understand he's not throwing the ball, Sanchez is. Sanchez is the one who will have to exploit the backfield, not him.

So the more he speaks out and criticize the Pats backfield, the more pressure he puts on Sanchez.

Damn I hope we win.

It isn't a matter of being aggressive. Pittsburgh has a crappy OL and Big Ben holds onto the ball forever, so it's easier to get pressure. The Jets have arguably the best OL in the League and their passing game is predicated on mostly short throws.

If we don't get as much pressure on Sanchez as we did on Roethlisberger it won't be because we chose to do so. It'll more likely mean we just couldn't get there.

I loved the last lines of the ESPN article:

=======
And they will face Belichick's embattled Kiddie Corps in the secondary.

"Our job is to go out and exploit those guys, physically," Holmes said. "I'm here now and my job is to get the job done. And I plan on getting the job done Monday night."

========

Man, I hope every single defensive player has this taped!

Can't wait for Monday!!

last time i checked, points are not scored in media sessions, but on the football field. but no worries. keep delivering fodder for the patriots bulletin board, mr. holmes. the new york mediots, rex, and yourself are doing a wonderful job in that regard.

last time i checked, points are not scored in media sessions, but on the football field. but no worries. keep delivering fodder for the patriots bulletin board, mr. holmes. the new york mediots, rex, and yourself are doing a wonderful job in that regard.

If you need bulletin board material to get fired up for a game like this then you don't belong a football field. Both teams are 9-2 playing for the division title and your not ready to go unless someone on the other team calls you out? Come on man!

I said 30th? because I wasn't sure off the top of my head what the Patriots were ranked. I think they're somewhere around there though. To answer, no.. it was not a question. I just checked NFL.com and the Patriots are ranked 32nd (last) in pass defense following the Texans Eagles game.

okay, its just usually when a question mark is entered in a sentence, its thought of as a question being asked, but you entered it in the middle of the last sentence, my fault. :D

our defense will hold, your offense hasnt been scoring that well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back