PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN NY: Brady Overrated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic analysis. Take out Brady's good games, focus on his bad games. Boom!!! Brady is overrated!!!

Brilliant, bloody brilliant. I smell a pulitzer...

sarc/

Brady is one of those quarterbacks who need decent (not great) protection. In the last few Pats playoff losses, the Patriots went into the loss with a scrub on the OL, usually at RG, and usually against an elite pass rushing team. Throw in losing Welker in one of the games and foot injury in another, and the difference in stats starts to make sense.

BB addressed the OL depth issue. If Vollmer is healthy, NE has 5 elite starters and starter quailty talent backing up every position on the OL. Most of the linemen are versatile and can play multiple positions. On Sunday, Brady should be well protected.

Brady is one of those quarterbacks who need decent (not great) protection. In the last few Pats playoff losses, the Patriots went into the loss with a scrub on the OL, usually at RG, and usually against an elite pass rushing team. Throw in losing Welker in one of the games and foot injury in another, and the difference in stats starts to make sense.

BB addressed the OL depth issue. If Vollmer is healthy, NE has 5 elite starters and starter quailty talent backing up every position on the OL. Most of the linemen are versatile and can play multiple positions. On Sunday, Brady should be well protected.

Yeah, Brady is among the select few quarterbacks who need at least average protection to produce at an NFL level. Jesus...

The article says:
2006 championship game at Indianapolis: With less than a minute to play, Brady -- down four points -- was intercepted by the Colts' Marlin Jackson.

If it weren't for McCree's blunder and last week's double-blunder in the final seconds by Lee Evans and Billy Cundiff, Brady would be 4-7 over the last 11 postseason games, not 6-5.

Well, what's Eli's record in the playoffs since 2006 if it weren't for the never-to-be-duplicated, once-in-a-lifetime helmet catch and last week's double blunder by SF's backup punt returner?

Last time that I heard Brady was overrated was the Rams sideline in '01. How'd that work out for them. I'll take Brady over any other QB, any day, including Peyton Manning! Overrated my arse!

I know a lot of you don't want to hear this but...The TD to INT ratio is correct, those are the facts, they aren't making it up. I looked them up the other day it is what it is. Starting in playoff game against the Broncos in 06, first 2 INT game and first loss.

First 10 games 11 TD's 3 int's, from the 11th game to this years Baltimore game.... 24 TD 16 INT's I hate the NY media, but they aren't pulling those figures out of they're collective arses

Yes, but they use that type of 24/16 ratio (in the regular season) to laud Eli Manning as an elite quarterback, then point at the same figure (in 11 postseason games) to call Brady mediocre! When his regular season numbers during some of those seasons were three or four of the greatest statistical seasons by a quarterback in NFL history.

The NY media is a joke.

The chip on Brady's shoulder is going to be the size of a small planet come Sunday. Can't wait.

Yeah, Brady is among the select few quarterbacks who need at least average protection to produce at an NFL level. Jesus...

Brady is the best QB of his generation and is in the discusssion of best of all time.... but he's not perfect. It takes a QB who can run and throw well on the run to play well without decent protection. There are few good pocket passers that can do that. There isn't a QB mobile or otherwise that I'd pick over Brady right now.

Hehe this is just want I wanted to hear. Mr. BB, time to release the Kraken!

A little too dismissive about his performances in 2007, but otherwise correct. He's too hot/cold of a QB to be considered top tier. Luckily for us he's pretty due for a mediocre/bad performance, and hopefully he delivers.

I don't know what games you guys are watching, but Eli Manning is a hell of a QB. He's no Tom Brady, but who is?

The article says:
If it weren't for McCree's blunder and last week's double-blunder in the final seconds by Lee Evans and Billy Cundiff, Brady would be 4-7 over the last 11 postseason games, not 6-5.

Cundif only would have tied it. Is he assuming an overtime win?

I pray that Brady and the t$$edeam are seeing all the stuff. This team ought to be good and pi$$ed. Let's face it, Brady can shut everybody up once and for all.

awake a sleeping giant... we dont need to say anything, the 3 rings we have make the most noise

I pray that Brady and the t$$edeam are seeing all the stuff. This team ought to be good and pi$$ed. Let's face it, Brady can shut everybody up once and for all.

If Brady is spending even a second of his time paying attention to this dog****
we might be in trouble.

So conversely, i pray that he doesn't hear nor care about a word of it.

I don't know how that's relevant to the point I made. Joe Montana is widely considered the best playoff quarterback of all time, I was merely pointing out that even he had his stinkers. When you play in over 20 postseason games, you are bound to play poorly on some occasions.

That's right. Know why? There are 52 other football players who play too.

Apparently it's not plagiarism as long as the writers involved work for the same organization. First Cimini takes Walker's column and rewrites it as his own, now Clayton takes those two columns and does the same thing. Of course this is an outfit who describes information first reported by competitors as 'espn has learned' or 'sources say', so why am I not surprised.

Super Bowl 2012 - How vulnerable is Tom Brady to pass rush? - BSPN

Yet since the Patriots' loss to the Giants in Super Bowl XLII and his recovery from a knee reconstruction the next season, Brady no longer seems invincible. Opponents with the ability to rush the quarterback believe they can get to him both physically and mentally.

The only original thought that Clayton has is that supposedly other teams saw the preseason game between the Pats and Lions and that was some sort of epiphany as to how they should game plan to defend against Brady and the Patriots.

The concept that appeared to work best was using enough man coverage on the pass-catcher to disrupt timing and separation and then augment that with getting defenders around Brady's feet.

Wow, what insight! Who would have ever figured that if you don't give the opposing quarterback room to throw, he won't be as productive!

Re: Tom Brady not as great as advertised

meanwhile, in most seasons in his career, manning can't even win a playoff game.

just the talking heads looking for material this week. i fully expect a mind boggeling story to hit sunday at 4 pm about how brady got someone pregnant 5 years ago to set everyone off.

Yeah, he ain't that great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes