PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN NFL Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

kptmorgan04

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
ALL PICKED DENVER!!!!

cant wait till tomorrow to laugh in their faces!

i was hoping one would pick the pats or all of them, its bad luck to have them all pick you :(

kptmorgan04 said:
ALL PICKED DENVER!!!!

Do you have a direct link? Or was it just on TV? Someone posted in the Pats Usenet group last night
"Re: ESPN Expert Picks.. so far 4 of 6 pick the Pats, and 2 of those (Hoge and Theisman, both 4-0 last week) pick the Steelers also."

I might add Theisman picked Denver in week 6. So it would be interesting if he picked NE today.

Last edited:
kptmorgan04 said:
ALL PICKED DENVER!!!!

Well, Lets see, Tom Jackson played 14 years for the Broncos and hates the Patriots. Michael Irvin is on drugs. Steve Young has had one too many concussions. Berman picked the Pats, even though he didn't have an official pick on the show. If you notice at the very end of the show when the asked him he said, "I picked New England and Seattle for the Superbowl at the beginning of the year, what do u think"

Michael said:
Do you have a direct link? Or was it just on TV? Someone posted in the Pats Usenet group last night
"Re: ESPN Expert Picks.. so far 4 of 6 pick the Pats, and 2 of those (Hoge and Theisman, both 4-0 last week) pick the Steelers also."

I might add Theisman picked Denver in week 6. So it would be interesting if he picked NE today.

Thsi was on NFL Countdown (TV)

I saw it too. With the exception of Young, I think most of us already knew whom each of them would pick beforehand.

I dont care who they pick.

I just find it funny that all the guys who say "I'll never pick against the PAtriots til someone beats them". and almost everyone of them have said it, go ahead and pick against the Patriots.

Being stupid as part of a group is more comfortable than doing it alone.

The part that made me roll my eyes when when Tommy Jackson suddenly burst out something about "I can't believe we still don't know if Tedy Bruschi is going to play. Aren't the Patriots supposed to play within the rules ?". That's paraphrased, but the point is accurate.

Hey Tom - why don't you call Belichick and ask him Bruschi's status ? :D :rofl:

BelichickFan said:
The part that made me roll my eyes when when Tommy Jackson suddenly burst out something about "I can't believe we still don't know if Tedy Bruschi is going to play. Aren't the Patriots supposed to play within the rules ?". That's paraphrased, but the point is accurate.

Hey Tom - why don't you call Belichick and ask him Bruschi's status ? :D :rofl:

I smell another "F-You" coming TJ's way in Detroit postgame in a few weeks!

shmessy said:
Nah, Jackson wouldn't have the balls to approach him - I bet he didn't after the last SB (it's hard to believe we've won another SB since the Jackson incident after beating Carolina).

shmessy said:

HA!! I was thinking the same thing!! BB would not have been on with ESPN at all after the Carolina win if not for Berman.......

shmessy said:
can someone refresh me exactly what happend with TJ and BB... I remember something went down, but forget specifics.

kptmorgan04 said:
can someone refresh me exactly what happend with TJ and BB... I remember something went down, but forget specifics.

"They hate their coach."

Does that spark up the memories? :D

kptmorgan04 said:

After the opening game debacle in Buffalo in 2003 (31-0) the week after letting go Milloy, TJ goes on ESPN Countdown hours before the Philly game (a 4:00 start, therefore BB and some of the Pats still in their hotel at 11:00 watching snippets) and TJ says (looking right into the camera) 'Let me be clear about this, the Patriot players HATE their coach' (or something very close to that).

Ironic also, because I believe BB was the LB coach in Denver 1978 and coached TJ that year.

BB will probably take that one to the grave - he was livid according to Holley's book.

Last edited:
kptmorgan04 said:
ALL PICKED DENVER!!!!

Yes, they did all pick Denver. Now, why do you suppose they would do that?

Could it be that they know that Denver is a SUPERIOR TEAM? Could it be that they know that the Patriots are in for a WORLD CLASS BUTT KICKING? Could it be that the Pats so-called "dynasty" is about to come to an end?

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Adios Capitano!

shmessy said:
After the opening game debacle in Buffalo in 2003 (31-0) the week after letting go Milloy, TJ goes on ESPN Countdown hours before the Philly game (a 4:00 start, therefore BB and some of the Pats still in their hotel at 11:00 watching snippets) and TJ says (looking right into the camera) 'Let me be clear about this, the Patriot players HATE their coach' (or something very close to that).

Ironic also, because I believe BB was the LB coach in Denver 1978 and coached TJ that year.

BB will probably take that one to the grave - he was livid according to Holley's book.

BB was also ticked off because Jackson had not spoken to ANYONE in the Patriots lockerroom.

When the Patriots won the SB, Jackson went up to BB to ask him to do a live interview on the ESPN postgame. BB said "F You" and walked away. Several other people asked him to be on the show and BB kept refusing. Finally Chris Berman asked him to do it and BB agreed because of his friendship with Berman. Jackson left and went back to his hotel. Jackson was never warm and fuzzy toward BB, but this has gotten worse since that incident.

I love it!! Go Bill!

The wierd part of the whole thing is that BB coached at Denver when Jackson played there. Jackson should have known better.

Well

You gotta love Berman. No matter what happens he always sticks with his pics. ( he picked the pats-eagles last year before the season----so let's hope he is right again this year) This is refreshing to see becuase all the other talking heads (for the most part) will switch their story depending on what show they are on.

PATSNUTme said:
The wierd part of the whole thing is that BB coached at Denver when Jackson played there. Jackson should have known better.

It makes me think Jackson was not very fond of our boy genius then......but carrying on a grudge since 1978 is just stupid! If I were to wager a guess I would think that Jackson did not think that a kid his own age who had never played a down of professional football could have taught him anything........just as ignorant then as he is now!

Merrill Hoge picked Denver? That's interesting because on the ESPN website, he had picked the Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back