PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN: NFL 2008 predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to meet you folks. This is my first post here as you can see. I have to say that this is much different from my usual home, PatriotsPlanet.

What really pisses me off about this article, is that if you actually do the math, 5 Espn analysts voted for the Cowboys, true. Another 5 Espn analysts also voted for the Chargers. Why does the headline read: "Cowboys expected to win Super Bowl" or some other garbage like that? Are they clearly voted to win when another team had just as many votes?

ESPN is silly.

They have strong running game? The had a strong running game the first half the season last year and a mediocre on the second half the season. If Addai performs this year like he did the second half of last year, the Colts' running game will be below average at best.

I don't think the Pats have ever had an injury problem like the Colts have right now except for maybe 2005. And the Pats were 10-6 that year. So it is in-line with my prediction for them.

well if our performance in the 2nd hallf last yr where we didnt improve as team and didnt play our best football last season is the same as this season then we could also not be sucessful in the end. so ifs and buts can happen a lot.
Our offensive line is also as questionable right now with so much rotation and turnover going on but i believe they will be fine as will the colts with their new set of players.
look , iam a pats fan an no way hope the colts win the division but i also think as much as i hate polian they are well run and now a more secretive organization so they will have some plan in place for those losses on the offensive line and also must have thought through manning's recovery. sure if he suffers a setback in the coming week or during some game all bets are off but i still believe they will win their division. just my own perspective

Last edited:
Actually I would not sleep on the Bills or Jets.

But, the Jags and Titans just are not very balanced on offense (WR improvements hello?) and the pass rush for the Jags will still be lackluster in my opinion. Titans have the defense and the head coach to give the Colts fits but Vince Young is horrible no matter how you slice it.

I would watch out for the Texans if they can get through those first 5 games they have.

May I point out that the Jaguars finished 6th overall in offense last season. I'm not saying our passing game is something to be feared, but it can be respectable, especially with stability now at the QB position. Even in the divisional game, the Jaguars managed to put together some long drives, the majority of plays passes, as BB was flat out determined not to let the Jags run the ball.

Mike and Mike in the morning both predicted 12-4 this season.

Pats are most likely to go 13-3

Great chance they go 14-2

The chance of going 12-4 is equal to the odds they go 16-0

Re: ESPN:NFL 2008 predictions

If I remember this correctly, the espn ANALysts didn't like this pick on draft day. Said it was too early, and would have been a better pick around 17-20.

And now those same guys pick him for DROY... competency is something lacking in Bristol.

Great point. It felt like this draft was a Patriot's draft that was the most bashed in some time. Isn't it interesting that it's also a draft that looks very good early, based on the preseason. Mayo, Crable, O'Connell, and Slater all impressed, as did Wheatley.

When I hear some ESPNers bash something regarding the Patriots, I almost take comfort in that, because they are wrong so often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes