PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN: Moss and Welker ranked in top 64 NFL WRs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NFL's Top 64 WRs - Moss and Welker ranked...

1) I don't think Welker caught a whole lot of screens this year
2) Didn't he lead the AFC (second in the NFL behind Westbrook) in YAC?

You seriously undervalue what he did this year.

Im not sure if his YAC was that high but if it is would that not mean that he caught a lot of screens? How could his YAC be so high and his YPC be so low. I love Welker as a player, he is top 15 just outsie of top 10 IMO which is not really a slap in his face

Last edited:

Yea, I know. You're coment was "Am I the only one who feels the Welker catch stat is very overrated?" - I disagreed and gave IMO support to my claim.

So I agree with you on a few things, my comment had nothing to do with YPC - and I did not intend to to be about YPC - Welker is better than 23 and Reggie bush is pathetic.

Ok, we agree to disagree. We both agree tho that Welker should be much higher then 23. I think 13/14 is my rank of him.

i think welker should be ranked higher...

as a number one roy williams isnt very good...

boldin is only OK

jennings i would put ahead of welker

i have no idea why driver, holmes, ward would be ahead of welker...

and welker is defenetely better then TJ

Damn pass that ish over here..... cuz you must be smokin somethin if you think Welker is "definitely" better then TJ.

2007 - 112 Rec 1143 yds 12 Td's
2006 - 90 Rec 1080 yds 9 td's (only 14 games)

TJ can be a legit #1 & many bengals fans have said for more than a year TJ > Ocho

Randy Moss?!?! How can you seriously put someone who only plays when he wants to on the top of this list?!?! Someone who walks off the field before the game is over because they are losing the games (Vikes vs Skins a few years ago) ... hmmm wait a minute ... didn't his current coach just do that in the super bowl?!?! ... oops wrong subject .... bottom line, ESPN should look past their obvious Patriot bias and consider the charactor of the player in their rankings, so that someone who only plays PART TIME does not make #1 on this sort of list!!! -a comment from the site with the top 64

I must be watching a different espn.

Last edited:
Randy Moss?!?! How can you seriously put someone who only plays when he wants to on the top of this list?!?! Someone who walks off the field before the game is over because they are losing the games (Vikes vs Skins a few years ago) ... hmmm wait a minute ... didn't his current coach just do that in the super bowl?!?! ... oops wrong subject .... bottom line, ESPN should look past their obvious Patriot bias and consider the charactor of the player in their rankings, so that someone who only plays PART TIME does not make #1 on this sort of list!!!

I dunno, breaking the TD record for a receiver in a season tends to be looked upon by many unbias people as quite impressive

I think Welker belongs somewhere between 15-22 among the NFL's best receivers. Keep in mind that this is first season of big production in the NFL, and I think his ranking is fair.

I did find it funny that the writer of the article claims Moss doesn't run sub 4.3 anymore, but does run sub 4.5. I would put any amount of money on the fact that a Moss forty would be under 4.40. He probably doesn't run sub 4.3 anymore, but I think he's lost more quickness than pure speed since his early days.

I think Welker belongs somewhere between 15-22 among the NFL's best receivers. Keep in mind that this is first season of big production in the NFL, and I think his ranking is fair.

I did find it funny that the writer of the article claims Moss doesn't run sub 4.3 anymore, but does run sub 4.5. I would put any amount of money on the fact that a Moss forty would be under 4.40. He probably doesn't run sub 4.3 anymore, but I think he's lost more quickness than pure speed since his early days.

Yeah...the sub 4.5 comment got me too. Its fairly obvious if you watch him beat DBs and easily creating distance that he would still have to be in the 4.3-4.4 range, probably closer to 4.3. I dont think Moss has lost much of his top speed, but he's lost a little off that quick burst explosiveness. When he first came into the league he would take a 5 yard slant to the house and it was like a video game, i mean the opposing DBs and safeties would literally look like they were standing still.

Damn pass that ish over here..... cuz you must be smokin somethin if you think Welker is "definitely" better then TJ.

2007 - 112 Rec 1143 yds 12 Td's
2006 - 90 Rec 1080 yds 9 td's (only 14 games)

TJ can be a legit #1 & many bengals fans have said for more than a year TJ > Ocho

plz, his situation is the same as with welker, he gets the weaker defenders and a scheme designed for someone else....and he gets the same numbers welker does

and he has been with his QB for a lot longer, and he gets more looks

i would take welker over TJ any day of the week, and twice on sundays

Randy Moss?!?! How can you seriously put someone who only plays when he wants to on the top of this list?!?! Someone who walks off the field before the game is over because they are losing the games (Vikes vs Skins a few years ago) ... hmmm wait a minute ... didn't his current coach just do that in the super bowl?!?! ... oops wrong subject .... bottom line, ESPN should look past their obvious Patriot bias and consider the charactor of the player in their rankings, so that someone who only plays PART TIME does not make #1 on this sort of list!!! -a comment from the site with the top 64

A) If I remember correctly, that "I play when I wanna play" comment is one of the most incorrectly attributed in the history of sports. Wasn't it Moss' response when someone asked if Carter had to motivate him to play or something? Many players have said much worse than that. And after watching Moss play this year...going up in traffic, making ridiculous grabs whilst getting mugged, blocking his ass off...

B) Your character criteria is dumb. I gues Lawrence Taylor isn't the greatest LB of all-time, since he's an ass****. Same for Jim Brown.

Last edited:

plz, his situation is the same as with welker, he gets the weaker defenders and a scheme designed for someone else....and he gets the same numbers welker does

and he has been with his QB for a lot longer, and he gets more looks

i would take welker over TJ any day of the week, and twice on sundays

First of all Theres a debate that TJ > Ocho theres no debate that Welker > Moss. So your whole argument bout them seeing the same weak ass defenses because they are lined up next to All pros is wrong wrong wrong.

Secondly you really honest to god believe TJ gets thrown to more than Welker did this past season?? Seriously??

What does bein with the QB longer has to do with anything?? Brady > Palmer. Switch Welker wit TJ you dont think TJ increases his production even more?? You think Defenses play Moss the same way they play Ocho???

Lets not even mention the fact TJ is a Legit #1 & can run many different routes. While Welker is a slot WR like I said pass that good ish this way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back