12. Cleveland Browns (6-10): Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College
13. Baltimore Ravens (6-10): DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis
14. Philadelphia Eagles (6-10): +Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio State
15. Atlanta Falcons (8-8): Chad Greenway, OLB, Iowa
16. Miami Dolphins (9-7): Michael Huff, DB, Texas
17. Minnesota Vikings (9-7): +Laurence Maroney, RB, Minnesota
18. Dallas Cowboys (9-7): Derek Hagan, WR, Arizona State
19. San Diego Chargers (9-7): Marcus McNeill, OT, Auburn
20. Kansas City Chiefs (10-6): Orien Harris, DT, Miami-Fla.
21. *-New England Patriots (10-6): Paul Posluszny, OLB, Penn State
22. *-Denver Broncos (10-6): Tamba Hali, DE, Penn State
Pick acquired from Washington Redskins
23. *-Carolina Panthers (11-5): Claude Wroten, DT, LSU
24. *-Tampa Bay Buccaneers (11-5): +Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson
25. *-Chicago Bears (11-5): Marcedes Lewis, TE, UCLA
26. *-Cincinnati Bengals (11-5): Brodrick Bunkley, DT, Florida State
27. *-New York Giants (11-5): Sinorice Moss, WR, Miami-Fla.
28. *-Pittsburgh Steelers (11-5): +LenDale White, RB, USC
29. *-Jacksonville Jaguars (12-4): Elvis Dumervil, DE, Louisville
30. *-Seattle Seahawks (13-3): Thomas Howard, OLB, UTEP
31. *-Denver Broncos (13-3): +Leonard Pope, TE, Georgia
32. *-Indianapolis Colts (14-2): Eric Winston, OT, Miami-Fla.

I would wet myself if we got Posluszny. :D (However, we all know we'll be picking in the #32 slot)

I would love this to be the year the Patriots draft a late first round running back. If Lendale White comes out and is available I would jump all over him. I think he is the perfect Patriots type running back.

Than being said linebacker and db are probably the most needy positions.

21. *-New England Patriots (10-6): Paul Posluszny, OLB, Penn State

Probably not going to happen. He has a torn ACL and most likely be redshirted next year, and play for PSU in 07.

If LenDale white is there we need and should take him. Plus, I can't remember the last time we Drafted a LB.

When did Paul Posluszny tear his ACL, I thought he played in the Fiesta Bowl against Fla St. ?

Did he get hurt in that game ?

Yes, I would be equally excited over LenDale White. Big time.

mcdonut16 said:
When did Paul Posluszny tear his ACL, I thought he played in the Fiesta Bowl against Fla St. ?

Did he get hurt in that game ?

late 3rd quarter, had an MRI yesterday but it doesn't look good.

PatsFanInEaglesLand said:
Plus, I can't remember the last time we Drafted a LB.

Ryan Claridge, last year.

Reggie Bush will be nothing more than a third down back in the NFL.

Last edited:
Willie55 said:

No, he'll be a good kick returner too.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Yes, I would be equally excited over LenDale White. Big time.

My thoughts exactly when I saw him down the bottom of that round.

Willie55 said:

Every pro scout & I would have to disagree. No offense, but you sound like the kind of football fan who occassionally catches a college game along with a few highlights on ESPN.

There is a reason Bush is the most highly regarded RB prospect in years, and its not bc he is a 3rd down back.

He is plenty big to be an every down back in the NFL.

Like others though, I'd love for us to snag his teammate LenDale if he comes out. Depending on workouts and where the Pats pick, this could be entirely possible.

Willie55 said:

I don't know. He seems like a Marshall Faulk kind of player. Triple threat of running, receiver, and kick returner. Could turn a field position type game around on one play. I don't know if he is worth the overall pick in the draft, though.

If Len-Dale White is on the board when we pick, we have to take him.

We can go after the LB's and DB's in the other rounds.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
4. New York Jets (4-12): +Vince Young, QB, Texas
9. Detroit Lions (5-11): Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt

Other then the Pat's pick at 32 these two picks are the two I'm most interested to see the actual results. My questions about them are:

Will the Jets really waste another high draftpick on another QB whose passing skills while impressive in college will not translate to the NFL game?

I find the Detriot pick interesting after reading Greg Easterbrook's take on what Matt Millen might do: Will he pick another WR in the first round for the fourth year in a row? And how big will the rioting in Detriot get? Don't wast time trying to defend Millen by saying he couldn't be that stupid or that the Ford's wont let him make that mistake.

Other than that I don't think that this years draft will be verry entertaining there isn't a lot of jocking for possition like in previous years draft. Plus, the Patriots don't real desperate need to fill in the draft.

I agree with tomboneau - Reggie Bush is RIDICULOUSLY "for real." A 3rd down back? Please.

As for the Titans sitting at #3, staring a stud QB (Vince Young) and passing on him - I don't think so, ESPN "experts."

patsox23 said:
I agree with tomboneau - Reggie Bush is RIDICULOUSLY "for real." A 3rd down back? Please.

As for the Titans sitting at #3, staring a stud QB (Vince Young) and passing on him - I don't think so, ESPN "experts."

Bush will suffer the same fate as guys like Desmond Howard and Raghib Ismail. It's great in college when you have world-class speed. Guess what? In the Pros, you aren't going to run away from an entire defense. The LBs are as fast as you are.

Bush will be a good player, like Brian Westbrook. I wouldn't touch him in the top 10 picks, though.

patsox23 said:

I think that Tenn may look to swap picks with NO and take Lienart (remember Chowis the OC at Tenn now), with NO then gettting Young to replace Brooks.

tombonneau said:
Every pro scout & I would have to disagree. No offense, but you sound like the kind of football fan who occassionally catches a college game along with a few highlights on ESPN.

There is a reason Bush is the most highly regarded RB prospect in years, and its not bc he is a 3rd down back.

He is plenty big to be an every down back in the NFL.

Like others though, I'd love for us to snag his teammate LenDale if he comes out. Depending on workouts and where the Pats pick, this could be entirely possible.

He doesn't break tackles. Most of those yards he got, I think somebody posted it was 19 touches 170 yards, was because of blocking by teammates or just being so wide open on pass plays that he could run free until somebody caught him.

In the first quarter he tried to get tough with one of the Longhorns defensive backs by forearming him to the face. The DB didn't back down and IMO Bush got intimitated. The rest of the night he ended running out of bounds any chance that he could.

And yes I too would like Lendale.

If the Patriots drafted LenDale White, their running problems would be solved. It has been proven time and agian that speed isn't a necessity in the running game and LenDale isn't overly fast but as an overall running back he can catch, and has the body to block for the QB on top of being able to smash linemen and backers in the mouth as he runs.

I've heard Posluzny has a PCL, not as bad as an ACL, so I expect to see him playing for PSU next season.

Poz, in my estimation, is like another Shane Conlan.

If the Jets get Vince Young they will have to trade up to get him. There is no way he lasts to #4...he will go #2 at worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes