PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN: Manning vs Brady. Experts pick Manning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee no different then Pats fans acting like Ton Brady is the only reason they won their SB's. Glad to see you realize winning the SB isn't the result of one player. Also you'll notice the experts would take Manning over Brady, even though Brady has more SB wins. Speaks voulumes!!

Why don't you slither back under the rock from which you crawled? You are an ongoing embarrassment to Dolphin fans. For the sake of your fellow Phin fans, give yourself a Colombian necktie and spare the rest of us from your spittle.

Who cares. They are both amazing QB's. Think about how many teams don't even have a QB situation settled (hello, Miami?). We have a great QB. Rank 'em anyway you want. I can't take a thing away from Manning. Great QB. I actually like him a lot more after his SNL appearance (Mitch! Throw the rock!)

Both the Colts and Pats are extremely lucky. We are both great teams with great QB's. These debates are for the brain-dead.

Gee no different then Pats fans acting like Ton Brady is the only reason they won their SB's. Glad to see you realize winning the SB isn't the result of one player. Also you'll notice the experts would take Manning over Brady, even though Brady has more SB wins. Speaks voulumes!!

Well, well, well. Still obsessed with the Pats. Go figure out your own QB situation before talking about ours. ;)

The Pats will always be superior to the dolts. End of story.

Brady looks almost as good as me, and manning looks like he had slippery baby syndrome... and his head turned into a bumper.

Last edited:
I'd pay money to see Peyton Manning play with the receivers we had last year.

seriously it would be so funny watchin him throw to those receivers his head would be spinnin

I'd like to see Brady take his team to the superbowl with

1) One of the top 10 worst defenses of all time

2) THE worst defense to ever play in and win a superbowl championship

3) Being the first team to EVER beat the #1, 2, and 3 ranked defenses in the playoffs

Wayne and Harrison have played with Manning their entire careers. While yes it's true they are both great recievers Manning enhances
everyone's ability on that offense

You're a moron. Brady has 3 SuperBowl rings. Manning 1. Manning wishes he were Brady. Not only that, but if it weren't for the ineptitude of Reche Caldwell, the Colts would have gone down yet again.

Maybe it's because they only care about passing stats, something that Miami fans are also guilty of, as they celebrate their guys passing records, along with other losers like Fran Tarkenton, Warren Moon, Dan Fouts and Jim Kelly. Congrats. How is that "Most Passing Yards" banner doing?

All everyone is doing is giving a critique on a novel that is half finished. Being a Pats fan, I would pick Brady over Manning in a game of schoolyard football everyday of the week, but I'll give Manning his due since he did get the proverbial monkey off of his back. To say one is harder workong than the other is stupid. From what I've read and heard, they're both equal in this department and put winning above all else.

I believe when this story is finished, Brady will come out ahead with quite a few more SB rings than Peyton leaving me wanting to ask both Dan Marino and Peyton which they would rather have....the great individual stats or the multiple SB victories?

Were you dropped on your head, repeatedly as a child?
Where in my post, or any of my posts for that matter have I said the words Brady is the only reason the Pats win Superbowls?

Getting back to the point. The comparison is QB vs QB.
Peyton Manning has had the far more potent receivers up until 2007.
It is no wonder he has compiled more stats up til now.

And btw if you're dumb enough to claim that Brady doesn't have the arm to take advantage of his new weapons think again.
Guess who led the entire NFL in passing yardage in 2005?
http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/PYDS/2005/regular
That's right, not Peyton, not Palmer, not Culpepper (rofl), but Tom Brady.
And he did that with Branch and Givens as his top targets.

Our hapless doofin fan who was probably too young to care the last time they had QB even worth discussing, reminds me of a great line from The Untouchables about a dip**** bringing a knife to a gunfight! LOL

One of the reasons the Patriots were even able to build a competent defense was because their QB didn't suck up all the financial resources of his ownership to prop up his offense. There are at least $34.5M reasons why Manning doesn't have a top ten defense backing his play, and that's not even including what Irsay has had to spend annually to keep elite offensive weapons surrounding him. 1 championship in 9 years from a #1 draft pick vs. 3 in 7 from an end of the draft afterthought most of these so called experts opined would make a decent backup at best if he gained some weight so he might even be durable at this level.

Experts my ass... They only one whose opinion I value on this subject has a handful of rings and says there is no other QB he would want leading his team.

I'm not surprised most of them picked Manning but unanimously :eek:

Your podunk writing skills are frightening. . . . .go and look at a 4th or 5th grade grammar text.

I'll agree with this. I think Manning is a better QB than Brady. That said, Brady's never had the weapons Manning does until now, and the Patriots have more rings and are the favorites to pick up another this year. I'll take Brady and the Patriots, just like I'd have taken Montana and the 49ers over Marino (who I thought was a better QB) and the Dolphins.

Plus Brady's significantly better looking. It's hard to argue that one.

I'll agree with this. I think Manning is a better QB than Brady. That said, Brady's never had the weapons Manning does until now, and the Patriots have more rings and are the favorites to pick up another this year. I'll take Brady and the Patriots, just like I'd have taken Montana and the 49ers over Marino (who I thought was a better QB) and the Dolphins.

One thing that I am secure in stating is that Manning would not have his gaudy passing stats if Belichick had been his coach for the past 5 seasons. He'd also have more SB rings. A season full of massive passing attacks is not Belichick's style. He'll allow his QB to sling it when the opposing D can't defend it, but he will not become predictable. For this reason I don't expect huge passing numbers from Brady this year even though the receiving corp has been substantially upgraded. It's going to be more of the same...a balanced and unpredictable attack. It will be easier for the team to do it though, but we will still see the boring 17-10 victories where it will be obvious the Pats are in control for the entire 2nd half and the outcome is practically predetermined. It's the Belichick way to minimize risks and injuries, show only as much of the playbook as is necessary to win, and not embarrass the opposing coach and team.

I sensed that the team became predictable early in the 02' season with the short passing game. Mr. Bill made certain that it didn't happen again and it paid off. Belichick IS the best coach in the NFL.

This is the problem with espn, fsn, etc. The thousands of full-time sports talking heads and writers need something to talk about, so they come up with this crap. Honestly, who cares. This isn't boxing and it's unlikely that Manning or Brady will ever face each other 1 on 1. They're both great and they each have their own unique strengths and weaknesses. Let's leave it at that.

And on the same token, we shouldn't get so excited when we're said to have the best secondary, or whatever. It's wins that matter, not this junk.

Who cares. They are both amazing QB's. Think about how many teams don't even have a QB situation settled (hello, Miami?). We have a great QB. Rank 'em anyway you want. I can't take a thing away from Manning. Great QB. I actually like him a lot more after his SNL appearance (Mitch! Throw the rock!)

Both the Colts and Pats are extremely lucky. We are both great teams with great QB's. These debates are for the brain-dead.

I agree 100%, the Brady vs Manning thing is nothing but stupid. Which color is better blue or green? Chocolate or vanilla? A convincing argument can be made for both sides and neither one is right.

Do we have a dead horse icon around because the Manning vs Brady debates are old. Fans of both teams should be happy with what they have to root for because when those two hang it up... You get the picture.

I never got to see Marino vs Montana so I am enjoying this battle of two gifted athletes.

Well, I was around for the whole Montana/Marino thing, not to mention the original Mac vs. PC debates... and DAMN, I gotta tell ya, this stuff is starting to bore the piss out of me!

What if Manning's not telepathically dialed in to Wayne and Harrison?? But he is. That's what they're always throwing those timing routes for before the game. They work at it. You think that was Wayne's idea? It's part of what makes Manning what he is.

What if Brady doesn't have that great D every year? Well, come to think of it, when the D is not so great, Brady tends to shine, because hey, they need more points, right?

But Brady comes with new iScore software...

PFnV

I agree with some earlier comments that this is a tired, pointless debate. We live in a "what have you done for me lately" world. Of course they are going to give it to Manning after last season.

I don't care if they give Peyton Manning a "Greatest QB that ever was and ever will be" trophy, he still has to play on Sundays, and he will have his bad days and he will have his crown removed, so let's lace 'em up and see what happens.

It's like another whole seperate debate, but it depends on how you define better QB. Manning is the more prolific passer, but then he's been surrounded by both the weapons to enable him to be and a defense that for the most part dictated he must be. But he's only truly pulled it all together once in 9 years, and against seriously wounded opponents (one with an ailing defense and the other 3 with an absolutely abyssmal offense/QB). And that limited success was due in large part to a change in philosophy that Manning has reluctantly embraced - taking a page out of the Belichick/Brady playbook and playing as a team and taking what you're given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back