PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN is doing a top 10 Patriots ever thing tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
might have been the baddest of the big, bad bruins.....knuckles played with hate but he could play, too

as luck as NE kids are today with the pats & sox especially doing well, i think we grew up in the greatest era......my family watched every bruins game as a kid, so i got into them young.....the great 70's teams morphed into just some great 80's teams....we had the 80's celtics, the late 70's sox, and some great hard-nosed patriots teams

anyone else have the old pennants on their wall? i can remember sox/celtics/B's/patriots above my bed forever
We were lucky bastards growing up here

My first sport was hockey and got into it w/ the late 70s B's. A bit too young for the Orr Bs but watched them all when they replayed them on WSBK. I played D so Orr, Brad Park and Ray were my idols.

My dad had a business in Exeter, NH and got to be friendly with Gary Doak who owned a restaurant near by called The Epicurean. Cool dude. Gave me lots of pointers on D.

As a kid in my bedroom and pinned to the ceiling the exact configuration of all the banners and retired numbers as they were in the Boston Garden.

Psycho....:D

As a kid i used to go to the Boston Bruins Jr hockey camp and Terry O'Reily and the boys were always around. They made the experience amazing and made you want to play hockey. I loved the team in the 80s and early 90s, going to the Gardens to watch them play was the best experience in sports. People throwing rats on the ice for Kenny Linseman, Cam Neely the purest hockey player (the Gronk of the 80s) it was great

Mini One-on-One!!!

i had a ton of friends play in that lol

I loved that. I made it one year. I thought it was the best thing ever, we took it seriously. You would go through qualifications and everything and then play in the first period.

I don't think people realize, but hockey has a hardcore fanbase and it's not just the prep schools where hockey is played. Saying all that i played in Toronto and there it's a different world. It's what football is to Texas, just a part of who they are.

As a kid i used to go to the Boston Bruins Jr hockey camp and Terry O'Reily and the boys were always around. They made the experience amazing and made you want to play hockey. I loved the team in the 80s and early 90s, going to the Gardens to watch them play was the best experience in sports. People throwing rats on the ice for Kenny Linseman, Cam Neely the purest hockey player (the Gronk of the 80s) it was great

i put cam (artificially perhaps) super high on my list of all-time greats

linesman was a favorite......i loved the 80's bruins, they weren't quite as good as the best 70's teams, but i loved the blue collar nature and the style of play

on a side note I have the ticket stub from the last Celtics game in the Garden at home somewhere.....we made the drive from WMass after getting lucky and scoring tickets a couple days before....when the Shaq led Magic knocked them out, no one really knew what to do at the end of the game......the whole crowd ended up singing Auld Lang Syne and just kind of filed out.....it was surreal

i put cam (artificially perhaps) super high on my list of all-time greats

linesman was a favorite......i loved the 80's bruins, they weren't quite as good as the best 70's teams, but i loved the blue collar nature and the style of play

on a side note I have the ticket stub from the last Celtics game in the Garden at home somewhere.....we made the drive from WMass after getting lucky and scoring tickets a couple days before....when the Shaq led Magic knocked them out, no one really knew what to do at the end of the game......the whole crowd ended up singing Auld Lang Syne and just kind of filed out.....it was surreal

As a kid, i had a friend whose father worked security at the gardens and we used to go down at get the teams autographs. I remember vividly going to a game where the Bruins lost to the Flames (on a side note, does any remember the drunk guy who would repeat the box score really loudly when walking down). I was 9 and Neely was walking out with Milbury and you could see the loss visibly affected him. He still stopped and talked to me, but you could see the passion. That's why we loved him.

I used to go down and get the Celtics autographs, but they were giants to a little kid, i remember looking up to Parrish and I was at his kneecap

ha.....i sed to go to the basketball hall of fame enshrinement dinner as a kid

about the 4th year i made rounds at the head table, cousy grabbed me a seat and had me sit between he & gowdy.....my dad came looking for me about 20 minutes later......i was mesmerized by cousy holding court over about 10 other hall of famers, he & gowdy trading stories, mostly about hunting and fishing

screw new york or philly or LA......new england is the greatest sports region, period

Loved 'The Rat"

:eek:AAAAAAAGGGGHHHH Just saw the Pats' website and in a poll:

Which Patriot Was The Most Glaring Omission From NFL Network’s Top-10 List Of The Greatest Patriots Of All Time?

Drew Bledsoe is way out in front with 39%

Either Bob Kraft is multi-voting on his own website, or my hand, along with the rest of myself, is disappearing right before my eyes, a la Marty McFly...

I couldn't jump off the Tobin now even if I wanted to...

:eek:AAAAAAAGGGGHHHH Just saw the Pats' website and in a poll:

Which Patriot Was The Most Glaring Omission From NFL Network’s Top-10 List Of The Greatest Patriots Of All Time?

Drew Bledsoe is way out in front with 39%

Either Bob Kraft is multi-voting on his own website, or my hand, along with the rest of myself, is disappearing right before my eyes, a la Marty McFly...

I couldn't jump off the Tobin now even if I wanted to...
...I can only think of thirty or forty Patriots that are far better than Kerry Collins, I mean Carson Palmer, I mean Drew Bledsoe...including the other three in the poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back