PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN is doing a top 10 Patriots ever thing tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright I'm doing this to get stones thrown at me (but I can't help myself)

This is post 1970 as I can't really say how good the great Milt Schmidt was.

I excluded goalies (separate list.).

Only going by what I saw on the ice.

1. Bobby
2. Espo
3. Raymond Jean
4. Chief
5. Cam
6. Nifty
7. KH Sr.
8. Cash
9. Patrice
10. McNabby

This is post 1970 as I can't really say how good the great Milt Schmidt was and non-goalies (separate list.).

1. Bobby
2. Espo
3. Raymond Jean
4. Chief
5. Cam
6. Nifty
7. KH Sr.
8. Cash
9. Patrice
10. McNabby

i might flip ray ray and espo.....but i like this list, although no knuckles, who was the big bad bruin in the 70's

i think patrice on there is the right call, but man this list is even harder

you can tell klecko got smoked by him once or twice lol

i might flip ray ray and espo.....but i like this list, although no knuckles, who was the big bad bruin in the 70's

i think patrice on there is the right call, but man this list is even harder

Flipping Ray and Espo is not unreasonable.

I tried to give it some thought. These lists are good discussion. Hell, I might flip-flop a couple more too.

Kills me to leave Terry of the list. Vastly underrated offensive player.

Flipping Ray and Espo is not unreasonable.

I tried to give it some thought. These lists are good discussion. Hell, I might flip-flop a couple more too.

Kills me to leave Terry of the list. Vastly underrated offensive player.

might have been the baddest of the big, bad bruins.....knuckles played with hate but he could play, too

as luck as NE kids are today with the pats & sox especially doing well, i think we grew up in the greatest era......my family watched every bruins game as a kid, so i got into them young.....the great 70's teams morphed into just some great 80's teams....we had the 80's celtics, the late 70's sox, and some great hard-nosed patriots teams

anyone else have the old pennants on their wall? i can remember sox/celtics/B's/patriots above my bed forever

might have been the baddest of the big, bad bruins.....knuckles played with hate but he could play, too

as luck as NE kids are today with the pats & sox especially doing well, i think we grew up in the greatest era......my family watched every bruins game as a kid, so i got into them young.....the great 70's teams morphed into just some great 80's teams....we had the 80's celtics, the late 70's sox, and some great hard-nosed patriots teams

anyone else have the old pennants on their wall? i can remember sox/celtics/B's/patriots above my bed forever

My first sport was hockey and got into it w/ the late 70s B's. A bit too young for the Orr Bs but watched them all when they replayed them on WSBK. I played D so Orr, Brad Park and Ray were my idols.

My dad had a business in Exeter, NH and got to be friendly with Gary Doak who owned a restaurant near by called The Epicurean. Cool dude. Gave me lots of pointers on D.

As a kid in my bedroom and pinned to the ceiling the exact configuration of all the banners and retired numbers as they were in the Boston Garden.

Psycho....:D

After this year Edelman will be mentioned in that group.

you can't question hannah, period......#2 right now, probably the greatest guard of all time......there were plays where i remember him just burying 2, 3, 4 guys on one pull......hell, LB's shied away from him when he pulled and got a head of speed, let alone DB's

he was an absolute dozer

now when all is said and done, if gronk can stay healthy and string some more seasons together like what we've already seen, he will probably be the GOAT TE, and maybe comes in at #2, but hannah at 2 is a no brainer

the two guys i want on the list but can't justify are Mosi and Grogan - they were THE guys that defined the franchise for me as a kid......and they both would have fit right in with the current team intangibles-wise

I personally believe that non-qb, Gronk might be the greatest football player ever. More dominant than Jim Brown and LT

1. Bobby
2. Espo
3. Raymond Jean
4. Chief
5. Cam
6. Nifty
7. KH Sr.
8. Cash
9. Patrice
10. McNabby

I'm drawing a blank…Who's #7?

After watching the Rodney Harrison "A Football Life" I am embarrassed that I didn't include him in my top 10. He belongs. So many HUGE plays.

fred and derek on my 12" B&W on channel 38 - sneaking games in my bedroom when i should have been sleeping lol

Don't forget "Peirson's Pointers" during the intermissions. He was great. I loved that segment. Learned a ton from him.

Just checked. Hes still alive and kicking at the spry age of 91.

1. Bobby
2. Espo
3. Raymond Jean
4. Chief
5. Cam
6. Nifty
7. KH Sr.
8. Cash
9. Patrice
10. McNabby
1974-Bobby-Orr-001308021.jpg

Don't forget "Peirson's Pointers" during the intermissions. He was great. I loved that segment. Learned a ton from him.

Just checked. Hes still alive and kicking at the spry age of 91.

Funniest was when Fred was on the road with the team calling the game, but John stayed home and they'd switch the audio to him in the Boston studio at 1:00 AM to do the analysis, so somebody would score in Vancouver, Fred said "Score!" and then you'd hear rustling and "...well, Fred, uh, this is a great play by Stanfield...zzzzz...uh, a really nice pass...zzzzz..."

My first sport was hockey and got into it w/ the late 70s B's. A bit too young for the Orr Bs but watched them all when they replayed them on WSBK. I played D so Orr, Brad Park and Ray were my idols.

My dad had a business in Exeter, NH and got to be friendly with Gary Doak who owned a restaurant near by called The Epicurean. Cool dude. Gave me lots of pointers on D.

As a kid in my bedroom and pinned to the ceiling the exact configuration of all the banners and retired numbers as they were in the Boston Garden.

Psycho....:D
Yeah, once when I was 11 my godfather came and slept over in my room when I was away...in the morning, he told my folks he woke up, looked around and said to himself, "Am I a Bruin?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back