3. John Hannah
4. Andre Tippett
5. Rob Gronkowski
6. Stanley Morgan
7. Willie McGinest
8. Richard Seymour
9. Ty Law
10. Bruce Armstrong

Others under consideration for spot #10 in order: Russ Francis, Ray Clayborn, Ben Coates, Vince Wilfork, Steve Nelson, Leon Gray, Julius Adams. (I eliminated people like Corey Dillon, Irving Fryar, Curtis Martin and Randy Moss who only had about 2 good years). Kevin Faulk, Tedy Bruschi, Rodney Harrison, Julius Edelman, Vincent Brown, Sam Cunningham and Troy Brown deserve a category of their own, one which doesn't quite rise to the level of All-Pro like the others. Drew Bledsoe is kinda between the first and second category.

Last edited:
Here are mine starting from 1976:

1. Tom Brady
2. Mike Haynes
3. John Hannah
4. Andre Tippett
5. Rob Gronkowski
6. Stanley Morgan
7. Richard Seymour
8. Ty Law
9. Bruce Armstrong
10. Russ Francis

Others under consideration for spot #10 in order: Ray Clayborn, Ben Coates, Vince Wilfork, Steve Nelson, Leon Gray, Julius Adams. (I eliminated people like Corey Dillon, Irving Fryar, Randy Moss who only had about 2 good years). Kevin Faulk, Tedy Bruschi, Rodney Harrison, Julius Edelman and Troy Brown deserve a category of their own, one which doesn't quite rise to the level of All-Pro like the others. Drew Bledsoe is kinda between the first and second category.
Very solid list. I might put Coates ahead of Francis (who is one of my all time favorites, have a throwback Francis jersey). Coates had a 5 year run that was almost Gronk-worthy. I also think McGinnest should be a consideration for top 10, he's the NFL's all time leader in playoff sacks. I'd put Hannah ahead of Haynes, Hannah may go down as the greatest Guard of all time. Haynes also was a 1st ballot Hall of Famer, and one of the top 10 CBs of all time.

Very solid list. I might put Coates ahead of Francis (who is one of my all time favorites, have a throwback Francis jersey). Coates had a 5 year run that was almost Gronk-worthy. I also think McGinnest should be a consideration for top 10, he's the NFL's all time leader in playoff sacks. I'd put Hannah ahead of Haynes, Hannah may go down as the greatest Guard of all time. Haynes also was a 1st ballot Hall of Famer, and one of the top 10 CBs of all time.

I would put McGinest before Seymour and Law.

Thanks for noticing that. I just realized that Willie never played in a Pro Bowl, because I just made the list from going to football reference and finding all the Patriots Pro Bowlers and All-Pros.

Shocking.

NYJFL* network or BSPN?

I would put McGinest before Seymour and Law..

You arent wrong but not sure they reach the heights w/o Law and Sey in 03. They needed every last drop of defensive talent in 03. Certainly a reasonable arguement for Willie can be made

Thanks for noticing that. I just realized that Willie never played in a Pro Bowl, because I just made the list from going to football reference and finding all the Patriots Pro Bowlers and All-Pros.

Shocking.

Might have missed it. Willie made it in 03

Willie McGinest Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

I can't argue with that list, but I hate not seeing Bruschi on it. He was the heart an soul of the defense for 3 Super Bowl wins. He deserves an honorable mention.

I can't argue with that list, but I hate not seeing Bruschi on it. He was the heart an soul of the defense for 3 Super Bowl wins. He deserves an honorable mention.

You can argue that Bru should bump Armstrong but for those of us who remember him Bruce was an outstanding LT

Just checked my DVR, says it's on NFLN. And Rodney Harrison's a Football Life is coming on right after it.

Thanks--I got it wrong because I had the day off from work today and watched like 3 hours of mindless talk in the morning. While I caught up on like 3 weeks of emails.

It's on NFLN..

Screw you guys. I'm watching, I'm too intrigued. :oops:;)

10. Vinatieri.

NO.

Gary Myers: "Two years later, last second game winning kick in the Super Bowl."

Yeah, but he missed 2 earlier in the game.

For 2001, Vinatieri deserves a special place in New England history. But those are 2 kicks. And I mean, you're putting Vinatieri in ahead of my #10, Bruce Armstrong?

"Who is more responsible other than Tom Brady for the first 3 rings than Adam Vinatieri?"

Well, 2001 = Vinatieri. Yes.

But 2003, um, Deion Branch? Corey Dillon? Willie McGinest?

10. Vinatieri.

NO.
Eh, in a way I understand. But I want to see more of the forgotten Pats (Haynes, Armstrong, Coates, Morgan) Get talked about on this list. I'll be a bit annoyed if the only Patriot on here from before the 2000's era is Johm Hannah.

9. Stanley Morgan

Still one of the NFL's all time leaders in yards per catch.

The most spectacular player in Patriots history other than Randy Moss.

Now that's a good one.

I never knew Matt Hasselbeck was a Patriots ball boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back