PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN in Roethlisberger's/Pittsburgh's pocket:reports on Marvin Harrison civil lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ESPN in Roethlisberger's/Pittsburgh's pocket:reports on Marvin Harrison civil law

Last night I was listening to Dan Patrick's radio show and even Peter "brown nose" King was calling out BSPN for not reporting the Big Ben story.

Re: ESPN in Roethlisberger's/Pittsburgh's pocket:reports on Marvin Harrison civil law

The only thing I would say in defense of bspn in this case is that the decision to not carry the Roethlisberger story was probably not theirs; more likely that order came from their parent company, Disney.

Roethlisberger was just about to start promoting a show for another division of Disney: abc networks. My guess is that somebody further up the corporate ladder made an ill-fated decision to act like an ostrich with its head stuck in the sand; they felt that by being the biggest supplier of sports news that if they did not report anything on it then people would be unaware, the story would go away, and they could continue with their promotional plans for their reality television show that would center around Shaquille O'Neal and feature Roethlisberger. Obviously their ability to shape the news is not quite as profound as they thought it was despite being "the world wide leader".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back