Welcome to PatsFans.com

ESPN in Roethlisberger's/Pittsburgh's pocket:reports on Marvin Harrison civil lawsuit

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by Phokus, Jul 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phokus

Phokus Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. TrueBeliever

TrueBeliever Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: ESPN in Roethlisberger's/Pittsburgh's pocket:reports on Marvin Harrison civil law

Last night I was listening to Dan Patrick's radio show and even Peter "brown nose" King was calling out BSPN for not reporting the Big Ben story.
  3. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +362 / 0 / -1

Re: ESPN in Roethlisberger's/Pittsburgh's pocket:reports on Marvin Harrison civil law

The only thing I would say in defense of bspn in this case is that the decision to not carry the Roethlisberger story was probably not theirs; more likely that order came from their parent company, Disney.

Roethlisberger was just about to start promoting a show for another division of Disney: abc networks. My guess is that somebody further up the corporate ladder made an ill-fated decision to act like an ostrich with its head stuck in the sand; they felt that by being the biggest supplier of sports news that if they did not report anything on it then people would be unaware, the story would go away, and they could continue with their promotional plans for their reality television show that would center around Shaquille O'Neal and feature Roethlisberger. Obviously their ability to shape the news is not quite as profound as they thought it was despite being "the world wide leader".
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.