PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN Hobbs will play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definately a good thing,Hobbs shall do nicely covering Chris Chambers.Or is it Marty Booker?

Patriots4Ever said:
Definately a good thing,Hobbs shall do nicely covering Chris Chambers.Or is it Marty Booker?
He should face Chambers if we stand a good chance.

Booker against Samuel works to Samuels advantages.

SeanBruschi54 said:
He should face Chambers if we stand a good chance.

Booker against Samuel works to Samuels advantages.

Just curious Sean as I dont really see how?,no Disrepect towards your comment.

Patriots4Ever said:
Just curious Sean as I dont really see how?,no Disrespect towards your comment.
Ellis is a must better overall player than Samuel and i think most of us on the board agree that he is our #1.

While Samuel is a very capable number 2 who fares well against non dominant WR's like a Booker. Booker is a good WR but he's nothing great or special. Samuel can make some guys look bad but if Samuel plays against number 1 type guys he sometimes looks foolish and unmatched. With Samuel as our number 2 it strengthens our defense because i feel that he is better suited as a number 2.

Just because Hobbs is active doesn't mean he's starting or that he is near 100%. He could be the best game day mergency corner we have or he could be our starter.

In any case, it will be interesting to see how the corners defend against the tall, talented Miami receivers. Of course, the trick will likely be to pressure and confuse Harrington.

mgteich said:
Just because Hobbs is active doesn't mean he's starting or that he is near 100%. He could be the best game day mergency corner we have or he could be our starter.

In any case, it will be interesting to see how the corners defend against the tall, talented Miami receivers. Of course, the trick will likely be to pressure and confuse Harrington.
ESPN field woman (i know take it for what its worth) says she talked to Patriots officials and said he will be starting.

Altough starting could mean play one starting snap and then out for the rest of the game lol.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes