PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN hires Tim Tebow as analyst for SEC Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't like hearing the words excited and opportunity, I suggest tuning out when Tebow is broadcasting.

Nobody's taking any shots at CC around here, Boogs...or they will have to deal with me. I WILL take another shot at Markus the hack(Remarker) and his 500 internet aliases though. When you run across him at the Tebow Shrine let him know we all miss his "act".

I wish him the best, he seems like a good guy. I don't know if he'll be good, but if he works at it (which most don't seem to at all in the pros) he'll probably be fine.

I wish him the best of luck.

And no, we shouldn't be calling out other members or making reference to religion which is not the topic of this thread. .

Last edited:
ESPN preparing for the off season by creating its own story lines.
I can see Steven A. and Skip Bayless debating endlessly whether or not it was a mistake for Tebow to work for ESPN instead of play football.

They then can have Tebow on to discuss the topic.

If ESPN ever puts Tim T and Skip Bayless on the same set that's a sexual harassment suit in the making.

(with Tebow as the victim)

I think Skip's pulling for Tebow is justified.
I'm a little disappointed by this news. I passively hopes to see Tebow back in the NFL somehow.

Hope to see Tebow be given another chance. He seemed to have a knack for winning but,so did Sanchez. Would like to see if he could do it again. Don't understand why people rag on him for not wanting to play other positions. It's his life. He doesn't have to do anything.

Before the NFL season they hired Ray Lewis, then after the regular season they hired TIM TEBOW :confused:

I am happy Tim is getting the opportunity to do something he enjoys. I am sure he will add great insight as an analyst. He is an excellent role model who is articulate, smart, funny, and engaging. Sure I would like to see him in the NFL playing some position, but that hasn't panned out as this point in time. Thus, the analyst position is great opportunity for him at the moment.

Just because Tim has taken the offer to be an analyst doesn't mean he is no longer open to or wanting to get back in the NFL. He is taking this analyst position so he can do something else that he enjoys while he's not in the NFL. However, I am certain he would jump at the chance to get back in the NFL if he was offered a chance to be QB.

According to NFL Media insider Ian Rapoport: His new contract has a clause in his deal where he can break his contract with the SEC Network if an NFL team offers him a position on their team.

He has not given up on his dream of playing in the NFL again. Tim said this via his twitter:"I am so excited that ESPN has given me this incredible opportunity. When I was six years old I fell in love with the game of football and while I continue to pursue my dream of playing quarterback in the NFL, this is an amazing opportunity to be a part of the unparalleled passion of college football and the SEC"

It looks like Tim remains adamant about being a QB in the NFL. Now he may change his mind down the line and be open to switching positions, but at the moment he won't. I would love to see him do whatever it takes to get back in the NFL even if it means switching positions. However, it is up to him to decide whether he will switch positions or not. Either way he has my support regardless.

I can see both sides of the coin. I would love to see him be open to different positions so that he has a better shot of getting back into the NFL. I know if he switched position he would appease many people and get back in the NFL right away. However, that is not his dream. I only want Tim to be happy and follow his dreams. He has found something different to do that he enjoys even though it's not playing QB in the NFL and that's okay. Nonetheless, I admire his determination sticking to his guns and following his dreams even in the face of adversity because what matters most is that Tim is happy. God Bless Tim! :)

More info on the Tim's signing as analyst in the link below.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...-clause-in-tv-deal-that-allows-for-nfl-return

I saw a funny comment about this I thought I'd share.

"With Tebow going to ESPN, you can expect the worst commentary ever for the first 45 minutes of the show, followed by the best analysis ever in the final segment."

haha.

Tim Tebow is the last guy I'd want to hear talk about sports.

After the first 30 seconds of "OMG IT'S TIM TEBOW!" novelty wears off, he's going to be one of the most useless guys on there.

Everything he say will be completely safe, middle-of-the-road and non-offensive. Nothing interesting, thought-provoking, against-the-grain or insightful.

His career as a broadcaster will mirror his nfl one. Most people will say he's terrible but a hard core contingent will say he's great, just needs more time to "develop", represents everything good about America and should be kept for that reason alone...

Tebow is a great guy don't get me wrong. But yet Another reason not to watch espn. I'll give him a year to 2 years until he is replaced. Let's just hope he knows collage football more then how to play in the nfl.

OT - ESPN hires Tim Tebow as analyst for SEC Network

Do we like taking shots at other members?

You asked me if I was 6 because I went kitty kitty to someone who uses the word cat in their user name. I didn't take a shot at CC I stated the obvious he is a huge Tebow fan.

You take issue with shmessy though? Seems hypercritical.

Who the hell is Tim Tebow?

Choose the one where it says MediaZone - ESPN/SEC Network Media Conference Call with Tim Tebow. There you will hear the conference call between Tim and a few others in regards to him taking this analyst position.

Click on the link below
Conference Calls « ESPN MediaZone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back