PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN hires Tim Tebow as analyst for SEC Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESPN didn't hire him as a quarterback? I thought he wasn't willing to switch...

I'm not on the hate-Tebow bandwagon at all, but it's genuinely disappointing that he allowed his unwillingness to play anything other than quarterback to drive him out of the league. He really seemed like the kind of guy who would value sticking in the NFL in whatever capacity possible over working for ESPN.

I'm not on the hate-Tebow bandwagon at all, but it's genuinely disappointing that he allowed his unwillingness to play anything other than quarterback to drive him out of the league. He really seemed like the kind of guy who would value sticking in the NFL in whatever capacity possible over working for ESPN.

He wouldn't be happy any other way. I admire him for following his dream, sticking to his guns. Playing another position takes him away from the qb position talk. He always wanted to be seen as a qb. I can't fault him for that. He's doing something else with his life now. That's ok.

He wouldn't be happy any other way. I admire him for following his dream, sticking to his guns. Playing another position takes him away from the qb position talk. He always wanted to be seen as a qb. I can't fault him for that. He's doing something else with his life now. That's ok.

So he'd rather be seen as a quarterback than as a football player. Gotta admit, I find that weird, and I'm very glad that Edelman doesn't feel the same way.

Funny:

Chad Finn ‏@GlobeChadFinn 38m
Tim Tebow struck me as many things -- charismatic, hard-working, friendly, kind, scatter-armed. "Articulate" would be well down the list.

Does the 6 stand for 6 years old?

I am actually 7 now my birthday is today did you get me anything? I really wanted Madden 13 but my mom sucks...

CC is my bud it was a joke because he has like a pager that goes off when someone mentions Tebow in a thread. I got nothing but love for that Cat.

ESPN preparing for the off season by creating its own story lines.
I can see Steven A. and Skip Bayless debating endlessly whether or not it was a mistake for Tebow to work for ESPN instead of play football.

They then can have Tebow on to discuss the topic.

Well, it might not be my choice or your choice*, but at least he was always clear about what he wanted and stuck to it. I dont see anything wrong with it - not sure why everyone always has to make it that there is ONLY 1 RIGHT ANSWER. quick .... Let's take a poll find out which way is over 50% and the other 49% are just IDIOTS. :rolleyes:

* Remember too, HE HAS LIVED THE DREAM - he was already a QB for 2 NFL teams and seasons (true - I am not sure you can count a whole season as a jester deception plan on their own team as a full season, but it is on the books; heck can you count the jesters as a team? :D)

So maybe the dream you and I think would be so cool; AINT ALL THAT!!

(especially if you have been jerked around by a GM at first team (Elway) and the HC (rexy) at the 2d. Then the only guy who played him straight-up (BB) cut him. Maybe he took that as the real answer.

It's hard to move quickly when you have a 9 paragraph signature.......

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad they hired a proven winning QB to be an analysis....wait.

BTW, great hire for ESPN.

I agree with the media guy who said that "articulate" is far down the list of attributes for Tebow. He speaks slowly and seems to have a bit of a speech impediment which is not great for the rat-a-tat-tat ESPN style.

That being said, he's extremely engaging and will be very successful, ratings-wise, for the network.

Last edited:
Well, it might not be my choice or your choice*, but at least he was always clear about what he wanted and stuck to it. I dont see anything wrong with it - not sure why everyone always has to make it that there is ONLY 1 RIGHT ANSWER. quick .... Let's take a poll find out which way is over 50% and the other 49% are just IDIOTS. :rolleyes:

* Remember too, HE HAS LIVED THE DREAM - he was already a QB for 2 NFL teams and seasons (true - I am not sure you can count a whole season as a jester deception plan on their own team as a full season, but it is on the books; heck can you count the jesters as a team? :D)

So maybe the dream you and I think would be so cool; AINT ALL THAT!!

(especially if you have been jerked around by a GM at first team (Elway) and the HC (rexy) at the 2d. Then the only guy who played him straight-up (BB) cut him. Maybe he took that as the real answer.

Of course it's his right to hang it up. It's also his right to go and join the circus if he's so inclined. That having been said, I'm surprised and disappointed by the choice that he made.

Funny:

Chad Finn ‏@GlobeChadFinn 38m
Tim Tebow struck me as many things -- charismatic, hard-working, friendly, kind, scatter-armed. "Articulate" would be well down the list.

Serendipity.

Just re-watching the game and simultaneous as I read this post; SHANNON SHARPE was giving a game break from the KC game. I doubt little Timmy talks worse than mr mouthful of marbles.

Tebow on ESPN is like the reality TV version of The Following (which also returns for its 2nd season in January) without the murders.

It's ESPN. I have to believe he will be far more listenable than most of the morons on that ****pile.

Before this thread goes into the toilet, let me extend my congratulations to Tebow. Glad he got a job that keeps him close to the game (even if it's just short term) and pays. As a Gator fan, I wish he would realize that he's just not cut out to be a quarterback at the professional level and would find another way to come back to the league, but it is what it is.

Well he is a COLLEGE fb analyst so yeah one of the all time winners in the history of college fb.

Do we like taking shots at other members?

Eh, that's a soft ball at best. Shmessy has taken legit shots at other members, but this isn't one of them. He's pretty much just stating the obvious, that CC has a long ass signature. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes