PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN Hatchet Job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ESPN Hatchett Job

Wingo, Schlereth and Carter are true morons with an agenda, especially Schlereth. That said, kudo's to Clayton! He amazed me by saying all the right things: great dynasty, that all dynasties have had some questions such as the 49ers, etc.

He says he didn't believe Walsh. He believes that Walsh could shoot the sideline, have another person shoot the end zone view, take both tapes in at halftime, splice them together on tape (not digital as the Crypt Keeper mentioned earlier), have someone go through the spliced tape and analyze the signals and resulting play, develop a digestable set of notes (nobody on the sidelines whispering in Belichick's ear), get those notes to the coaches on the field, have a coach responsible for spotting the defensive signals, read off the notes, communicate to Belichick, get the play relayed to Brady before the coaching communications shut off, have Brady adjust the play and gain an unfair advantage in the 2nd half of games.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Re: Schlereth and Chris Carter

Two of the biggest...... i've ever seen.

Schlereth says the videotaping doesn't compare to the salary cap violations of the broncos. he said that's like comparing a big crime to a speeding ticket. yeah, getting john elway and terrell davis under contract is akin to a speeding ticket.

Yes, but did the Broncos besmirch their reputation? If there was any besmirching going on, it was surely the sheer besmirchitude of the Patriots that led to the besmirchive nature of their besmirchings.

Note to Schlereth...Use a big-boy word once and it can make you seem smart. Use it over and over again and you sound like a smurf. And make as much sense as one.

He says he didn't believe Walsh. He believes that Walsh could shoot the sideline, have another person shoot the end zone view, take both tapes in at halftime, splice them together on tape (not digital as the Crypt Keeper mentioned earlier), have someone go through the spliced tape and analyze the signals and resulting play, develop a digestable set of notes (nobody on the sidelines whispering in Belichick's ear), get those notes to the coaches on the field, have a coach responsible for spotting the defensive signals, read off the notes, communicate to Belichick, get the play relayed to Brady before the coaching communications shut off, have Brady adjust the play and gain an unfair advantage in the 2nd half of games.

That is the singular most insane thing I have ever heard. Ever.

Edit: Another point...do the tapes show any video of the 2nd half of games? They should be able to see that now. If the 2nd half of games are taped, they certainly weren't used for that game.

(not directed at you metaphors)

Yeah, some greaseball little snitch that brings up scalping tickets for some players and IR players practicing when they weren't supposed to is going to LIE for the benefit of the Patriots. Walsh snitched on everything short of BB keeping the towels from the hotel he stayed at. There is NO WAY that little slimeball lied to help the Patriots.

There is NO WAY that little slimeball lied to help the Patriots.

Can you imagine if Walsh said he turned in the tapes at halftime? They would be singing his praises and using his testimony as proof of their point of view.

Where is Jaws in all this?

Last edited:

You don't know if it didn't influence our SB's. That's a fact. To say that it didn't influence our SB's is not fact it's only "we hope it didn't influence."

Probably no more than stealing signals with binoculars...

Can you imagine if Walsh said he turned in the tapes at halftime? They would be singing his praises and using his testimony as proof of their point of view.

Where is Jaws in all this?

That's the biggest problem I have with today's group on ESPN: no effort at having a balanced panel. Jaws would definitely have evened this thing out.

How do you "bare" a scarlet letter? Does this genius mean "bear" a scarlet letter or does he mean BB already HAS a scarlet letter and he'll walk around and "bare" it for all eyes to see. It's hard trying to understand these pathetically inadequate, moronic and ill educated trolls that stumble into these threads sometimes.

Why would they want to have balance. 98% of the country's sports fans hate the Patriots - they are pandering to the masses of idiots.

Re: Schlereth and Chris Carter

Two of the biggest...... i've ever seen.

Schlereth says the videotaping doesn't compare to the salary cap violations of the broncos. he said that's like comparing a big crime to a speeding ticket. yeah, getting john elway and terrell davis under contract is akin to a speeding ticket.

This is what I was thinking when he said that..... you retain the best players by manipulating the salary cap and it isn't a major advantage????? Schlereth is a douche bag idiot

Last edited:

I'm not here to sway anyone or sound like OMFG! I will continue to pull for the team I've pulled for since I was 8 years old. I however, will never have respect for BB and what he's done to this organization and it's players. I wish the Pats had never even hired him. I am just genuinely very angry. And having to see these tapes is awful.

What has he done?
The worst case you can make is that while every team tried to steal signals he crossed the line by doing in on camera, which is allowed, but from an undesignated spot, which is not.
The tapes show that it is blatantly obvious that the opposing coaches knew it was happening. In other words, it was done out in the wide open.
Belichick has said numerous times he believed it was allowed.
The fact that it was done out in the open, where it would easily be caught, is PROOF that he is telling the truth.

The reality is that there is less tarnish on the Patriots for this episode than their should be on any team under the Bill waslh coaching tree that specifically designed plays to use illegal picks.

Which is worse?
1) Filming something you are allowed to from a spot that you arent.
2) Running an offense that is designed to cheat and commit penalties because they don't usually get called?

The answer is the same as whether wearing a glove with brass knuckles under it is worse than listening really hard from your huddle to see if you can hear their huddle.

What has he done?
The worst case you can make is that while every team tried to steal signals he crossed the line by doing in on camera, which is allowed, but from an undesignated spot, which is not.
The tapes show that it is blatantly obvious that the opposing coaches knew it was happening. In other words, it was done out in the wide open.
Belichick has said numerous times he believed it was allowed.
The fact that it was done out in the open, where it would easily be caught, is PROOF that he is telling the truth.

The reality is that there is less tarnish on the Patriots for this episode than their should be on any team under the Bill waslh coaching tree that specifically designed plays to use illegal picks.

Which is worse?
1) Filming something you are allowed to from a spot that you arent.
2) Running an offense that is designed to cheat and commit penalties because they don't usually get called?

The answer is the same as whether wearing a glove with brass knuckles under it is worse than listening really hard from your huddle to see if you can hear their huddle.

Why are you even answering obvious troll-bait? Jeri-curl can suck my jeri-curled pubes after I'm done pissing on Schlereth's neanderthal, pea-sized brain.

Schlereth continues to go on and on about the situation in the Chargers game, why would they do it if they don't play the Chargers until 2005?

He completely ignores the possibility that the Patriots could play the Chargers that year in the playoffs, or if they finish in the same place in the standings in their respective divisions, they play again the next year.

until today, i had led a relatively stress-free post-SB-XLII life. since the catastrophe, i hadn't turned on ESPN unless there was a sporting event i wanted to see.

unfortunately, today, after the press conference, i let my guard down and watched a few minutes of the post conference commentary. i was stunned at the drivel that was being spoken, especially by carter, who seemed to be beside himself and was making up stuff to get mad about as he went along. i turned if off promptly and i will leave it off unless there's a game i want to watch.

Last edited:

That is the singular most insane thing I have ever heard. Ever.
I have always wondered why they dont go ahead and say that brady is an average QB without the videotaping .
they wont because they need him for their interviews. i will be happy if brady and pats decline any interview requests from ESPN.

You don't know if it didn't influence our SB's. That's a fact. To say that it didn't influence our SB's is not fact it's only "we hope it didn't influence."

As opposed to you hoping it did influence. That's called being a hypocrite. That's what you are and that is a FACT.

And it hasn't ended yet. I won't even go into the gory details but suffice it to say they're doing a good job of keeping the pot stirred.I will share this tho, just cuz I think it's sort of amusing: they actually polled the country, asking if people thought Spygate was now over. According to their map lol- one just like we see during an election- the only states who believed it was over (they were colored red:rolleyes:) were those in NE and one other. The rest were blue.Just unbelievable-I hope the Pats kick some SERIOUS *** this year.

Schlereth continues to go on and on about the situation in the Chargers game, why would they do it if they don't play the Chargers until 2005?

He completely ignores the possibility that the Patriots could play the Chargers that year in the playoffs, or if they finish in the same place in the standings in their respective divisions, they play again the next year.

I caught that too, they didnt play them until 2005 but at the time they didnt know when they would play them again, of course, that would have required thinking and no one on espn seems capable of doing that.

until today, i had led a relatively stress-free post-SB-XLII life. since the catastrophe, i hadn't turned on ESPN unless there was a sporting event i wanted to see.

unfortunately, today, after the press conference, i let my guard down and watched a few minutes of the post conference commentary. i was stunned at the drivel that was being spoken, especially by carter, who seemed to be beside himself and was making up stuff to get mad about as he went along. i turned if off promptly and i will leave it off unless there's a game i want to watch.

Get the dish or whatever and the NFL Network. Seriously, it is worth it.

As opposed to you hoping it did influence. That's called being a hypocrite. That's what you are and that is a FACT.

Um, they had tapes from playing the Rams months earlier.

The Broncos had Elway and Davis Playing for them.

In your world the Broncos got no benefit, or are going to offer me a sweet deal on a bridge now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back