PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN guys Pick Pats to win the AFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
Golic Salsbury and Schlereth all picked the Pats to win the afc AND FACE the panthers. There goes the no disrespect card.

i would love a pats/panthers SB. Would be a very fun rematch.

Haha, well that's good. Yeah, so much for the disrespect thing. There's still enough guys there that the BB spin machine can pull it out though. Plus Rodney can manufacture his own.

This thread proves my point exactly. You guys throw John Clayton under the bus, the only credible writter ESPN has, after he says it will be a great race in the AFCE. Then you hear morons like Golic and Salisbarry predict the Pats to the Super Bowl, and all of a sudden they are geniuses? They had the Ravens in the playoffs, the Cardinals as the 12th best team in football and the Texans WR corps better than the Dolphins. HAHA, man those guys are great!

I doubt any of you remember this, but last year Salisbarry said the Fins were at best a 5 win team and were the worst team in the NFL. Pretty good prediction if you ask me. The one good thing about this, Salisbarry is ALWAYS wrong, so that sucks for you guys haha.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
This thread proves my point exactly. You guys throw John Clayton under the bus, the only credible writter ESPN has, after he says it will be a great race in the AFCE.

haha.
You need to learn to read, Sonny.

We ridiculed Clayton because he said,"If Miami slips for a year or two, the Pats will be back challenging for the AFC East."

Your "most credible writer at ESPN" (which is sort of like being the fastest snail in the mulch, or the mightiest earthworm in the dungheap) somehow got confused and thinks the DOlphins won the AFCE last year, and teh Pats can regain the title only if the Dolphins slip. In fact, it is just the opposite. The Pats won the division the last few years, and the Dolphins need teh Pats to slip for a year or two.

The Pats aren't challenging for a title they own. THey are the defending champs. The Doo-Phins are the challengers.

The most credible writer at ESPN, huh?. He is actually in-credible. You want his job? You'd fit right in.

Last edited:
Well this sucks. I hate being picked by the morons at ESPN, we're doomed.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
This thread proves my point exactly. You guys throw John Clayton under the bus, the only credible writter ESPN has, after he says it will be a great race in the AFCE. Then you hear morons like Golic and Salisbarry predict the Pats to the Super Bowl, and all of a sudden they are geniuses? They had the Ravens in the playoffs, the Cardinals as the 12th best team in football and the Texans WR corps better than the Dolphins. HAHA, man those guys are great!

I doubt any of you remember this, but last year Salisbarry said the Fins were at best a 5 win team and were the worst team in the NFL. Pretty good prediction if you ask me. The one good thing about this, Salisbarry is ALWAYS wrong, so that sucks for you guys haha.

Look at the three posts above. Does anyone actually say they agree with the assessment of Golic or Salisbury? No. Did any of them say that Golic and Salisbury were geniuses? No.

In fact, if anything, people above expressed disappointment that they were picked.

So, you're "point"...is non existant.

Who cares...there are still ass holes bashing the Patriots off season predicting the doom of the franchise. Oh freaking well, they picked us to be in the Superbowl. I was completely shocked, I didnt even see the divisional stuff. To think they put us to beat the Raiders, Colts, Steelers and maybe even the Panthers, hey I guess some people arent predicting the end of the dynasty.

Rodney Harrison & Co. will find some disrespect and use it to their advantage.

I'm most confused with how they pick Pitts to get homefield over us with a significantly tougher schedule, yet still have us good enough to knock off them and Indy on their home fields. If we're that good, with our schedule, I can't imagine we lose more than 3 games.

Steelers Sked
Thursday, Sept. 7 *DOLPHINS 8:30 pm (NBC)
Monday, Sept. 18 *@ Jaguars 8:30 pm (ESPN)
Sunday, Sept 24 *BENGALS 1:00 pm (CBS)
Sunday, Oct. 1* BYE WEEK *
Sunday, Oct. 8 *@ Chargers 8:15 pm (NBC)
Sunday, Oct. 15* *CHIEFS 4:15 pm* (CBS)
Sunday, Oct. 22* *@ Falcons 1:00*pm (CBS)
Sunday, Oct. 29* *@ Raiders 4:15 pm (CBS)
Sunday, Nov. 5* *BRONCOS 4:15 pm (CBS)
Sunday, Nov. 12 **SAINTS* * 1:00*pm (FOX)
Sunday,*Nov. 19* **@ Browns* * 1:00*pm (CBS)
Sunday, Nov. 26 *@ Ravens * 1:00*pm (CBS)
Sunday,*Dec. 3* *BUCCANEERS * 1:00 pm (FOX)
Thursday, Dec.*7* * *BROWNS 8:00*pm (NFL Network)
Sunday, Dec. 17* *@ Panthers * 1:00*pm (CBS)
Sunday, Dec. 24 *RAVENS 1:00*pm (CBS)
Sunday, Dec. 31 *@ Bengals *

I really think the Superbowl next year will be a rematch of some kind.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
and the Texans WR corps better than the Dolphins.

Andre Johnson is an absolute stud (would be a Steve Smith-level superstar if he had anyone half credible tossing him the rock) and Eric Moulds still has it. Jerome Mathis is still developing into a good #3 threat. Consider that the Texans also have Davis as a threat out of the backfield and they don't need super 4 and 5 receivers. This is much better than the Dolphins, who boast Chris Chambers and... Marty Booker and Kelly Campbell? Sorry, but a superstar and a solid possession receiver who used to be an all-pro beat out a solid possession receiver and a platoon of journeymen.

miDeuce said:
I'm most confused with how they pick Pitts to get homefield over us with a significantly tougher schedule, yet still have us good enough to knock off them and Indy on their home fields. If we're that good, with our schedule, I can't imagine we lose more than 3 games.

Steelers Sked
Meh, no Colts in there, no Pats its not worse then ours, ours was like the NFL wanted us to be destroyed. Yes we are champs, give us a tough schedule, but the beggining of the year was very very hard, we still managed to be .500.

i would really love a Super Bowl between...

Afc Champions
New England Patriots

Nfc Champions
Dallas Cowboys

lovely...

Kdo5 said:
Meh, no Colts in there, no Pats its not worse then ours, ours was like the NFL wanted us to be destroyed. Yes we are champs, give us a tough schedule, but the beggining of the year was very very hard, we still managed to be .500.
funny that you say that, i got the same impressing during the Denver playoff game.

I really would love for us to play the Dallas Cowboys as well.This would be the best Superbowl of all time IMO.I also love how people are underestimating the Philadelphia Eagles next season.Yes the NFC east is toughest division in football.''But I will not be shocked if Philly shockingly wins the NFC next year''.

primetime said:
Andre Johnson is an absolute stud (would be a Steve Smith-level superstar if he had anyone half credible tossing him the rock) and Eric Moulds still has it. Jerome Mathis is still developing into a good #3 threat. Consider that the Texans also have Davis as a threat out of the backfield and they don't need super 4 and 5 receivers. This is much better than the Dolphins, who boast Chris Chambers and... Marty Booker and Kelly Campbell? Sorry, but a superstar and a solid possession receiver who used to be an all-pro beat out a solid possession receiver and a platoon of journeymen.

Agreed. Johnson is a great receiver with a QB that doesnt have the time to get him the ball. Moulds has already proved hes one of the best WR in the game. Mathis as a #3 is dependable. Id take those over the phins WR's..id take them over our WR's.

Haterproof said:
I really would love for us to play the Dallas Cowboys as well.This would be the best Superbowl of all time IMO.I also love how people are underestimating the Philadelphia Eagles next season.Yes the NFC east is toughest division in football.''But I will not be shocked if Philly shockingly wins the NFC next year''.

I think a NE/DAL superbowl would definetly be fun, but the amount of time they will spend analysing who is the better Bill will be soo annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing would compare to a New England - Dallas Super Bowl.

Last edited by a moderator:
miDeuce said:

Steelers Sked

My, that is a brutal schedule. They play in the toughest division in football AND have to play three games against the second toughest division (NFC South). AND @Jax for good measure. Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back