PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN gets rid of Sideline Reporters on MNF: Tafoya & Kolber kicked to the curb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ESPN gets rid of Sideline Reporters on MNF Tafoya & Kolber kicked to the curb

CBS started the trend last year and it was a huge success. I bet hardly anyone even noticed the change. That's how worthless sideline reporters are.

Re: ESPN gets rid of Sideline Reporters on MNF Tafoya & Kolber kicked to the curb

Maybe it's just me, but I find Suzy Kolber & Michelle Tafoya much less annoying than Tony Korndog, et al.
It's definitely NOT just you. ;)

"Sideline Reporters" are to the telecast what Cheerleaders are to the live stadium experience. They're just an excuse to inject an attractive female (OK, its pushing it with Michelle Tafoya) into the game. Here you go, beer guzzling America, look at the pretty lady. Look how big and blue Andrea Kremer's eyes are! Whether they add to the telecast or not is moot. They're there for a little sparkle, like the in-game graphics and other enhancements.

I completely agree, though I'd like to see what Michelle Tafoya looks like underneath the coats and jackets. Hard to tell when she's always bundled-up like she is. She has a cute-enough face, and sounds like she knows about what she's talking.

I completely agree, though I'd like to see what Michelle Tafoya looks like underneath the coats and jackets. Hard to tell when she's always bundled-up like she is. She has a cute-enough face, and sounds like she knows about what she's talking.
I don't know if she smokes, but she has that smoker's voice. And, cute? I don't know...LOL, yesterday, Celtics - Spurs game, she gets Paul Pierce, star of the first half, and the game, for an end of first half interview. She asks him the usual predictable stuff and at the end says "thank you Bruce Bowen". Christ, she couldn't even get his name mixed up with that of a star player.

I don't know if she smokes, but she has that smoker's voice. And, cute? I don't know...LOL, yesterday, Celtics - Spurs game, she gets Paul Pierce, star of the first half, and the game, for an end of first half interview. She asks him the usual predictable stuff and at the end says "thank you Bruce Bowen". Christ, she couldn't even get his name mixed up with that of a star player.

That's funny. I didn't watch the game, so I didn't see the interview.

Maybe Pierce and Bowen look the same from the chin down.

What's ironic is that Pierce and (ex-Celtic) Bowen, both from L.A., play each other all the time over the summer.

That's funny. I didn't watch the game, so I didn't see the interview.

Maybe Pierce and Bowen look the same from the chin down.

What's ironic is that Pierce and (ex-Celtic) Bowen, both from L.A., play each other all the time over the summer.
At first I had a "dirty laugh" over that, but then I realized you meant she is so much shorter than most any NBA player.

Last edited:

At first I had a "dirty laugh" laugh over that, but then I realized you meant she is so much shorter than most any NBA player.

Nothing wrong with having a dirty laugh every now and then, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back