PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN gets rid of Sideline Reporters on MNF: Tafoya & Kolber kicked to the curb

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Starting next year it looks like ESPN's broadcast of Monday Night Football has gotten rid of the annoying sideline reporters namely Michelle Tafoya & Suzy Kolber.

Whether its a woman issue more than just the fact that both are annoying and give little to the game at hand or the company is trying to save money is speculative but nevertheless ESPN's horrible MNF telecasts improve by canning this worthless sideline reporting crap and the useless info those 2 ladies provided.

BTW: IMO Its annoying even with men on the sideline reporting (like Wilcots)so to me its not the woman issue but ESPN may think differently.

Who is Joe Namath going to try and kiss now when the Jets appear on MNF? :D

Re: ESPN gets rid of Sideline Reporters on MNF Tafoya & Kolber kicked to the curb

Are they getting rid of sideline reporters completely, or just replacing them with men?

I hope the former.

Last edited:
Re: ESPN gets rid of Sideline Reporters on MNF Tafoya & Kolber kicked to the curb

Are they getting rid of sideline reporters completely, or just replacing them with men?

I hope the former.

They are getting rid of sideline reporters - Although its not official yet but getting rid of them is the likely scenerio and IMO its an awesome decision.

Hell yeah!

Yeah, sideline reporters in general are awful. Not a gender thing, imo, the whole position is just unnecessary. Remember how bad Eric ****erson was?

Sideline reporting could have been an insightful tool into the up-close, in-game, goings-on of each team. Instead, it became mostly another opportunity for puff-piece, jock-sniffing, info-tainment.

If the choice is between info-tainment and nothing, then I choose nothing.

Maybe it's just me, but I find Suzy Kolber & Michelle Tafoya much less annoying than Tony Korndog, et al.

Gee what a shame, they brought so much to the table; then again, if it weren't for them, we'd not have "I want to kiss you!!".........."Thanks Joe!!", so for that I am happy they patroled the sidelines.

Yet another thing to dump on Jets fans over, which is always nice...........

Great news! I hope they keep the decision of eliminating sideline reporters. Sideline reporters are pointless, unless they bring in Erin Andrews. I'd be down for that.

Last edited:

Yeah, sideline reporters in general are awful. Not a gender thing, imo, the whole position is just unnecessary. Remember how bad Eric ****erson was?
I agree, although Lynn Swann was OK. I hope the other networks follow suit, and baseball, and basketball. Lean and mean operation is what I like.

What will the fan actually miss, probably not live action.

Excellent. No more cutting into plays with nonsense banter. Count me among the masses of women who will be happier without their schmoozing the sidelines.

I do love that Rachel Nichols though......:cool:

Thank goodness. They were useless anyway. It's not a gender issue, but with that being said I'm glad to see ESPN get rid of the "we have to have women in sports to satisfy the feminists" feeling. It's pointless to just get them and put them in a dimwitted role. Men and women are different, people don't need scientific studies to prove that.

Sideline reporters can be good, Armen Kitain (sp?) was a good one.

Maybe Suzie can get a job "working" for Broadway Joe.

"Sideline Reporters" are to the telecast what Cheerleaders are to the live stadium experience. They're just an excuse to inject an attractive female (OK, its pushing it with Michelle Tafoya) into the game. Here you go, beer guzzling America, look at the pretty lady. Look how big and blue Andrea Kremer's eyes are! Whether they add to the telecast or not is moot. They're there for a little sparkle, like the in-game graphics and other enhancements.

They still need to get rid of Cornholio he ruins the entire broadcast.

Great news! I hope they keep the decision of eliminating sideline reporters. Sideline reporters are pointless, unless they bring in Erin Andrews. I'd be down for that.

i hope they eliminate the people in the MNF booth as well. that wouldve been even good news.

so when is emmitt getting the axe? He can barely speak english

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots