PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN Football Today Podcast - Superfan Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal Bong

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Not sure how many of you here listen to the ESPN podcast Football Today with Jeremy Green but I happen to be the Patriots "Superfan" for this season.

Early tomorrow morning they'll be calling me and the Ravens Superfan to discuss the upcoming game.

They'll ask what I think the "X Factor" will be for the game.

What the impact of Welker being out will have.

Prediction on the game result.

Other insights.

If anyone has any interesting angles about this game or the above questions I'd appreciate your input. I'm having a tough time getting a grasp of what I expect to see happen on Sunday.

Isn't the answer to both of these "a monstah game from Edelman"? :)

Not sure how many of you here listen to the ESPN podcast Football Today with Jeremy Green but I happen to be the Patriots "Superfan" for this season.

Early tomorrow morning they'll be calling me and the Ravens Superfan to discuss the upcoming game.

Prediction on the game result.

Other insights.

If anyone has any interesting angles about this game or the above questions I'd appreciate your input. I'm having a tough time getting a grasp of what I expect to see happen on Sunday.
Haven't heard it before, what time is it on?

Personally I think the loss of Welker is being overplayed. Look at how Edelman has performed in the games Welker was out, and there really hasn't been that much of a dropoff. Welker has been awesome, but Edelman has stepped up when called upon.

Pats aren't going to stop Rice, but they need to contain him. Think of the win over the Jets, when Thomas Jones ended up with good stats but wasn't really that much of a factor; same thing.

On offense the Pats need to at least get enough done running the ball that they can keep the Ravens' defense honest. Don't let Baltimore force you to be one-dimensional.

X-factor? Maybe special teams, or an old Ravens' favorite: dumb penalties. The performance of the Pats' tight ends could be a huge factor, whether it's as run blockers or catching a key first down.

No doubt the TEs on this team are X-Factors if this team is to win sunday.

Faulk is a big key for me especially on 3rd downs

Awesome, I listen to that show everyday. Its sweet that you got the Superfan job.

I wouldn't worry too much if you get stuck as Podvader will be there to give you a hand, I love his homerism.

On to the game, I think that you can't see past Edelman as the X-factor, how well he performs will say how well the offense performs. That and the running games of both teams. Obviously if the running game gets going for both teams it could be a big scoring game opening up PA and alike, as both teams have aggressive safeties and average secondaries.

You could maybe mention Flacco in the weather, if the weather report is windy or snow.

It should be a close game but i think the pats will prevail 27 - 21. I think that Cundiff will miss at least one field goal, whereas the Ghost will be awesome as usual, it could be the difference.

Good luck and i will be listening and rooting for you.

Offense: Protection for Brady
Defense: Pressure on Flacco and our secondary play, especially our safeties'
past tendency to blow coverage when they bite on play action.
Kicking game: X Factor; Nobody I would rather have right now than Gostkowski to make a 51 yrd field goal to win the game.

I would say how limited will Ed Reed be since he has that nagging groin injury.

Thanks guys. Patsfans.com was unfortunately down just half an hour ago when I tried to check this thread before the call and I just got off a few minutes ago.

The Ravens fan Brandon was funny. He ripped a lot of his team but was still ****y and confident about their chances to win; definitely more entertaining than me.

Anyway, if you're interested in listening to the show you can do so here:
ESPNRadio.com - PodCenter - ESPN

or you can subscribe on iTunes as I do.

Today's show should be up around noon EST.

It's a daily podcast with each show running around 40-45 minutes 5 days a week.

Producer Jay Soderberg is a Pats fan so we're always well represented. The show can be hokey at times but they usually get some pretty good guests.

They'll be talking to the Superfans each week that their team is in the playoffs so hopefully I'll be back on next week.

Tell them you expect the Bears to win by 72 points, and since it's ESPN just appease Tom Jackass by saying the Patriots hate their Slot Reciever.

seriously tho, just think about your keys to the game and then go over them. I have faith you'll rep-re-sent us!

Hopefully you'll be able to appear in February! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back