PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN FIRST TAKE: BRADY or RODGERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
AR is insane right now. It'd be tough to say that he isn't #1 "right now". But it IS tough to tell if this is going to be a short span of dominance (he has only recently been THIS dominant) or rather a "changing of the guard"...

It'll take Brady because of the time tested excellence and his continued greatness this year, but acknowledge that AR is probably ever so slightly better "right now" with a decent possibility that he will be the gold standard as Brady ages.

Rodgers is the best QB in the league right now. I love Brady but Rodgers is playing out of his mind right now and will probably have another ring this season with the way the Pack are looking.

What separates Rodgers from Brady is his ability to make plays outside the pocket. He's one of the most mobile QB's in the league. I know Brady has faced tougher opponents but Rodgers is too good right now.

Agreed. I wasn't willing to say that until this year. I wanted to see how success affected him. Would he come back hungry. He has so far in a big way.

I'm gonna say Rodgers is playing better right now...but I'd take brady on my team. Look what Brady does at the line, there is much more to being a QB than just passing.

Mangini,Jon Ritchie and Skip Bayless were asked who would they chose to play QB for their team as of today BRADY or RODGERS?

Mangini picked Brady
Jon Ritchie picked Rodgers :eek: (His arguments were as lame as they come)
Skip picked Brady

STATS:
Brady 16 TD 8 INT
Rodgers 17 TD 3 INT

I cliked on this thread for the sole reason of expressing how sick ESPN and the media makes me. I really don't give a s*** who thinks who is better at what.

I really don't get it.

Rodgers is better than Brady because of his stats(against scrub defenses except Carolina, IMO) and because he's mobile? Michael Vick was mobile and had crazy stats last year too against the same terrible NFC defenses was he really better than Brady and worthy of being MVP? This is getting completely ridiculous.

Aaron Rodgers is not the flavor of the month, they refuse to do Brady like they used to do Manning so they are using Rodgers instead. ESPN wants to knock Brady and the Patriots off the top. Brady is older and more traditional and he will never be accepted on that garbage of a station as the best of all time. It tortures them to admit that Brady is better than Manning, even if Brady wins 5 SBs, they will never say he's better than Montana or Manning, they'll find other ways to discount him... like bringing up spygate. Brady is too good-looking, too successful, his throws aren't amazing enough for the hightlight reel(hard to do against very good Ds) and too much of a celebrity now. Writers don't mind admitting Brady's greatness, but those former players who are so-called analyst will choose Rodgers everytime. They are old jealous hasbeens.

Last edited:
Rodgers is the best QB in the league right now. I love Brady but Rodgers is playing out of his mind right now and will probably have another ring this season with the way the Pack are looking.

What separates Rodgers from Brady is his ability to make plays outside the pocket. He's one of the most mobile QB's in the league. I know Brady has faced tougher opponents but Rodgers is too good right now.

I agree.

Not to take anything from Rodgers as he is amazing but look at the defenses we've played compared to the Packers... They've played the Panthers, Broncos, Falcons and Rams..

Last edited:
Rodgers is the best QB in the nfl right now.The problem with Brady is his mobility.Its not bad though being the second best QB in the league.

Who's better at reading defenses and calling blitzes better than Brady though?

Anyone see the recent First Take with Suggs? The dude so clearly hates Brady that I knew before the question was even asked what he was going to say about him. Skip is the only guy going for Brady right now....

Rodgers is the best QB in the nfl right now.The problem with Brady is his mobility.Its not bad though being the second best QB in the league.

Mobility is overrated. The least mobile QB I've ever seen is Dan Marino, especially with a walking boot. The guy never got sacked. He was, like Brady, a master of shuffling around in the pocket. The number of plays these guys make with their brains and feet in the pocket far outweighs any plays made on the run.

I really don't get it.

Rodgers is better than Brady because of his stats(against scrub defenses except Carolina, IMO) and because he's mobile? Michael Vick was mobile and had crazy stats last year too against the same terrible NFC defenses was he really better than Brady and worthy of being MVP? This is getting completely ridiculous.

Aaron Rodgers is not the flavor of the month, they refuse to do Brady like they used to do Manning so they are using Rodgers instead. ESPN wants to knock Brady and the Patriots off the top. Brady is older and more traditional and he will never be accepted on that garbage of a station as the best of all time. It tortures them to admit that Brady is better than Manning, even if Brady wins 5 SBs, they will never say he's better than Montana or Manning, they'll find other ways to discount him... like bringing up spygate. Brady is too good-looking, too successful, his throws aren't amazing enough for the hightlight reel(hard to do against very good Ds) and too much of a celebrity now. Writers don't mind admitting Brady's greatness, but those former players who are so-called analyst will choose Rodgers everytime. They are old jealous hasbeens.

To be honest, if you aren't a patriots fan, i can see why someone might not like brady. I mean... he has it all, he is very good looking, he has a super model wife, he makes 20+ million a year, and hes very succesful. It seems like he has no flaws.

However, of course it should be noted that he had to work his way up the ladder (but his good looks are obviously a god given thing).

I don't get the vick thing... vick didn't win a superbowl by having a top 3 post season performance, did he?

I can see why rodgers is being considered better than brady.. i mean come on, how do you not see the potential that rodgers has? And for christ sake, he highly respects brady. So why the hate?!

Give me Brady any day of the week, month, or year. I don't care what anyone else has to say or thinks.

Best team doesn't always win the SB otherwise we would have another ring.

This reminds me of the Brees-Brady comparisons of a year ago. Brees was the SB winner, the hot hand, and had a solid body of work over a few years. He's still a top-tier QB, but he's come back to earth a bit. We'll just have to see with Rodgers, but he's definitely a top-3 QB in today's NFL.

I sincerely love this forum, it's entertaining.

Is the issue that only 2 of 3 analysts chose Brady? The conversation doesn't even touch on appreciating the praise those two give him, it's "why the hell did that other guy pick Rodgers". Lol, I wish I lived in Boston:p

I Don't know if anyone saw today's show, but they had Suggs on today and asked him this question. Of course he picked Rodgers. And when Brady's Super Bowl pedigree was mentioned, he said he couldn't believe in Brady because of, "the videotapes and Tuck Rule." Suggs is a true example of lower level intelligence human garbage.

Geez it's to early in the guys career for these comparisons. I'd take Brady this season over Rogders because I know he's handled a variety of situations Rodgers hasn't and handled them well.

For instance he's only had 3 fourth qtr comebacks and 5 game winning drives and these weren't even in big games. It's not fair to compare a guy in the beginning of his fourth full season to a veteran hall of famer in his 11th or 12th year.

Last edited:
Rogers is one of if not the best right now, he's hot, but might settle down. Brady has sustained this for over a decade. He is arguably one of the greatest of all-time. Rogers need to play out of his mind for another five years before he is on bradys level.

Well like someone else said in this forum, Brady always being compared year in an out on whose the best. For years it's been him and Manning then Brees, now Rodgers people find it hard to just admit Brady is hands down the best right now too Rodgers has played a joke of a
schedule with Saints and Falcons being the exception and even yet their defense sucks.

Honestly, the packers are very boring to watch. Yes, they are a good team and all but watching Rodgers is boring to me.

Watching the Brady at the line has more excitement.

You can hear him calling plays, Mike linebackers and make it fun. I was watching the Cowboys game last night and rememberd Brady calling out "Gravy, Gravy". I also heard "Golden Springer" or something like that too. Its fun to watch him call out plays like that to me and see how the defenses react to it. He's really the best at mixing up those dummy snaps. He made Welker jump on one of those too. I'll admit I like watching Peyton do this as well.

When I watch other QBs in the league, its not the same. Its just hike the ball and snap. Over and over again...

Brady. We all know that Rodgers is a system QB and a product of it.:rolleyes::D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye