PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN expert picks for Super Bowl XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a perfect world, we go 19-0...
I'd say if the Pats don't win the Superbowl...
9ers over Ravens. Because the only way the Pats aren't going to win the Superbowl this year is if they don't make it.

Hard to go against the Packers in the NFC... they're going to be tough. And did somebody actually pick the Eagles? Wow, please fire him. Can't rule out the playoff-tested Giants either. And I don't see the Niners being able to replicate last season at all.

AFC is a toss-up. I can see the Texans, and the Ravens are a real long-shot, but with a great D, you can win any given Sunday. We'll just have to see.
The problem with the"playoff tested Giants" is that they rarely make the playoffs.

I wouldn't call it a considerable jump what happened last season. They were pushing the Manning led Colts and making noise before 2011...their defence was a huge factor in dragging them down.

As already pointed out, they went from 6-10 in 2010 to 10-6 last year. They also went from one of the league's worst defenses in 2010 (30th in yards allowed, 29th in points allowed) to one of the best in 2011 (2nd in yards allowed and 4th in points allowed).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes