PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN: Cowboys agree in principle in a trade for Pacman Jones for 4th rounder [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3364138

Sources: Cowboys agree on deal to acquire Pacman from Titans

The Dallas Cowboys and Tennessee Titans have agreed in principle on a trade for suspended cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones, sources told ESPN on Wednesday.

Dallas will send its fourth-round pick in Saturday's draft to the Titans for Jones.

There are also conditions attached to the trade related to Jones being reinstated by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and how much he plays for the Cowboys. If he plays a significant amount of time in 2008, the Titans will get an additional pick from the Cowboys in 2009.

If he doesn't get reinstated by the NFL, the Titans will send an undisclosed 2009 draft pick back to the Cowboys.

Also, Pacman has reached a financial settlement with the Titans regarding his contract situation. ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that Jones must pay $500,000 to a charity chosen by the Titans sometime in the next two years. He will receive a new contract from the Cowboys.

Last edited:
Pacman to Boys

good now no more talk about us getting him.

Last edited:
Re: ESPN: Cowboys agree in principle in a trade for Pacman Jones for 4th rounder

Generally I think its wise to pass on a guy I assume is nicknamed for a propensity to gobble down lots of white pills... seems like he was made for Dallas, a team who has no history of players getting in trouble. ;)

Last edited:
Re: ESPN: Cowboys agree in principle in a trade for Pacman Jones for 4th rounder

Yup it was going to take more than a 6th round pick. A 4th it is. Since this is a second day pick, the risk to the Cowboys is minimal, and the Titans get a pick that has a chance of unearthing at least a quality backup player. No more Pacman antics in Tennessee. Look for him in a strip bar near you in Dallas!! :p

the cowboys may have just landed themselves in the super bowl. this guy can play. he also is a great return man. what do the cowboys have to lose? absolutely nothing. i wish we traded for him.

Glad he didn't end up here. We simply don't need a play like him who isn't just a potential cancer, but a legitimately bad person

I would have definitely traded a 4th rounder for him. He's a huge risk but the payoff is much more than your going to get for a 4th rounder. We'll see how he does but I have a feeling its going to be a steal and some people will be griping about CB play later this season.

. what do the cowboys have to lose? absolutely nothing. i wish we traded for him.

A 4th round pick and the safety of several Dallas-area strip clubs.

Last edited:
Re: ESPN: Cowboys agree in principle in a trade for Pacman Jones for 4th rounder [mer

What a steal for Dallas. I'm sorry, I know people hate him, but if you look at it objectively, Pac Man is no worse than any number of guys who suit up weekly in the NFL. The difference is he has all the talent in the world, and was a top 10 pick who should just be entering the prime of his career.

Assuming he is reinstated, and isn't rusty from a year off (not a huge leap), than I think people are going to be comparing this deal to the Moss trade before too long.

Look for him in a strip bar near you in Dallas!! :p

In between wrestling matches of course for TNA. ;)

It just doesn't make sense to do this until after he's reinstated. Unless they know something nobody else does, it's reckless.

It just doesn't make sense to do this until after he's reinstated. Unless they know something nobody else does, it's reckless.

If Dallas would have waited the Titans would have been asking for more. As it is now they are not losing much, and if he doesn't get reinstated the Cowboys get that pick back. Its a no lose situation

A 4th round pick and the safety of several Dallas-area strip clubs.

You guys are cracking jokes now, but I seem to remember half the board wanting Pacman when there were rumors that the Patriots were interested in him.

You guys are cracking jokes now, but I seem to remember half the board wanting Pacman when there were rumors that the Patriots were interested in him.

Those "you guys" could be from the half of the board that didn't want him. :cool:

Jerry Jones has a lot of pull around the NFL. He'll make sure that Pacman is reinstated before Week 1 (unless the extortion charge takes a turn for the worse).

Re: ESPN: Cowboys agree in principle in a trade for Pacman Jones for 4th rounder [mer

If the Patriots had wanted him, I think he would have had a good chance here. But I'm not sure the same is true about the Cowboys.

I look at that team and I see, well, a joke. Tony Romo is getting paid a zillion dollars even though the team still hasn't won a game of even modest significance in over a decade. His starlet girlfried is letting paparazzi take pictures of her eating birthday cake frosting off his face. They have TO. They have a lame-duck coach and the highest paid offensive coordinator in football. Moreover, the coach is a complete softy, and the entire team seem is still reveling in the lack of discipline from the departure of the one coach that really had them under control. Their owner is a nightmare.

At some point, you can't discount talent. But this doesn't seem to be what this team needs right now. Corey Dillon and Randy Moss worked on the Patriots, but everything in New England is so fundamentally different from Dallas -- right down to the cultures of the two cites, one has puritan roots and one is a glitz, celebration of big things and excess, lots of recently-aquired wealth -- that I don't know the two are comparable. Maybe it will work for them, I don't know. They are going to be a soap opera for sure.

I hope Dallas is a soap opera and they grab all the headlines this year. Anything to keep the Pats under the radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes