PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN: Charlie Weis accepts OC job with Chiefs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie and Romeo left the team on Feb 05... Its time to move on, dont know if Bill O Brien and Dean Pees is the answer , but Charlie and Romeo were not coming back..

I don't think Charlie's not returning to New England is a result of severed personal ties in NE or BB's ego, but rather the fact that the offense has evolved a lot since Weis left. We have become a much more of a spread, shotgun, and pass oriented team since 2004. It may be the same terminology, but its not quite the same philosphy.

I don't think Charlie's not returning to New England is a result of severed personal ties in NE or BB's ego, but rather the fact that the offense has evolved a lot since Weis left. We have become a much more of a spread, shotgun, and pass oriented team since 2004. It may be the same terminology, but its not quite the same philosphy.

Evolved? The results are horrible when it comes to this offense adjusting or putting drives together consistently. It is erratic at best. O'Brien may turn out to be a hell of a coordinator but quite honestly I'd rather have a veteran OC when we still have the window to win championships with Brady Moss etc., and not do experiments.

I knew Charlie coming back was a long shot but I would love to have him over O'brien any day of the week and twice on sunday. But it is what it is.

I say good luck to Charlie!

In retrospect yeah, I wanted him back but I think after all of the media scrutiny in South Bend maybe he wanted a coaching position in a smaller market.

Regardless of his reasons, be they personal or professional best of luck, Charlie! Patriot fans everywhere will be forever grateful!

Well that sucks. So are we using interns and gofers forever?

Well that sucks. So are we using interns and gofers forever?
as long as BB is here we will be promoting ball boys and film techs..........not good
news

as long as BB is here we will be promoting ball boys and film techs..........not good
news

Yeah ... we'll be lucky to win 1 SB ... never mind hoping for 2 or 3.

Yeah ... we'll be lucky to win 1 SB ... never mind hoping for 2 or 3.

Agreed. I just wish Kraft wasn't dumb enough to lock this idiot up to a long term contact. Maybe then, we could have made a power play for Brad Childress.

news

Not sure if you are aware but that's how coaches start out. :confused:

Sometimes I can't believe the crap people type on this forum.

Somewhere.. poor maverick just smashed his head against a brick wall.

That's great! :rolleyes:

Meanwhile ... the New England Patriots are stuck with amateur hour!

Agreed. I just wish Kraft wasn't dumb enough to lock this idiot up to a long term contact. Maybe then, we could have made a power play for Brad Childress.

or **** jauron...don't forget jauron...

Sometimes I can't believe the crap people type on this forum.

LOL

What's even worse is they'll defend it to the death because they truly believe it.

We won our last Super Bowl in February 2005. Charlie and Romeo left within a couple of weeks. Yes, it is time to move on. It is time to pretend to try to get as good a set of coordinators as we had then.

Charlie and Romeo may not be the answers for the patriots and Belichick in 2010. Apparently, they are the answer for the chiefs and Pioli. Perhaps Pioli is just a poor judge of talent. After all, many posters believe that the game has passed these coordinators by.

But if Charlie and Romeo aren't good enough for uis, then shouldn't we expect much better from the best organization in football?

Charlie and Romeo left the team on Feb 05... Its time to move on, dont know if Bill O Brien and Dean Pees is the answer , but Charlie and Romeo were not coming back..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes