PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN,CBS,PFW,NFL.com Power Rankings 9-11-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greenberg said he wanted to put them is number one and was laughing about that. When he put them number 5 Golic protested and said something about them being in the top 10. the Jets are not top 10. The Jets board is now full of 10 or 11 game win season and the playoff posts.

Do you blame them? They had a pretty good first game and should feel pretty good.

As for the rankings, I'd rather the Patriots not get so much love early on.

Do you blame them? They had a pretty good first game and should feel pretty good.

Cold reality will hit them after their game in Pittsburgh. I do think the Jets were impressive on Sunday. There's not a lot of "ifs and buts" other than to just suck it up and hope they come apart by the seams, which they probably will.

Stephen Hill will be the key to whether or not they are contenders this year.

Every year there is a total overreaction to the first bunch of games. Last year the Bills were fashionable early then opps here comes gravity Obviously the 49ers, Texans and Ravens are legit but........

"IF YOU WANT TO CROWN THEIR AZZ, THEN CROWN THEM!:mad:

:D

Attachments

• if you want to crown their ass.jpg
    if you want to crown their ass.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 117
I don't want the Pats to be #1 until after the SB. :)

Half of the teams in the "top 10" will be no where to be found after they get exposed if they haven't already..Talk about overreaction...

Last edited:
Re: ESPN,CBS NFL Power Rankings 9-11-12

Who in their right mind would leave San Fran off the top spot???

Someone who has more confidence in Brady's ability to perform than say an Alex Smith. 49ers defense is terrific. But you've gotta remember this is still and offense and pass driven league. I'd put my money on Brady vs Smith head to head 9 out of 10 times.

Atlanta is being overrated...big time. Probably the most overrated in the league at this point.
They have great receivers, can run the ball, and have a decent QB, maybe a breakout QB. I don't see much not to like on offense.

Any Power Ranking without the 49ers or Patriots interchanging in first place isn't worth the time of day.

Last edited:

Any Power Ranking without the 49ers or Patriots interchanging in first place isn't worth the time of day.

That's debatable. Quite frankly I think they beat an overrated football team.However, if you are going to say the Packers are as good as people think they are, then it is fair to put the 49ers #1.

That's debatable. Quite frankly I think they beat an overrated football team.However, if you are going to say the Packers are as good as people think they are, then it is fair to put the 49ers #1.
I have no issue with the 49ers being rated at #1 because of their Defense as I have no problems with the Patriots being rated at #1 because of the Offense. The complimentary units (49ers O, Patriots D) put up encouraging performances in week 1.

The Packers are a good side. I'm not sure they'll be as good as their 15-1 2011 record but they'll be there abouts in 2012.

Last edited:
The 2012 Packers are the 2011 Patriots only they won't make the Superbowl:)

I have learned in my years on earth that the first week of the season means absolutely nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes