PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN burying Mangina!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, Michael Wilbaun used this as another chance to take a swipe at Belichick. His first response was that he wasn't surprised because "guess who taught Mangini everything he knows".

So the big tuna will soon be off his television deal ? Afterall, someone must have taught BB a thing or two ? :cool:

They should make this whole thing into a movie, with Andy Richter playing the part of The Mangina.

They should make this whole thing into a movie, with Andy Richter playing the part of The Mangina.

and I envision one of those scenes when they ask the 'rat' "What did you know and when did you know it?" Watergate style questions. If it was when he was with the Pats, he puts himself in trouble, if he lies, then he's in deeper trouble. I'm waiting to see if the commish has the cajones to call MAngini on the carpet and ask those questions......" I take the fifth Mr. Goodell..."
I did not think it possible but he just supplanted Rich Kotite as the worst Jets coach.............

Marvin Lewis isn't part of the fraternity. He is also the newest member of the competition committee, getting the nod when Holmgren was having his little post SB emotional meltdown and thinking about retiring. When he resigned the committee they appointed Marvin because he was coming off the Bungles first decent season in forever. Of course, things have since changed - actually we kind turned his tide last season as I recall - and he's once again coaching the Bungles. I would bet he was the Competition Committee member who was reportedly blubbering about how this HC's penalty needed to be at least as severe as the poor, mostly black players Goodell has been so heavy handed with... I figure Polian was more likely the voice of reason who said suspension would be going overboard. He's mellowed somewhat since winning that lone Lombardi, and I think he'd see the slippery slope in all this for 31 other FO's that some of the hothead HC's on the committee failed to consider when they piled on.

Hmmmmm. . . has no one here been to profootballtalk.com yet? I thought for sure their latest would be emblazoned at the top of the board already.

Well, far be it for me to do all the work, but I'll toss a sliver of red meat for y'all.

POSTED 8:56 p.m. EDT; UPDATED 9:11 a.m. EDT, September 18, 2007

IS THIS MANGINI'S LAST NFL JOB?

As the dust continues to settle regarding last week's storm of controversy regarding the Patriots spying scandal, more and more folks in league circles are talking about. . . . . . .

Hmmmmm. . . has no one here been to profootballtalk.com yet? I thought for sure their latest would be emblazoned at the top of the board already.

Well, far be it for me to do all the work, but I'll toss a sliver of red meat for y'all.

I have boycotted that website...but I'll read whatever is posted here. :D

Even if no more team accuse Jets of cheating, Mangini has to be extremely careful of being caught, therefore, more difficult to win. 0-16 season, and Mangini fired.

I have boycotted that website...but I'll read whatever is posted here. :D

No kidding. I think they're crap and that goes for when they dump on us or not. It's not like they see the light as long as the story is not a negative one about us.

Like Curren said this week in defense of his peers, national guys write for their audience (something local guys wouldn't dream of doing, at least here...). Florio (and lots of others) sense the masses are tiring of the BB bashing, and perhaps even to the extent they are anxious to find someone to blame for all this madness. Enter Mangenius...

As the dust continues to settle regarding last week's storm of controversy regarding the Patriots spying scandal, more and more folks in league circles are talking about the strong possibility that Jets coach Eric Mangini will find it very difficult to be hired by any other NFL team.

Selena Roberts of the New York Times addressed this point on Tuesday, and we've heard similar thoughts from multiple league insiders.

As a matter of principle, Mangini has violated the code of silence. As a matter of practicality, Mangini has shown that he cannot be trusted.

If, as plenty of league insiders privately will acknowledge, there are many tactics utilized by teams that violate one or more league rules, who would ever trust Mangini with the state secrets if he'll be willing to blow the whistle after he leaves?

The reality, however, is that Mangini has likely learned his lesson, and that he knows that he has pulled the trigger on a one-shot pistol. But this doesn't change the fact that no NFL executive could justify taking the risk that Mangini might offer up a sequel.

Meanwhile, Mangini might have problems keeping the job he currently has. As one league insider opined on Tuesday:

"The biggest issue that Mangini faces is that his team absolutely stinks. One of the problems with being a surprise team is that you can't surprise anyone anymore. They won't win more than six games this year. The Ravens tried to hand the game to the Jets after dominating for three quarters and the Jets refused to take it. The offensive line is awful, the defensive line is terrible, the running back is old, the wideouts drop passes, and the secondary is beat up. The Patriots will win that division by five or six games, easy. That, more than anything, is going to put heat on Mangini."

So it could be that Mangini will eventually have to seek refuge in the college game. If, that is, he can find a program that has no secrets that it would rather not have the NCAA find out about.

Well, maybe the UFL will be hiring.

Marvin Lewis isn't part of the fraternity. He is also the newest member of the competition committee, getting the nod when Holmgren was having his little post SB emotional meltdown and thinking about retiring. When he resigned the committee they appointed Marvin because he was coming off the Bungles first decent season in forever. Of course, things have since changed - actually we kind turned his tide last season as I recall - and he's once again coaching the Bungles. I would bet he was the Competition Committee member who was reportedly blubbering about how this HC's penalty needed to be at least as severe as the poor, mostly black players Goodell has been so heavy handed with... I figure Polian was more likely the voice of reason who said suspension would be going overboard. He's mellowed somewhat since winning that lone Lombardi, and I think he'd see the slippery slope in all this for 31 other FO's that some of the hothead HC's on the committee failed to consider when they piled on.

Please.
Rational thinking has no place in this Forum (lately).

Like Curren said this week in defense of his peers, national guys write for their audience (something local guys wouldn't dream of doing, at least here...). Florio (and lots of others) sense the masses are tiring of the BB bashing, and perhaps even to the extent they are anxious to find someone to blame for all this madness. Enter Mangenius...

Niiiice.. The tide is finally turning. Once a rat, always a rat.

sorry if this has already been posted, but...

from coldhardfootballfacts

"Sports Illustrated sent out this quote with their media blast ... it will be in this week's issue.

It's from Peter King, quoting an NFL coach:

“If he wasn’t before, Mangini’s dead to Belichick now,” says one head coach. “What Mangini did is a disgrace. He wouldn’t be a coach in this league without Bill, and this is how he repays him.”"

I am still surprised this story isn't picked up:

Estrella Set Up?
FOXBORO - According to a TV cameraman who was on the scene last week when Patriots staffer Matt Estrella was hauled off the Jets sideline for videotaping their sidelines and trying to heist signals, Estrella was initially approached because he had on a different color vest than he should have.

At NFL stadiums, all cameramen wear a vest handed out on game day. Still photographers wear red; video guys wear black. Estrella, using video, was in a red vest. So game security had a reason to approach Estrella. It did, noting that he wasn't supposed to be wearing a red vest. Instead of merely giving him a new vest, that was the point at which he got hauled off.

It's worth wondering if Estrella was purposely handed the wrong vest so that A) he'd stand out and B) security would have a reason to approach him in the first place for an innocuous violation that could (and has) grown into something more.

http://www.nbcsports.com/tomcurran/blog/2007/09/estrella_set_up.html

Along with things looking to start to look like Mangini being a slimball and might have leaked the tape. I think this is a huge smoking gun potentially showing this whole thing was orchestrated from Mangini and the Jets to begin with.

sorry if this has already been posted, but...

from coldhardfootballfacts

"Sports Illustrated sent out this quote with their media blast ... it will be in this week's issue.

It's from Peter King, quoting an NFL coach:

“If he wasn’t before, Mangini’s dead to Belichick now,” says one head coach. “What Mangini did is a disgrace. He wouldn’t be a coach in this league without Bill, and this is how he repays him.”"

Niiiiice.

It reminds me of that scene in Wall Street after Bud Fox has turned on Gordon Gekko. They meet in Central Park and Gekko starts punching the crap out of Fox, saying stuff like, "I taught you the value of information....how to get it...and this is how you repay me, you ****roach?!!!!!!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back