PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN Boston: Morris to IR [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ESPN Boston: Morris to IR

Damn! That was one of the 2 places where the pats has no quality depth! Gotta sign a vet or begs Cory to suit up one more time. What is Antoine Smith doing these days?

I heard a report that Corey would suit up for only one team. Otherwise he is not coming back.

Okay, Laurence. It's showtime.

I heard a report that Corey would suit up for only one team. Otherwise he is not coming back.

Not only one team, but only one game. He said he'd re-sign with the Pats if they called him the week before the Superbowl and said they needed a goal-line back. Looks like we need a few more weeks before we call him!

Seriously, what a bummer, both for us and for Morris. He was having the best year of his career out there. Who're we gonna get now?

Damn! That was one of the 2 places where the pats has no quality depth! Gotta sign a vet or begs Cory to suit up one more time. What is Antoine Smith doing these days?

Umm . . . last I checked, the Pats O hung 28 on the Cowboys in the second half without Morris or Maroney (or Watson). Somehow, I think they'll figure something out. :)

My guess is that it just means more carries for Eckel/Evans. :) / :bricks:

Last edited:

Looks like one of the Jackson will probably be activated for this weeks game. Chad please!

Bad luck for Sammy and us. He was playing real well.

Coke all over my screen. Not nice!:mad:

I would assume we'll activate E. Jackson this week as he can play ST then consider signing a RB - I love Maroney and Faulk but with 11 games to be played we'll probably need one more guy.

I think I'd go with Kevan Barlow.

J D Sal

Why sign another RB? The Pats now have a perfectly good reason to keep passing & scoring in blowouts. :)

Why sign another RB? The Pats now have a perfectly good reason to keep passing & scoring in blowouts. :)

More to the point, here's another reason for choosing the pass when they're waiting and ready for the run!!!
Get better soon Sammy and we'll look forward to seeing you next season!

I'd think it will generate some workout invites and maybe a practice squad move, but perhaps no more of a response than that.

Evans likely sees more work now, and Faulk perhaps as well.

I hear Robert Edwards may be available.

I'd think it will generate some workout invites and maybe a practice squad move, but perhaps no more of a response than that.

We can sign a RB and send Eckel to the PS.

Well if Kevin Faulk stays healthy we can keep doing that :) But from a depth perspective, don't forget about how we missed Kevin Faulk in 2006 AFCCG second half. Morris was our backup third down back with solid catching and pass protection abilities.

I pray it doesn't mean more Evans. He is an awful runner. Wouldn't surprise me to see Barlow signed. They brought him in earlier, right?

We can sign a RB and send Eckel to the PS.

Right now, I don't see that happening; (A) Eckel seems to have carved out a niche for himself on ST, and (B) my guess is--given the way things are going with RBs--he might well be claimed off waivers before the Pats could resign him.

Sammy was more than any of us thought he would be, this is a blow for tha Pats.

Oakland is thinking of releasing Dominc Rhodes, he could fit the bill, the trading deadline is past so we would have to get someone off a practice squad, or someone who was released.

I hear Robert Edwards may be available.

Wouldn't that be something? I might get a little choked up about that.:rocker:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back