PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN: Bill Belichick has the NFL’s least diverse coaching staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow I feel like you're referring to "reverse racism" when in fact just having the last name Washington (most common black surname in the US) can get you automatically denied for loans and interviews.

Care to back up that claim? I used to work in commercial lending and I had to compete against other brokers in order to loan money to blacks.

BTW, it's against Federal Law to deny someone a loan or interview based on race.

Total liberal BS. Please provide an example of your "fact" that someone named Washington was denied a loan or an interview based on their name alone.

I've seen that happen.

I worked for a guy who would not hire someone if the name on the resume looked African American. He used to say, "look at the name". Of course the guy was a nutcase and believed that aliens had bread with the Jews in the past which, according to him, was why Jews had superior intelligence. haha

OK, honestly, since I was a little Pats fan, I've liked Dole Pineapple Pink Grapefruit Juice Drink

Total liberal BS. Please provide an example of your "fact" that someone named Washington was denied a loan or an interview based on their name alone.
Is that your picture?

This is America 2016, everyone keeps score of how many whites, blacks, gays, Hispanics, Asians, women, etc make up a particular group of anything....thanks Barry
No need to keep score, that's for sure

However things are is the way it should be

Last edited:
It's kind of sad seeing good Pats fans jump through hoops over idiotic comments coming from BSPN. When will we ever learn?

we can't help it

3616.jpg

The NFL is a classic "good ole boys" club where rich white men hook up their other rich white male friends and it's hard for black men to get into those circles. That's just the reality of the situation. This is why the same terrible coaches keep getting recycled back into the league.
I dont know why people get so mad about you stating this, its pretty obvious it happens. Lovie Smith, Jim Caldwell are examples of guys in the "good ole boys" club too.

There have actually been very few NFL Players who have made the change to coaching,. Ed Reed joining the Bills. Ray Ventrone joining the Pats. Vrabel with the Texans. Those are some of the more recent.

You already had the likes of Jeff Fisher, Tony Dungy, Mike Mularkey, **** Jauron, Mike Ditka, Dan Reeves, Mike Singeltary, Mike Caldwell. Tom Landry. Don Shula. It could be that the uptick in CTE over the past 3 decades have limited players abilities to teach and be effective at coaching after their playing careers are done. But that is pure speculation on my part.
it is kinda weird how few NFL coaches are former NFL players right now, I saw somewhere that in the 80's it was around half but now its around a quarter of coaches are former players.

the country is 12.3% African American

the pats coaching staff is 14.2% African American

leave it to an African American to write the article
way to make it weird dude

BSPN put BB morning presser "live" on Sportscenter this am, for ten minutes they had the "waiting BB press conference" on the scroll. LOL, BB got up there and said we will get Jimmy ready to begin the season and Tom will start once he gets back, and then proceeded to refer every single other question back to his original statement. And oh, in case you were wondering, BB says they are taking everything "day to day".

Its comical to watch these clowns try to get him to say something.

BSPN put BB morning presser "live" on Sportscenter this am, for ten minutes they had the "waiting BB press conference" on the scroll. LOL, BB got up there and said we will get Jimmy ready to begin the season and Tom will start once he gets back, and then proceeded to refer every single other question back to his original statement. And oh, in case you were wondering, BB says they are taking everything "day to day".

Its comical to watch these clowns try to get him to say something.
Let's hope he never changes too!

But I would love to hear him say "I don't give a rats arse about diversity, I only care about winning championships"!

Isn't there a sub-section for this liberal nonsense? Democrats are already trying to ruin the country by making everyone but white males some kind of victim. Keep this out of football
And the "Winners" win!

The world has indeed turned upside down. Just now watching Mike and Mike (only because I'm tired of listening to and watching Toucher on 98.5 dump on the Patriots every chance he gets) with Mike G., Ian Fitzsimmons, Michael Smith and Jemele Hill. A discussion surrounding Bill B. as the GOAT ensued. Pretty much unanimous that he is the GOAT, or, at the very least, in the conversation. Really glowingly complimentary about Bill. Not one syllable about Spygate, Deflategate or cheating. I almost fell out of my recliner. Pretty bad when those individuals and that piece of #### network treat Belichick and NE better than the locals. But, not really surprised.

I am less concerned about the supposed lack of "diversity" (a leftist cover for quotas & set-asides based on something other than qualifications) on the coaching staff than I am about the lack of independent thinking brought-about by the hiring of assistants, most of whom owe their entire employment existence in the NFL to Bill, who have never played even major college football, never mind NFL football, and who have never coached anywhere else in the NFL but in NE.
The Patriots under Bill have become NFL coaching's version of the Hapsburg dynasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back