PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Espn :Better defensive coach, Belichick or Ryan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah okay. basically what i said Lol. thanks

No. You said '00, '05, and '07 are too far back to disprove your claim that 'defense wins championships' is down the drain and claim that it's a QB driven league. Newsflash again skippy......like I said it's not a big secret that great QB's drive the league, but in most of the actual Superbowl games it always comes down to whose defense plays better. It ALWAYS comes down to defense. Watch the game for a few more years and then maybe you'll get it skippy.

Last edited:
No. You said '00, '05, and '07 are too far back to disprove your claim that 'defense wins championships' is down the drain and claim that it's a QB driven league. Newsflash again skippy......like I said it's not a big secret that great QB's drive the league because in the actual Superbowl games it always comes down to whose defense plays better. It ALWAYS comes down to defense. Watch the game for a few more years and then maybe you'll get it skippy.

yep. ;) i gotcha

What a stupid debate...one guy has 5 rings the other guy's high point was losing in the AFCCG.

Up next who is the better QB...Joe Montana or Drew Bledsoe?

Conflict of interest. Sorrrrrrrrrrrrry Shawn

Yeah but it wasn't as good as the Jets defense is now though. yeah, they're defense was better than it is now but we've never really had an "elite" defense like the Jets.

Without a good Qb, your team team will never win
Wow, you must be very young.
The 2003 Patriot defense wasnt as good as the Jets are now. You couldnt have watched the 2003 PAtriots or you would realize how ridiculous that statement is.

Wow, you must be very young.
The 2003 Patriot defense wasnt as good as the Jets are now. You couldnt have watched the 2003 PAtriots or you would realize how ridiculous that statement is.

yeah, i already admitted to this being stupid on my part. That was an over sight on my part. For some reason i didnt remember their defense being all that good but i was wrong. Lol

And yes, i am pretty young.

Don't get me wrong. They are playing well at times and coming up with big plays but the offense still has to score enough to points to keep up with the points given up. Its like the Saints last year... give up alot of yards but make the big play to win the game.
Yeah, that really isnt what is happening. We have had about zero games where the offense had to 'keep up' with what the defense is allowing.
We are allowing some points, that for sure, and we have allowed bunches of points when we had huge leads and could afford to.
The 2010 Patriots defense has allowed ZERO 4th quarter scores to tie the game or take the lead.
Your characterization is ignoring that fact.

Yeah, that really isnt what is happening. We have had about zero games where the offense had to 'keep up' with what the defense is allowing.
We are allowing some points, that for sure, and we have allowed bunches of points when we had huge leads and could afford to.
The 2010 Patriots defense has allowed ZERO 4th quarter scores to tie the game or take the lead.
Your characterization is ignoring that fact.

True, call me wrong. i know. i can't say it enough. I still think the offense in the beginning of this season was bailing out the defense. you disagree with that? They've gotten much better to me too. I'm actually proud of them being so young and adapting so well.

lol?

Well, which is it espn. Are the jets overloaded with talent, way more than those lousy pats or is their coach more of a genius than ours for making so much from so little?

Can't have it both ways, make up your pat-hatin' minds please.

:bricks:

True, call me wrong. i know. i can't say it enough. I still think the offense in the beginning of this season was bailing out the defense. you disagree with that? They've gotten much better to me too. I'm actually proud of them being so young and adapting so well.
What games at the beginning of the season did the offense bail out the defense?
There were games where the offense scored a lot of points, and there were games where the defense allowed a lot. But I think you have cause and effect backwards.

No need to act offended that people disagree with you, just defend your point and accept when someone has a better one.

What games at the beginning of the season did the offense bail out the defense?
There were games where the offense scored a lot of points, and there were games where the defense allowed a lot. But I think you have cause and effect backwards.

No need to act offended that people disagree with you, just defend your point and accept when someone has a better one.

Bills game. Tell me I'm wrong. The defense was terrible that game.
I never shun away good points, you can't how many times in this thread i admitted i was incorrect?

Last edited:
The 03 defense was just amazing. Great dline but our secondary set us over the top. And for kid-brady, that 03 defense had so many more ballhawks than just revis. We had ty law(who revis was compared to), eugene wilson(beast that year), harrison, bruschi(had clutch int), and to top it off asante samuel was our freaking nickelback. Qbs were lucky not to get picked off throwing the ball away.

I vividly remember that season. Pats were dominant and the chiefs had dante hall returning all kinds of crazy kicks.

Back to the topic of this thread. Belichick wins over ryan. BB has stopped some awesome colts teams like 03 and 04 colts in the playoffs and if you can ignore the 4th quarter implosions in our recent games but when has ryan stopped the colts. when the ravens were the face of defense i remember peyton carving them up pretty good through the years and the awesome jets defense couldnt slow peyton in the afccg at all. When it comes to stopping a high powered offense like the 01 rams, Colts, 08 Cardinals I trust no one more than BB.

Bills game. Tell me I'm wrong. The defense was terrible that game.
I never shun away good points, you can't how many times in this thread i admitted i was incorrect?
OK, I wont even debate the Bills game, even though I certainly could.
That is 1.
Are you telling me that ONE qualifies as the offense always needing to bail out the defense?

Well Bill has 2SB as a coordinator and 3SB as a head coach. Ryan has'nt accomplished anything other than shoot his mouth off. I don't care about rankings and stats, wins and rings........

Defense does win championships.......

Obviously BB has accomplished more, he has been coaching longer. Also how did everyone here forget about Rex Ryan's superbowl ring from 2000 Ravens.

2000 was Marvin Lewis' defense.

Shawn Springs is really stupid in this video. He obviously doesn't watch any of the film or the games. Sure the Ravens/Jets defenses have been very good statistically, and Rex Ryan is obviously a good defensive coach. He might even have been a better defensive coach in the past five years as Springs is saying, I'm not going to argue that... But to insinuate that the Patriots won three super bowls purely because of Brady and that the Giants won because of "Parcell's Defense" is just blatant ignorance. What a blathering fool.

This is an absurd question, its almost unworthy of a reply, but since so many others have i'll comment. Bill Belichick, what has Fat Boy ever accomplished except running his mouth 24/7 or should i say filling his mouth 24/7. Is it snack time yet???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye