PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN...A new low

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthPatriot

Banned
Reaction score
Trey Wingo on NFL live was just defending Ben worthlessburger for having a bad superbowl and said ...and I **** you not "You know who else had a bad first superbowl?..Tom Brady"...And the two so-called experts didnt even challenge this subhuman.Check your damn facts Trey...He was the f-ing MVP..He didnt have any turn overs I know he threw at least one td...Plus he orchestrated the game winning drive.To compare that turd filled egg that worthless layed sickens me.Now I wont be posting for a few days as I have "business" to take care of in connecticut.good day!:mad:

Last edited:
That is low, but ESPN will have to stay up nights and put on thinking caps and take lots of ginseng in order to come up with an idea as low as Bonds on Bonds.

It's amazing how little the media - even specialized types like Wingo - actually know about the Patriots. They'll see. This team is getting younger and more athletic and actually GAINING cap flexibility. The fact that there's not more attention paid is fine with me.

That said, claiming Brady had a bad first Super Bowl is asinine, even if Ty Law did deserve the MVP.

Last edited:
DarthPatriot said:
Trey Wingo on NFL live was just defending Ben worthlessburger for having a bad superbowl and said ...and I **** you not "You know who else had a bad first superbowl?..Tom Brady"...And the two so-called experts didnt even challenge this subhuman.Check your damn facts Trey...He was the f-ing MVP..He didnt have any turn overs I know he threw 2 tds...Plus he orchestrated the game winning drive.To compare that turd filled egg that worthless layed sickens me.Now I wont be posting for a few days as I have "business" to take care of in connecticut.good day!:mad:

Brady threw one TD in his 1st SB not 2, to David Patten near the end of the first half to go up 14-3. I believe he was 15-27 and 195 yards or something like that. They thing that made him the SB MVP was the last drive to get them in position for the winning FG. I believe he started at his OWN 18 with only 1:08 left. Brady showed nerves of steel on that drive. Even Madden, who said that they should have kneeled on the ball said he was getting goosebumps on that drive. Personally, It's something I will never, ever forget.

I wouldn't call Brady's SB bad,(not even close to bad,no int's in his first SB was pretty darn good) but it wasn't as good as his performances in t SB's 38 & 39.

Roethlisburger's (SP) performance was pretty brutal, QB Rating in the 20's or 30's, it was Seattle's fault that they didn't take advantage. Unfortunately Big Ben took away Brady's title as youngest QB to win (not lose ?) a SB, despite his every attempt to lose it. Big Ben is a good QB, but not even in Brady's stratosphere yet.

scott99 said:
I wouldn't call Brady's SB bad,(not even close to bad,no int's in his first SB was pretty darn good) but it wasn't as good as his performances in t SB's 38 & 39.
THe folks who decided he was MVP said he wasn'tbad either

Someone ought to write a letter or something.

Last edited:
patsox23 said:
It's amazing how little the media - even specialized types like Wingo - actually know about the Patriots. They'll see. This team is getting younger and more athletic and actually GAINING cap flexibility. The fact that there's not more attention paid is fine with me.

That said, claiming Brady had a bad first Super Bowl is asinine, even if Ty Law did deserve the MVP.
The average Joe living outside of New England has no idea. Due to the Patriots loss to Denver the Patriots dynasty is over. What is surprising is the experts are not any better. Patsox, you hit the nail on the head (younger, more athletic, and cap flex). Now, throw a pissed off Brady into the mix and we are going to see major dividends this year.

spacecrime said:
THe folks who decided he was MVP said he wasn'tbad either

I always thought Ty Law should have been MVP of that game.

Jacky Roberts said:
I always thought Ty Law should have been MVP of that game.

I always thought Vinatieri should have been the MVP of that one.

But, of course, the media brains would never give the award to a Kicker. Idiots.

Tom Brady - SB XXXVI:
16-27 (59.3%), 145 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 86.2 QB Rating

Ben Roethlisberger - SB XL:
9-21 (42.9%), 123 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 22.6 QB Rating

Case closed. Roethlisberger's performance isn't even in the same dimension as Brady's.

rookBoston said:

But, of course, the media brains would never give the award to a Kicker. Idiots.
You know trey just went down to number 2 on my hit list...are you serious?Think of what Brady did..he had less game experience than worthlessbooger...less than a whole year..And then to have the cajones to go out there and lead his team down the field on the biggest stage in this country.For a virtual damn rookie.He had a mistake free superbowl.Adam went out there and kicked a ball.It was great..but..There is no sane comparison.In baseball terms Brady hit a triple...adam got him home on a fielders choice.No Contest.

rookBoston said:

I gotta go with the media brains on this one. When a kicker can hit a FG from inside his own 20, then and only then should he be named MVP of anything.

espn has become such a joke of a network. i don't even watch anymore. the sportscasters have made it all about them, and put the sports second. they all want to be talked about just like this, they dont really care about putting out a good product or correct information anymore. when i lost all respect for espn was after the patriots won super bowl 36, the cover of the next magazine issue was a nascar driver. one of the best stories in sports over the last decade and what some would argue the biggest upset in super bowl history, and the cover is of some driver. awful. what a garbage of a network and magazine. i find espn unwatchable unless they are running a game. and i have refused to even open an espn the magazine since then.

You have got to be f##king kidding me.......

DarthPatriot said:
Trey Wingo on NFL live was just defending Ben worthlessburger for having a bad superbowl and said ...and I **** you not "You know who else had a bad first superbowl?..Tom Brady"...And the two so-called experts didnt even challenge this subhuman.Check your damn facts Trey...He was the f-ing MVP..He didnt have any turn overs I know he threw at least one td...Plus he orchestrated the game winning drive.To compare that turd filled egg that worthless layed sickens me.Now I wont be posting for a few days as I have "business" to take care of in connecticut.good day!:mad:
'

The guy (even that is being kind) is a total hack who must be trying real hard to be the next Skip A-hole Bayless..........Seriously.....Trey Wingo???? What kind of stupid/feminine name is that?

Comparing Rottenburger and Brady's first SB's is absolutely ludicrous.......Trey....stick to covering Bowling...........what a jacka##

PatsFan24 said:
espn has become such a joke of a network. i don't even watch anymore. the sportscasters have made it all about them, and put the sports second. they all want to be talked about just like this, they dont really care about putting out a good product or correct information anymore. when i lost all respect for espn was after the patriots won super bowl 36, the cover of the next magazine issue was a nascar driver. one of the best stories in sports over the last decade and what some would argue the biggest upset in super bowl history, and the cover is of some driver. awful. what a garbage of a network and magazine. i find espn unwatchable unless they are running a game. and i have refused to even open an espn the magazine since then.

ESPN has gone from a great sports network to a mediocre 'entertainment' network. When they have clowns like Michael Irvin, Merrill Hoge, and the horrific baseball people, it's just ludicrous. NFL Network is 100% better.

I agree.......

onegameatatime said:
That is low, but ESPN will have to stay up nights and put on thinking caps and take lots of ginseng in order to come up with an idea as low as Bonds on Bonds.

aligning yourself with the greatest CHEATER in the history of professional sports brings you down to their level. NEVER mind that this guy is one of the biggest AHOLES in sports (if not the world)......nice move Espn.......what a bunch of hacks

ummmm

scott99 said:
Brady threw one TD in his 1st SB not 2, to David Patten near the end of the first half to go up 14-3. I believe he was 15-27 and 195 yards or something like that. They thing that made him the SB MVP was the last drive to get them in position for the winning FG. I believe he started at his OWN 18 with only 1:08 left. Brady showed nerves of steel on that drive. Even Madden, who said that they should have kneeled on the ball said he was getting goosebumps on that drive. Personally, It's something I will never, ever forget.

Roethlisburger's (SP) performance was pretty brutal, QB Rating in the 20's or 30's, it was Seattle's fault that they didn't take advantage. Unfortunately Big Ben took away Brady's title as youngest QB to win (not lose ?) a SB, despite his every attempt to lose it. Big Ben is a good QB, but not even in Brady's stratosphere yet.

"Roethlisburger's (SP) performance was pretty brutal, QB Rating in the 20's or 30's,"

Ummmmm....pretty bad? It was the lowest (or perhaps 2nd lowest) QB rating in Superbowl history. He was absolutely horrid. He never even got in at the goalline, and his passing was atrocious. They were talking about him the other day and how he stepped into the driver's seat of a well oiled, perfectly running ferrari....whereas many QB's drafted step into a pinto with a gas leak............Rottenburger has proven NOTHING (IMHO) at this point. Put him on the lions or cards of the past few years and see what he could do.....then do the same with Brady...see who comes out ahead......Rotten can't carry Brady's jock!

I like that name alot.......

DarthPatriot said:
You know trey just went down to number 2 on my hit list...are you serious?Think of what Brady did..he had less game experience than worthlessbooger...less than a whole year..And then to have the cajones to go out there and lead his team down the field on the biggest stage in this country.For a virtual damn rookie.He had a mistake free superbowl.Adam went out there and kicked a ball.It was great..but..There is no sane comparison.In baseball terms Brady hit a triple...adam got him home on a fielders choice.No Contest.

Worthlessbooger :) Better than my creation of Rottenburger.......

DarthPatriot said:
Geez, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.
One word: Lipitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey