PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Esiason on d&c: Pats 'petty' to punish welker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the pats are waiting for the extra strength stick em do arrive cause clearly Wes still have the dropsies. He got booed when he dropped that first down. We need him underneath now so BB better figure something out cause when you got the next winner of dancing with the stars as your QB right now he needs to get rid of the ball fast and no one is better at that then Wes.

Ron Jaworski on ESPN this AM mentioned that he thinks BB uses the first part of the football season to work through new concepts and/or personnel so that things are running smoothly by Nov/Dec.

Brother Ron must've been reading my Column. ;)

Fanatical Yankee ~ Patriots Pandemonium

"If you take a sweeping look back at The Belichick Era, in fact, I think you can make a strong Argument that Coach Bill The Mad (Genius) regards the entire first 3 months of the season as an extension, in a manner of speaking, of the exhibition season, with Wins & Losses important, to be sure, but with equal stress being focused on developing a team that will crush the Enemy, come December, January, and February.

And he is so damned good that he can afford to take this approach.

Works for me."

If you heard the actual interview Callahan was trying to get Boomer to say that Pats were punishing Welker. He said: IF IN FACT that's the case it's petty. He went on to cite several other plausible reasons this could be happening. Clash with the OC, Patriots trying to deversify to be less predictable, some type of insubornation, being late to meetings......He put it all under the disclaimer that he has no inside insight and that if it was the Jets we would know for sure because Rex Ryan would let us know and turn the entire event into a three ring circus but Bill is too smart for that.

Lloyd, Edelman, Gronkowksi and Hernandez started and played 2 series.

Hernandez was injured.

Our $9.5M sub came in off the bench and played lots of reps, like a good sub should. That is the advantage of depth.

Are you being naive on purpose?

anyone playing edelman over welker is an idiot.......period

anything other than putting the players out on the field that put you in the best position to win is ustterly ridiculous.

doesn't brady have anything to say about who he is throwing to?

they are paying him 9/5M and spiting him at the same time? I would try to get my $$ worth out of him.

They got 63 snaps and 11 targets. What do you consider smart? Running him into the ground in September?

Totally speculation. Until I see solid evidence this is the case, I don't believe it. This sounds along the lines of 'the players hate their coach' quote which was also completely unsubstantiated.

Esiason sounds spot on to me. Even if it's not for 'punishment' reasons, do you really think that BB believes that he's putting in the best people to make the best plays for each snap when, IMO and I'm guessing a lot of peoples' opinions, Welker is better than Edelman? Sure, Edelman has potential but drip-feed him into the team, don't relegate your QB's go-to receiver needlessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots