PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Esiason on D&C: Jets roster has surpassed Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
the jets have a good front 7 and the best CB in the NFL and a realy good O line

the pats D line with out seymour was average this year and the O line was never realy at 100%

if the jets QB becomes a star. and the pats don't do anything about all the holes they have on both sides of the ball and ST then yes look for the jets to take over the east. but if the pats reload then they will still be the class of the east

Some of this is ridiculous. Yes, of course the Jets are iffy, rookie QB and all.

But Shonn Greene vs. Maroney?
Revis vs. Bodden?
Faneca vs. Mankins? OK, that's close
Light vs. Ferguson?? Well??

How about Harris vs. the wrecked knee (hopefully he comes back) Mayo?

Cotchery vs. Aiken?

I mean no offense, but come on...you can still be a Pats fan if you admit that they are better at a few positions.

I think Brady, Moss and Welker walk into the that Jets side.

Wilfork takes Jenkins place because Jenkins can't stay healthy.

Umm... I'm not sure about anyone else.

Seriously?

Warren over DeVito
Banta Cain over Thomas
Bodden over Sheppard
Meriweather over Rhodes
Sanders = Leonhard

I said as much. Well not literally one arm, but he's better if he's healthy anyway.

Do you think Brady hits the long pass to Edwards against the Colts given how he plays this year? See what I mean?

But yes, of course, in a regular year he's much better.

Do you see Brady making the countless mistakes Sanchez has made this year? He made several mistakes yesterday that he was lucky not to have gotten picked off.

The fact of the matter is the Jets' offensive strategy is to keep the ball out of Sanchez's hands. He is effective if he isn't throwing more than 15-20 times a game. More than that and the Jets usually saw the wrong side of the win-loss columns and Sanchez threw more picks than TDs.

The Pats would never have a strategy like that for Brady. Even with his injury plagued year this year, the Pats were better off with Brady throwing the ball. That alone makes Brady a far, far better QB injured or not.

Everyone who doesn't ball wash is a troll! I love it.

No, you just display all the symptoms of a klinefan-esque troll, and, thus, your contributions are of little interest.

As long as we are talking about hypothetical swap of players would take RB/CB/LB from Jets in a NY minute ;)

Seriously?

Warren over DeVito
Banta Cain over Thomas
Bodden over Sheppard
Meriweather over Rhodes
Sanders = Leonhard

Yeah, i just thought about this. Warren gets in, as does banta cain.

Bodden would start at 2nd corner.

I think Leonhard proved a lot of people wrong (including me). Hes a player.

I'm not a big Meriweather fan so i'm pretty biased on that one.

Leon Washington, Kris Jenkins

They would be FAR better with those guys too.

Yes, they are better than the Pats. The coaching is better too, that's what can't be changed easily.

I still think a healthy Brady (hopefully he was injured this year) is better than Sanchize.

How are they better? Its not even close. The patriots lost to them when they were banged up and it was a close game...a less rust brady and a healthy welker and the game wasnt close. The pats finished the regular season with a better record, and won the division. And before you say it, no, the playoffs dont matter because the jets got a free ticket into them.

LMAO! This is getting so old. This love session with the Jets needs to end now! They are not better coached nor is their roster more stacked. As evident by the fact that a rusty ass Brady almost beat them the first go around, and in the 2nd go around made them look like fools. We played the colts down to the ******* wire. The jets took em to mid 2nd qtr. Give me a break already.

Thank you.

Faneca vs. Mankins? OK, that's close

Not really. Mankins is far better than Faneca. Welcome to 2010. Faneca may have been the weak point of the Jets' o-line

Light vs. Ferguson?? Well??

Light is pretty much on par with Ferguson, but he was injury plagued this year.

How about Harris vs. the wrecked knee (hopefully he comes back) Mayo?

Did you see Harris last year? He was worse than Mayo this year with his knee injury.

Cotchery vs. Aiken?

Yeah, but Welker is much better than David Clowney. C'mon, you are going to compare the Jets' starting WR with the Pats' #4 WR? Of course, a starter is better than someone who is #4 on the depth chart.

I mean no offense, but come on...you can still be a Pats fan if you admit that they are better at a few positions.

Well, eventhough I agree with you, you might want to actually learn a little about each team's roster before you comment.

No, you just display all the symptoms of a klinefan-esque troll, and, thus, your contributions are of little interest.

Well Esiason said it to start with, is he a troll?

And I said that Brady was NOT inferior to Sanchez or Sanchize however you like to spell it.

Get used to this Pats fans. Just because the Jest got farther than us in the playoffs, there will lots of talk from all the media all off-season about how there better, yada, yada, yada...

Last edited:
Well Esiason said it to start with, is he a troll?

And I said that Brady was NOT inferior to Sanchez or Sanchize however you like to spell it.

Way to completely miss the point.

The issue is not Esiason's remarks; he's certainly entitled to his opinion, however misguided it may be.

How are they better? Its not even close. The patriots lost to them when they were banged up and it was a close game...a less rust brady and a healthy welker and the game wasnt close. The pats finished the regular season with a better record, and won the division. And before you say it, no, the playoffs dont matter because the jets got a free ticket into them.

Thank you, too.

This is going to be one long-a** offseason:cool:

Get used to this Pats fans. Just because the Jest got farther than us in the playoffs, there will lots of talk from all the media all off-season about how there better, yada, yada, yada...

The team that LET them win in the regular season just crushed them in the playoffs. They were really an 8-8 team, they can talk all they want.

They have surpass this team when it comes to the defensive scheme.They have a shutdown CB.

Last edited:
They still had the number 1 defense at the end of the day.They are more creative then our team on the defensive side of the ball.

They still had the number 1 defense at the end of the day.They are more creative then our team on the defensive side of the ball.

Yeah the "#1 defense" that gave up 5 or 6 game losing drives. Real clutch.

I don't know what's worse, no Super Bowl or the idiots that have invaded this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back