PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Esiason: Deflategate a conspiracy between Harbaugh and Paganism

A little late to worry about discovering what the actual story was here, Boomer. F off.

Wow, Boomer, ya think?

Welcome to earth.

I really hope that's how it all went down. But I have a hard time believing it. It would be as hard for the Colts to tamper with that ball on the sidelines as it would be for us (in other words, virtually impossible). I think it could be just that ball was out in the elements more, so was effected by the cold & rain more. That and perhaps measuring it might have "unintentionally" lowered the PSI a bit also (i.e.-intent couldn't be proved).

But if that's what did happen?! Oh man, that wouldn't be just trying to "embarrass Brady" as Esiason said. It would be a blatantly fraudulent scheme to distract the Pats in the Superbowl, cost the Patriots' draft picks and cost Belichick and/or Brady potentially suspensions and hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines. So I think in that case the penalties for the Colts and/or Ravens would be massive! Significantly worse than they would be if the Pats were found to have been at fault for the low PSI.

I really hope that's how it all went down. But I have a hard time believing it. It would be as hard for the Colts to tamper with that ball on the sidelines as it would be for us (in other words, virtually impossible). I think it could be just that ball was out in the elements more, so was effected by the cold & rain more. That and perhaps measuring it might have "unintentionally" lowered the PSI a bit also (i.e.-intent couldn't be proved).

But if that's what did happen?! Oh man, that wouldn't be just trying to "embarrass Brady" as Esiason said. It would be a blatantly fraudulent scheme to distract the Pats in the Superbowl, cost the Patriots' draft picks and cost Belichick and/or Brady potentially suspensions and hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines. So I think in that case the penalties for the Colts and/or Ravens would be massive! Significantly worse than they would be if the Pats were found to have been at fault for the low PSI.

It wouldn't be hard for the Colts to let some air out of the ball on the sidelines at all lol

Esiason: Deflategate a conspiracy between Harbaugh and Paganism

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/02/...ffort-by-ravens-colts-to-embarrass-tom-brady/

Only 1 ball was found 2lbs under? And the rest just a tick below 12.5?

This should be good.

“If you notice, Harbaugh never went after Bill Belichick and never said anything negative about him as a coach for the previous two weeks leading up to the Super Bowl. Next week the Patriots are playing the Colts, and their head coach is Chuck Pagano, who was once defensive coordinator under John Harbaugh and the Ravens. They’re all close and they’re all tight,” explained Esiason.

“This is what I believe happened: they all wanted to embarrass Tom Brady, and they wanted to put him on the spit if you will. They wanted to make him answer questions about said rule book.”

“You can say whatever you want about DeflateGate, and who said what, but to me this is about how the NFL operates: it’s back stabbing, it’s insecure and it’s childish. ‘You want to call me out? I’m going to call you out. You want to embarrass me? Guess what I’m going to embarrass you.’ I’m telling you, this is the way the NFL works. At the end of the day, Tom Brady is the one who’s got the last laugh. He’s got his third Super Bowl MVP trophy and his fourth Super Bowl.”​

Last edited by a moderator:
Time to make this a national story.

You still feeling a little deflated, Luck?

Do the Colts know that Pagano is a pagan? They're pretty deep into God's country.. ;)

With some posts, under Thread Tools you can Edit a post's title. Though maybe there is a time limit set on doing so, I'm not 100% sure.

I always suspected Pagano was a member of PAGAN (People Against Goodness And Normalcy)

The Sour Grapes Brigade marches to it's doom. Gonna be great watching the hammer coming down hard on them.

I always suspected Pagano was a member of PAGAN (People Against Goodness And Normalcy)

If I'm remembering right about it being Pagan's that were in western Pennsylvania, well then I had a "run in" with a few of them bearing shotguns.

We were doing an underwater cross-pipe inspection in a shallow river right in back of several old barns out in the middle of nowhere in the hills of western Pennsylvania.

Some agitated, tattoo'd shotgun wielding men (not wearing colors like you'd see in SoA though) were mighty concerned about what we were doing and exactly what our business was and how long we were going to be doing it.

Later on getting beers and sandwiches we talked to a sheriff's deputy in passing and he guessed that we were in back of some Pagan's meth/dope barns. He opined that it wouldn't have been that far of a stretch for them to shoot anyone getting that close to their business. He might have been pulling our legs and the guys just regular run of the mill anti-government hillbillies, but I do know these guys were NOT happy to see us.

He's just an Italian pagan.

I don't know why they would ignore it. 24/7 news is a ratings driven industry where they have to invent story lines to beat the masses with. "Deflategate" has runs its course, but now they can revive a brand new scandal with the Colts and the Ravens.

I'd watch lol

I don't know why they would ignore it. 24/7 news is a ratings driven industry where they have to invent story lines to beat the masses with. "Deflategate" has runs its course, but now they can revive a brand new scandal with the Colts and the Ravens.

I'd watch lol
LOL! We all know why they'll ignore it!

Err pagano.....damned spell check

I can't top the following.

Do the Colts know that Pagano is a pagan? They're pretty deep into God's country.. ;)

With some posts, under Thread Tools you can Edit a post's title. Though maybe there is a time limit set on doing so, I'm not 100% sure.

No, you were correct the first time.

He's just an Italian pagan.
I admit I wonder what the heck is this about when I read it. I still can't stop laughing.

Time to make this a national story.

You still feeling a little deflated, Luck?

I actually feel bad for Luck in all this. He seems like a genuinely standup guy (love that he complements defensive players on hitting him the way Tom does), and if I were him I'd be so embarrassed about who I was working for. Cant believe how petty some organizations are.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back