PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Erik Frenz: Patriots sign Olympic track star & Florida UDFA RB/WR/KR Jeff Demps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Erik Frentz: patriots sign jeff demps (unconfirmed)

Players potentially affected:

Kettani
Bolden
Branch
Stallworth
Edelman
Woodhead
Ebner

Did I miss anyone?

Yes, your boy Dan Connolly won't be returning kicks

Yess!!!!!

This just makes me giddy for the fact the pats have never had a lightning fast player.

Do we have the fastest player in the NFL? He's faster than Wallace, Chris Johnson, etc.
Chad Jackson ran a 4.32!

So funny how BB was coy with the press yesterday when asked about Demps and track guys in general making the leap to the NFL. He pretty much poo-pooed the idea.

That's funny, because after listening to BB I came away certain Demps was going to be a Patriot! There was just something about the way he discussed both the player and the KR position in the last couple of days.

I already said this in the draft board discussion, but I never thought the Jets were really in the running with McKnight entrenched at KR. That's the one instant-impact role that's most likely to guarantee Demps a roster spot as he eases back into football and the team finds ways to integrate him into the offense.

Anybody know whether he's played gunner? If so, send Marquise Cole up toward the top of the likely-to-be-impacted list.

re: Erik Frenz: Patriots sign Olympic track star & Florida UDFA RB/WR/KR Jeff Demps

Agent denying it because nothing is signed yet. He's supposed to sign by 5pm today.

re: Erik Frenz: Patriots sign Olympic track star & Florida UDFA RB/WR/KR Jeff Demps

I haven't seen much if anything of this guy...Darren Sproles type?

Demps has the potential to be Darren Sproles 2000.0

Last edited:

Not only will he help in the return game but you know McD is scheming up ways to get him some touches. New England Gators 19-0

We finally have a KR!!

Can we get Usain Bolt at WR now?

Re: Pat's Add Olympic Silver Medalist

IF he can get the offense down by Week 1, he'll be flat out DEADLY in the screen game. Our return games, which Belichick just commented on yesterday, could take a boost as well.

Yess!!!!!

This just makes me giddy for the fact the pats have never had a lightning fast player.

Do we have the fastest player in the NFL? He's faster than Wallace, Chris Johnson, etc.

Chris Johnson claims had he trained as a track athlete that he could have beat Usain Bolt but I would think that seeing as Johnson did not train track that Demps probably is faster then Johnson but Johnson mignt not agree.

OK kid welcome to the team now go win a roster spot. Your behind the 8 ball as it is and we likely cant count on getting you to the practice squad.

Can someone explain how he's able to skip the draft to chase the Olympics, but then essentially become a 'free agent' to sign with anyone, as opposed to going into the supplemental draft, or having to wait for next year?

I thought players that skipped the draft had to wait for the next one? So what is stopping the next potential #1 pick to just skip the draft, then sign with who he wants? I'm obviously missing something here?

Excellent news.

The return game is clearly a spot where we can improve, so I imagine he will be used there.

Congratulations to Demps for following his dream and winning on all fronts:

- skips the whole pre-draft circus
- represents his country and wins an Olympic medal
- gets to CHOOSE his NFL destination in a competitive bidding situation.

Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back