PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ERIC MOULDS anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
we already have an old man in brown.

Sure, it can work to sign those types of guys on the cheap, but that stategy is also how you end up with:

- A one dimensional offense, because you signed WRs off other teams' trash heaps on the cheap. Opposing defenses know that you don't have a deep threat or a playmaker at the WR position, so they are free to stack the line of scrimmage and take away the quick passes.

- A linebacking corps that blows the AFCCG, because they can't stop the run or cover anyone. Everyone was so happy when we signed Seau because he was cheap, and he did play well when he was in there, but, surprise, surprise, the 37 year old man got injured and suddenly we had nothing at the position.

So you can find some decent players on the cheap when you go for over the hill, injury prone, or otherwise questionable veteran players, but it does tend to come back and bite you in the butt from time to time.

oh i dont think getting these guys is the be all and end all to our worries
im the biggest backer on here of getting younger and faster at linebacker, believe me
and i also have always said and keep saying we still need a better number one wr, even when others say look what bradys done without one, i say look what he could do with one

so believe me, im right there with you
that being said, we should def add a couple of these vets that could be had cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back