ERIC MOULDS anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
from rotoworld:

Texans release WR Eric Moulds.

That's a strong statement about Moulds considering how thin Houston's roster is. The Texans will take a cap hit over $3.5 million to cut Moulds, but he just can't seperate at age 34. He has 138 catches over the last two years, but a dreadful 9.9 yards-per-catch average. New England and Philadelphia were rumored to be interested in Moulds last year, and could look to him as a slot receiver. Houston now has to be considered a favorite to go hard after other free agent wideouts.

Maybe they'll trade OAK for Moss:singing:

Ill pass on Moulds at this point. He isnt the same WR he was when Flutie was QB for Buffalo. i dont see him as an upgrade over Caldwell or Gaffney

from rotoworld:

Texans release WR Eric Moulds.

That's a strong statement about Moulds considering how thin Houston's roster is. The Texans will take a cap hit over $3.5 million to cut Moulds, but he just can't seperate at age 34. He has 138 catches over the last two years, but a dreadful 9.9 yards-per-catch average. New England and Philadelphia were rumored to be interested in Moulds last year, and could look to him as a slot receiver. Houston now has to be considered a favorite to go hard after other free agent wideouts.
hes had carr and losman throwing to him, id take a flyer on him

We have 2 needs at WR

1. A deep threat

2. Veteran depth

I'd be willing to overpay for a good deep threat. Veteran depth can be had on the cheap. If Moulds' price was right I'd love to have him a veteran depth. Obvioulsy he's no longer a deep threat.

I think its worth noting that a WR with a notoriously poor O-line is not going to have a particularly good YPC average.

In fact you could almost write that part of his career off - Moulds could be a nice addition - and a cheap addition in place of Troy Brown (if he retires...if he is ALLOWED to retire).

Who would have picked up Caldwell and Gaffney with anything approaching confidence?

NM

Last edited:
Sad as it is even at 34 years of age with declining skills Moulds would still be the best WR on this team.

So yes I'm all for seeing him considered.

We have 2 needs at WR

1. A deep threat

2. Veteran depth

I'd be willing to overpay for a good deep threat. Veteran depth can be had on the cheap. If Moulds' price was right I'd love to have him a veteran depth. Obvioulsy he's no longer a deep threat.

I'm with Joe on this one.

And I still want both Kevin Curtis and Drew Bennett.

Sad as it is even at 34 years of age with declining skills Moulds would still be the best WR on this team.

:eek: huh? What?

Sign him up. Would love to get this guy on the team. Make him an offer.

Here, Here Cousin Captain Stone!
Draft choice receivers just do not develop in the Pats System for two to three years. Look at Branch. Less than successful his first year. I think if Chad Jack can get healthy, he comes on but that is still two years away. Unless you can draft a polished receiver high on day one, you just have to wait for a time.

Trade up for CJ? Cost you two ones's....... but how does he change the whole complexion of the offense for years to come? Gonzales intriques me. He's smart enough to play in this system and polished to play right away.

The reason Gabriel is not here and Chad has been limited in time is because they never grasped this offense. Chad will, but next year. How many receivers had some talent but failed here? Were they at the end or just unable to get it.

Bennett and Curtis are both smart guys and productive. Curtis can return kicks and punts and is fast with great routes. Bennett is a possession guy. Curtis really fits with Brown as a possible retiree.
DW Toys

I would take a pass at Moulds. I wouldn't pay too much for him and I don't know if I would stop at him as additions to our WR corp. But at a low salary, it is worth the risk to see what he has left.

I don't know if he is starter material anymore or if he is willing to take a back up role, but I think if we can get him for near the veteran minimum plus incentives we could do worse.

Not interested.

Moulds brings two things we need, veteran depth and a career wasted on losing teams. If he can come here and play hungry in the 3-4 slot for a couple years, he'll add alot to this offense.

That's rubbish.

I don't know if he is starter material anymore or if he is willing to take a back up role, but I think if we can get him for near the veteran minimum plus incentives we could do worse.
As things stand at the moment he'd be competing with backups so he'd not have to be a starter.

Heck, I could probably compete capably with the WR's now on this team.

Moulds had 57 catches last year. For a guy who people think is close to "done," them's mighty close to Caldwell numbers - and with David Carr throwing to him, and Andre Johnson getting the first looks.

i still think they have to add one other vet/possession type wr
and either moulds or engram would be pretty good at that spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots