PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eric Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
This guy looked pretty good when he was in games last season.

Showed alot of promise coming off the edge and maybe a reason why Belichick is satisfied with his pass rush this upcoming season.

Could this UFL journeyman be the answer this year to our pathetic Pass Rush?

I personally think he may end up to be the best pass rusher on this team when the 2011 season ends.

Eric may be a silent but deadly player on the outside.

Last edited:
This guy looked pretty good when he was in games last season.

Showed alot of promise coming off the edge and maybe a reason why Belichick is satisfied with his pass rush this upcoming season.

Could this UFL journeyman be the answer this year to our pathetic Pass Rush?

I personally think he may end up to be the best pass rusher on this team when the 2011 season ends.

Eric may be a silent but deadly player on the outside.

He's pretty much our Keanu Reeves.

The answer to our weak pass rush? Probably not.

I think he'll get 3-5 sacks and be solid for us though.

I think he may have the drive to snatch this opportunity and become a player for us.

Seems like he's kept working despite not getting that break, not unlike Vrabel.

Let's get a few things settled.

People need to stop calling the Pats pass rush "pathetic".

They were in the middle of the pack in sacks. They were at the top of the league in interceptions.

Can they improve their pass rush? Yes.

Eric Moore played very well in his short time with the team. Well enough to push for pretty good playing time. With a full TC, I expect him to be even more productive. Is he a long term answer? No. But he's looks like he could be a short term band-aid.

They were in the middle of the pack in sacks. They were at the top of the league in interceptions.

Eric Moore played very well in his short time with the team. Well enough to push for pretty good playing time. With a full TC, I expect him to be even more productive. Is he a long term answer? No. But he's looks like he could be a short term band-aid.
Still though, go back and watch the highlights of the browns and jets games. Hate seeing guys McCoy and Sanchez run all over our guys. And I don't think the pats have sacked peyton since like 07(the jarvis green strip to seal it?).

According to football outsiders, they were last in the league in pass defeats.

Moore will be one of my binkies this season.....can I have more than one?

A team goes 14-2 with a bunch of plug ins and rookies...I think BB has a plan to improve the team overall....If there is a season I believe they make it to the AFCC game ( barring major injuries)....

This team was good last year and has the potential to be even better this year..get that CBA signed and lets play ball !!

No, it really is pathetic. Having a bunch of sacks, being in the middle of the pack, more sacks after Nov, blah, blah, blah. This defense is based off of pressure coming from the edge, without it the defense gets exposed. The interior line is made up of big, heavy guys. They may get some sacks, but the cannot chase the QB down and they cannot dictate the game.

Without a pass rusher applying outside pressure the DBs get exposed, the linebackers have to be used as pass defenders and get run on in passing situations and we live with people like TBC and Ninkovich. Bith of them are second stringers, at best.

The reason why people are so happy with Eric Moore is because everybody else sucks. It is the off season, when grasping at straws is what happens when the team doesn't draft a pass rusher.

Indeed...when it mattered we couldn't come close to creating pressure.

Eric Moore did look good in that Bears game.

Last edited:
The only down side is that he isn't young, but last year he just came into a new system and he might never played a 3-4 before, i haven't checked, and contributed right off the bat. I have higher expectation for him this year.

The reason why people are so happy with Eric Moore is because everybody else sucks. It is the off season, when grasping at straws is what happens when the team doesn't draft a pass rusher.

Oh yeah, you're right. McCourty sucked. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, you're right. McCourty sucked. :rolleyes:

I am talking about pass rushers. Now, if you are advocating moving McCourty from DB to OLB we can discuss that idea. I don't think it will work but he might be better than what we have.

I don't know why people are not really up on this guy.

He played in only 4 GAMES last season and had 13 tackles and 2 sacks......if he had played in all 16 games and kept up that pace he would have ended up with 52 tackles and 8 sacks.

If 52 tackles and 8 sacks is not a great deal on a team that has problems with pass rush,then I don't know what to tell you.

I watched the first 7 minutes and noticed him being in on about two plays.

Are you sure about that? I watched the whole thing and he was in almost every play until in the 3rd when the Pats were up 38-0 and they went into a 4 man front zone defense.

From what I saw (I was focusing in on him exclusively), he struggled quite a bit in the first quarter. He played almost exclusively on the strong side that quarter and had problems getting pentration and really struggled in coverage (he looked lost).

In the second quarter, he switch back and forth between sides and really started to emerge. He had a sack, a forced fumble, and a QB pressure in that quarter. He out muscled Jake Long several times.

I don't know why people are not really up on this guy.

He played in only 4 GAMES last season and had 13 tackles and 2 sacks......if he had played in all 16 games and kept up that pace he would have ended up with 52 tackles and 8 sacks.

If 52 tackles and 8 sacks is not a great deal on a team that has problems with pass rush,then I don't know what to tell you.

He was injured for quite a bit of the four games he played. He showed flashes of dominance. It is a long way from being any good, but if he is healthy and plays a 16 game schedule he could be one of those scrap heap guys the Pats have picked up in the past and turned into a solid starter. Don't forget he was learning the system and the position on the fly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back