PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eric Moore returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mack Herron

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
So tweeteth Ian. Made plays in the backfield when he was here as an edge rusher and with the Destroyers.

Twitter

I liked him last year and in preseason, I was shocked when they cut him although no-one else picked him up. He made plays and had some burst to the QB.

Wow. So weird how earlier today I mentioned his name in the topic of "Who Gets IR'ed" and commented on how well he played at the end of last year.

I'm happy to see Eric Moore back. I always thought he was a playmaker.

Both Reiss and the Twit from the herald were speculating that it would be Markell Carter from the practice squad, who's had offers from another team to get on the 53.

I'm happy to see Eric Moore back. I always thought he was a playmaker.

Agreed. Last year in four games (three starts) he had 13 tackles, two sacks, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery. Hes not more explosive than Carter or Anderson but hes a solid contributor- a clear upgrade over Cunningham.

Looks like he was playing for Schottsie for the Virginia Destroyers....

Last edited:
Let's play glass half empty/half full.

Some people are disappointed with cunningham, even though i doubt anyone expected him to be as good as Andre Carter right now.

Since I don't care at all where someone was drafted...

Here's glass half full.

Right now, we have solid players at DE/OLB in Carter, Anderson, Nincovich and Moore.

Next year, without any further picks or acquisitions, we start with under 30 players Anderson, Nincovich, cunningham and Markell Carter pushing the aforementioned.

A lot better than we have had. If we play more 3-4, we know the transition takes a while, so i think that's a pretty good stockpile.

By the way, is anyone still calling anybody Stinkovich?

Awesome, I love this guy.

i really liked eric moore, glad he is back

Let's play glass half empty/half full.

Some people are disappointed with cunningham, even though i doubt anyone expected him to be as good as Andre Carter right now.

Since I don't care at all where someone was drafted...

Here's glass half full.

Right now, we have solid players at DE/OLB in Carter, Anderson, Nincovich and Moore.

Next year, without any further picks or acquisitions, we start with under 30 players Anderson, Nincovich, cunningham and Markell Carter pushing the aforementioned.

A lot better than we have had. If we play more 3-4, we know the transition takes a while, so i think that's a pretty good stockpile.

By the way, is anyone still calling anybody Stinkovich?

IIRC Carter and Anderson are both signed to one year deals and are pretty much 4-3 ends exclusively who have been unable to transition to 3-4 OLB when tried at that position.

I think Ninkovich is the only one assured of being on the roster next year regardless of defensive alignment.

Sorry, but what difference will this guy make? He's Eric Moore/

Interesting. I was googling Markell Carter and I got Moore's picture. Now what number is he getting? I liked his number 96 last year. He was always around the ball.

Interesting. I was googling Markell Carter and I got Moore's picture. Now what number is he getting? I liked his number 96 last year. He was always around the ball.

92 is available. Pretty sure they pulled off "Haynesworth" off as fast as possible.

Last edited:
Liked his production late last season and a ST contributor as well. Solid move, also we don't have to worry about Markell Carter getting scooped if he doesn't make it through waivers.

Last edited:
Should have signed this guy on the cheap to begin with instead of giving Shaun Ellis however many million for nothing.

Sorry, but what difference will this guy make? He's Eric Moore/

Clearly, you missed those 2 quarters at the end of last year where he had a slight impact ;)

Sucks that Cunningham has gotten completely lost in the shuffle and didn't do well with the transition. I thought we might have finally had a burgeoning pass rusher after his play last year. Didn't put up many sacks but was so close to having a handful and looked pretty athletic.

Perhaps Moore is a better fit for the 4 man fronts.

Last edited:
IIRC Carter and Anderson are both signed to one year deals and are pretty much 4-3 ends exclusively who have been unable to transition to 3-4 OLB when tried at that position.

I think Ninkovich is the only one assured of being on the roster next year regardless of defensive alignment.

I didn't say they were going back to the 3-4 next year and besides, it seems they are in sub packages more than anything else these days.

I love Carter, i'd like for him to play as much as possible next year. Why shouldn't we be able to sign him? at his age, he's worth a lot more to us than on the open market.

Thanks for proving there is always a negative way of looking at things, fits right in with the theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down